Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 02 September 2009, 16:49   #61
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
Quote:
but not looking too clever at the moment, will wait for Avo's verdict
Pussy!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Nice_Hat205.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	45442  
__________________

__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 September 2009, 17:11   #62
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,013
Indeed...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pussy.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	45443  
__________________

__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Chris Stevens

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 September 2009, 03:57   #63
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Pussy whipped again!

Cheers Chaps!
[Did'nt realise you were both comeing!!]AND Dont forget to drink plenty of water!..would'nt want you BOTH to get TOO DEHYDRATED......... in front of the RADIATOR all weekend!
__________________
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 September 2009, 11:47   #64
Member
 
Country: Other
Make: Ribtec
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F225
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 411
Just because the Fuschia and Cafe du Port are full, doesn't mean there's only camping available at St Vaast.

There's a decent hotel 5 minutes further along from the Fuschia, heading east and slightly inland, which we stayed at one year -can't remember the name but it had wrought iron railings if memory serves.

Avoid staying overnight at the Vauban. It's OK for a meal but the rooms are like broom cupboards unless they have vastly improved.

There is a good hotel in the next coastal village heading west (5 minute cab ride) with 15ish rooms.

4 guys in our party stayed in a gite, which was organised at the very last minute. They bunked down together in the first 2 rooms they came across and when they woke up and explored the place the following morning, they reckoned it would probably accommodate 14 people !
__________________
Bittentobuggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 September 2009, 12:25   #65
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hayling Island
Boat name: Rapid
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Mariner FS
MMSI: 235072903
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 69
St Vaast

Avocet & Maximus

News from the Chichester group is that we have decided that the trip is a no go due to the continuing high winds that are not expected to settle much before Sunday.

There are some people new to Ribs in the group from here as well, so all in all probaly the right call to make.

Shame as I was really looking forward to another adventure. Talk is of grabbing the next opportunity to go during one of those autumnal high pressure periods, flat calm, plenty of sun and that autumn nip in the air in the mornings!

I will put Mrs B on stand by, and pack away the brownie points for another day.

Hopefully you like me think the same and are happy to try again soon.

Regards

Mick.
__________________
Mick Balch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 September 2009, 08:24   #66
RIBnet supporter
 
Trevor G's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Crowthorne
Boat name: Black Adder+BabyBlue
Make: Shearwater + Avon
Length: 8m +
Engine: TDi Diesel + Merc 60
MMSI: 235026679
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
I'll need to launch the boat on Friday evening to leave Poole at 7.00am on Saturday for Yarmouth, so I might go and stick its nose out beyond Old Harry and see what the sea state is like then - so probably won't make a final go, no-go decision until after then.
Hi Avocet (and everyone else!)
We're back from France now but it's a bit too soon to go for a jaunt back across the channel.
If you decide not to go for the weekend in France are you likely to be up for a trip somewhere on Saturday - maybe a Nacho run to Yarmouth or Lymington to make up for the fine french cuising that you'll be missing?
I need to get Dizzy off the trailer to do some repairs so will be out and about by late Saturday morning /early afternoon.
However, XCweather.co.uk is now showing decreasing winds for Saturday and Sunday in the Channel so maybe you can go back to "Plan A"!
Trevor
__________________
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 September 2009, 10:49   #67
Member
 
Avocet's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 899
Hi Trevor

Trust you had a good time in France and look forward hearing about it.

Having spoken to Maximus at lunchtime, we have decided that the weather is too borderline to try the Channel crossing this time but this is merely a postponement rather than a cancellation...... Watch this space!

The current alternative plan now is for Mrs A and me to leave Poole about 9.30 am on Saturday and head around St Aldhelm's and Portland with a view to meeting Maximus at West Bay for lunch. What we do in the afternoon will depend upon how the trip to West Bay goes but there is the possibility of completing the crossing of Lyme Bay. Mrs A and I have, however, booked accommodation in West Bay for Saturday night and will therefore be returning to Poole on Sunday.

Anyone that wants to accompany us to West Bay or meet up on the return trip is more than welcome and would avoid us having to do the trip solo.

David
__________________
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 September 2009, 11:42   #68
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
David that sounds awesome but my boat has not been built yet!!!!

Will catch you on the next one
__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 September 2009, 13:36   #69
RIBnet supporter
 
LURCHER's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Tisted Hampshire
Boat name: Hot Lemon
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
MMSI: 235
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 766
Send a message via MSN to LURCHER
Hi David ,
Disappointment all round on this one but another times sounds like a very good idea , mid October can bring some still days and perfect for a quick dash across . Many thanks for all your efforts so far . Force 4 on Sunday will get me out windsurfing instead !
John
__________________
www.hiremarquee.co.uk
LURCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 September 2009, 12:50   #70
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
Guys, good call on the postponment I reckon... you may feel better to know that I've been on a tall ship sailing from Holland to Wales for the past 10 days, and the wind was against us until rounding Lands End... we were hiding in port with great regularity in between the gales... it's not been nice out there, and I reckon it would still be quite lumpy for a safe rib trip...
__________________

__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.