Originally Posted by MarkWildey
The weather for Saturday is a whole lot better than Friday, with the low moving south and should be into the Bay of Biscay.
According to my web sites, 0700 Saturday there should be F3 winds on the south coast with a slight increase to F4 around the Channel Islands.
And according to the Met Office site it will be bright sunshine so I'll be packing be factor 5 and Rayban's
Yes, that's what I've been seeing Mark, but for us 6 metre people planning action on this forecast, do beware. It should be down to 15 knots in the Solent by some forecasts as I write ... In fact its about 24 according to Chimet. Also, I've just spoken to the HM at Dover, (Possible option for me if quieter in the East) and their forecast for now (Friday) is 3-4... in fact it is apparantly more like 30 knots there!.... so I suspect a possiblity of some forecast revisions later today. Hopefully things are just a bit late cos Sun - Tue didn't look too bad.
Andre and I are still hoping to do something this weekend. Plan at the moment is perhaps Cherbourg Sat/Sun though re- above looking less likely as there's still going to be lot of swell about even if the winds do drop o/n.
2nd option - Solent tomorrow (for Andre) and shorter crossing Dover - Boulogne Sun/Mon. (My favoured for domestic reasons)
3rd option - Tidal Thames through London on Sunday
4th option - pub!
So if you do come down at least we can do London!