Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 October 2004, 11:34   #31
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 2,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No Andy, but you might be trying to pull the wool over the eyes of certain marina managers eyes when it comes to berthing fees.
Its actully 9.5m.

Must admit the 8.5m bit did throw me at first but, and dont take this personally, I just assumed you'd got the length wrong!
__________________

__________________
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 October 2004, 12:22   #32
Member
 
Nick Hearne's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,242
Andy do I take it you are going in this?
Brian you must be a very nice man!
Nick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img46.gif
Views:	163
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	8579  
__________________

__________________
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 October 2004, 12:52   #33
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Falmouth
Boat name: Big Blue
Make: Halmatic Pacific 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mermaid 140
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 63
Alan, I could try saying that I was just trying to throw you off the scent, but I think you'd see through that as well, so I will confess to getting it wrong. DOHH!!

Nick, all I'll say is that Brian is one of life's true Gents.

Andy
__________________
Andy Cox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2004, 17:26   #34
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Iver, Bucks, UK
Boat name: Prime Rib II
Make: Humber Ocean Pro
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercruiser 1.7 diese
MMSI: 235086032
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 443
Hi Guys....

Just to say that I have now arranged to have my work commitments covered for the weekend.....

However, giving due consideration to the distances involved and the lack of daylight at that time of year, with my 6.3 RIB.... (and I suspect this goes for you too, Andre), it just won't be possible unless the weather is pretty well flat calm for the 4 days. I cruise in a calm sea, at about 23 - 25 knots. If it gets lumpy I will be down to about 15.... so do the math and you will see it will have to be pretty un- October like weather to make it.... and even then we may have a weekend in Alderney instead!

So, I think we will be lucky to go.... but we'll see.

Oh for that extra length and thrust!


CT01 I will answer your e-mail regarding crew etc when I can find someone daft enough to come with me! Er Ageing Youth???


Mike C
__________________
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 October 2004, 19:43   #35
Member
 
Country: Other
Make: Ribtec
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F225
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 411
At this stage, I think it's important to just keep your options open...

I'd love to do this as we won't be able to make Weymouth this year but I already know that I've got a staffing problem on Friday 29th. Added to that, I've exceeded my holiday allocation by 3 days already this year. However. I'm not ruling anything in and I'm not ruling anything out. Who knows, there may be a little room for manoeuvre closer to the time.

For the guys in smaller boats who want to go, why don't you try to blag a ride in some of the bigger Ribs making the crossing ? There's gotta be some spare seats in those big Scorps.

Although Caprisante will seat 8, the maximum crew I would consider feasible for making a passage of this length, would be 4. If I do go, there would therefore be 1 or possibly 2 places available on my boat.

As it will be tricky for me to skank yet another day off, I might even consider a Friday night ferry or flying very early on the Saturday with a view to a french RV, and hopefully blagging a ride back on the Sunday.

It's on the calendar in the kitchen; that's the main thing !
__________________
Bittentobuggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 October 2004, 04:42   #36
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Mike, Could not agree more with you. I hv the time off, the rib is in good shape but still lacking crew. I am waiting to here from Phil Chitty

anybody with enough experience keen to go or should I say mad enough to go with us?
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2004, 05:47   #37
RIBnet supporter
 
Erin's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Channel Islands
Town: A large rock
Boat name: La Frette
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 Suzzy
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 2,830
Might possibly join you guys if the weather's fair. So long as you pass by Jersey I could join the cruise. I'd be another 6m boat to help even things out a bit in the size stakes.

Cheers
Keith
__________________
Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2004, 12:39   #38
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portchester, Hants.
Length: no boat
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 584
Send a message via AIM to Aging Youth Send a message via Yahoo to Aging Youth
Hi All

Hi Mike & Andre,

Looking at my calender, I will not be able to make this w/end. Family commitments prevent tying up the whole w/end. sorry.

Have a safe trip. it would have been good to catch up with you all. Mike,Di & Charles Ect.

Hope it goes to plan.

Regards
__________________
Aging Youth
Aging Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 October 2004, 13:26   #39
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aging Youth
Hi Mike & Andre,

Looking at my calender, I will not be able to make this w/end. Family commitments prevent tying up the whole w/end. sorry.

Have a safe trip. it would have been good to catch up with you all. Mike,Di & Charles Ect.

Hope it goes to plan.

Regards
Mike

it seems we both have crewing problems so perhaps we will have to find an alternative venue cos weekend is free
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2004, 20:30   #40
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bembridge IOW
Make: Cobra 8.5m
Length: 8m +
Engine: Merc DTronic 250hp
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 39
Andre - Chances of suitable weather for crossing the channel safely at the end of Oct look extremely slim! Would be most interested in alternative plans if any are hatched.

Regards

Paul
__________________

__________________
Paul Knowlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.