Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 24 August 2009, 14:19   #31
Member
 
Avocet's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 899
In addition to the papers listed above, it would also be prudent to bring your current boat insurance and European Health Insurance Card (the replacement for the E111). If not already registered, you should also register your boat with the CG66 scheme through the MCA.

Still too far off for any weather forecast to be accurate but the long range view is currently 'unsettled' for 29 Aug to 7 Sept .......

I've only received the information requested from Lurcher and Maximus so far. Look forward to receiving it for all others coming so that I can reserve places in the marina for all those coming and ensure that fuel is available.
__________________

__________________
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2009, 10:01   #32
Member
 
Maximus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,272
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
So?... Where has everyone gone!Only good manners to let Avocet know your intentions.
__________________

__________________
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2009, 12:18   #33
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: cookoo land
Boat name: tba
Make: ribcraft 595
Length: under 3m
Engine: Suzi 140
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 316
Probably in a dark room looking at their long range synoptic predictions!

Sad to say it's now looking like 50/50 for me.
__________________
BassBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 August 2009, 16:11   #34
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hayling Island
Boat name: Rapid
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Mariner FS
MMSI: 235072903
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 69
St Vaast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
In addition to the papers listed above, it would also be prudent to bring your current boat insurance and European Health Insurance Card (the replacement for the E111). If not already registered, you should also register your boat with the CG66 scheme through the MCA.

Still too far off for any weather forecast to be accurate but the long range view is currently 'unsettled' for 29 Aug to 7 Sept .......

I've only received the information requested from Lurcher and Maximus so far. Look forward to receiving it for all others coming so that I can reserve places in the marina for all those coming and ensure that fuel is available.
David

Details sent by email as requested.

Lurcher and co, what time do you want to RV at HISC on the Saturday?
__________________
Mick Balch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2009, 02:47   #35
RIBnet supporter
 
LURCHER's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Tisted Hampshire
Boat name: Hot Lemon
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Inboard
MMSI: 235
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 766
Send a message via MSN to LURCHER
hisc

Mick
Will stay in Dunes overnight and leave boat on pontoon if wx ok .
J
__________________
www.hiremarquee.co.uk
LURCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2009, 10:38   #36
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hayling Island
Boat name: Rapid
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Mariner FS
MMSI: 235072903
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCHER View Post
Mick
Will stay in Dunes overnight and leave boat on pontoon if wx ok .
J
John
OK I assume thats the cabins at HISC, or the beach! Either way I will be launching from Northney on Saturday morning at 0730 and will meet with you at 0800 at HISC. My co pilot is exactly that and will have the benefit of Her Majestys finest weather reports. I dont intend to go if the weather in anyway looks like a blow, following on from Tim Griffins planning for Alderney anything more than F2 from any direction is likely to put us off the trip.

Let me know if these times suit you, I am at HISC on Saturday so may catch up then.

Mick
__________________
Mick Balch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2009, 14:04   #37
Member
 
Avocet's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Poole
Boat name: Grimalkin
Make: Ribcraft 750 Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzi 250
MMSI: 235050647
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Balch View Post
David

Details sent by email as requested.
Thanks for that Mick - do you have an e-mail address that you can PM me?

Lurcher, what about KTNV and Tex? Are they still interested? If so can I have their details?

Have just purchased Imray Chart C32 which covers the Baie de Seine and includes a detailed chart for the approach to St Vaast as well as for Cherbourg (alternative destination).

250kts, Roy Smith or anyone else ready to commit?
__________________
Avocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2009, 16:16   #38
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Boat name: SOLD
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 794
i cant comitt yet as we are frantiic with work at the moment
but as i will camp on board if we do come i dont need the accomadation
i have all the waypoints from last year plumbed into the plotter
so i am ready to go,
__________________
Roy Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2009, 04:10   #39
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hayling Island
Boat name: Rapid
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Mariner FS
MMSI: 235072903
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocet View Post
Thanks for that Mick - do you have an e-mail address that you can PM me?

Lurcher, what about KTNV and Tex? Are they still interested? If so can I have their details?

Have just purchased Imray Chart C32 which covers the Baie de Seine and includes a detailed chart for the approach to St Vaast as well as for Cherbourg (alternative destination).

250kts, Roy Smith or anyone else ready to commit?
Hello David - email as requested

mickbalch@btconnect.com

Looking at the charts it seems unlikley that the two groups would cross paths until we get very close to the French Coast, its possible that radio comms night not be good if our distances are too far apart,let me know what you think? Might it not be best to choose an RV point after all and be prompt, at least if might get the fleet within radio contact?

Mick.
__________________
Mick Balch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2009, 04:27   #40
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Showing 20mph Westerlies for the 5th at present. It could change between now and then.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.