Old 22 April 2007, 19:49   #41
RIBnet supporter

Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I'm up for anything monday night - Sidewinder hasn't been operational for long so it would be good to do a bit of ribbing in company, even if we just go for a play outside Pompey harbour and I persuade one of Nauti's Crew to get some piccies, followed by grub/bevvies in the Lightship.

Would go further afield if people want to though!

Sounds like a good idea, sure someone on board can take some piccies for you
Old 22 April 2007, 19:51   #42

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Oops sorry folks but Old Spice "fails to proceed not splutter or even a click, so Monday will be spent with an Avo (thats a volt meter for the younger members on here) and me wiring

Pete
Old 22 April 2007, 20:25   #43

Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy View Post
Sounds like a good idea, sure someone on board can take some piccies for you
Awesome, cheers! If my housemate decides to drag his extra large self along, plus camera, I may even be able to reciprocate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7 View Post
Oops sorry folks but Old Spice "fails to proceed not splutter or even a click, so Monday will be spent with an Avo (thats a volt meter for the younger members on here) and me wiring

Pete
Pete, if you get frustrated with the wiring, yourself and crew would of course all be welcome on Sidewinder.
Old 23 April 2007, 17:24   #44

Don't know what time you are all heading out (or indeed if you've already left!) but I will be running a bit late, as just leaving Soton and have to go via home. Hopefully will see you all at the Lightship!
Old 24 April 2007, 07:40   #45

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Ye Olde Ribbe Trippe

(Sorry to miss ye Pete & co, RickUK3, Kevin & Kath, Tim & Nasher what ARE you up to? )

Ye Olde Ribbe Trippe for St. George of the Middle Earth

We made it back to work at last from adventures elsewhere and realised midway through the day that in a comms-free period we had forgotten all about St. George’s Day and the after-work blast.

Merlin was duly launched and in the mists wreathing Portsmouth Harbour some Ribsters gathered to celebrate the day that was in it. A marathon blast to The Lightship was enough to assure Paul that his new engine was at least bolted on and the newly reconditioned steering wheel (thanks to Andy Hightower) glowed red for the National (not yet a )Holiday. Nautibuoy led the way , dispelling the gathering gloom of a Monday eve.

We gathered round to quaff ale in the Lightship while Robin and Gill told us of their diving progress and Jimbo represented the Youth of the Locality. Apparently Tim M was busy getting himself elected Social Secretary of the Uni Sailing Club, a process not unlike the French Elections (many aperitifs ). Unfortunately the gArfish was also unable to join us since he was busy shaking his stick and slapping his bells for the annual Calshot Morris Dancing International Spectacle.

Hightower told some toilet stories which left us all worried about whether To Pee Or Not To Pee. But the highlight of the night was a Flipping Beermat Contest. (As introduced in Merrie Ingerland by Robin Hood and some particularly Merrie Men soon after the invention of Ye First Beermatte). A record may have been set but I now have poor recall of the exact details? It will no doubt appear in the Guinness Book of Records (now published in Park Royal by a French consortium).Nauti Buoy tried to keep order in between doing his Cary Grant impersonations. The only person wearing red was Irish. A Great Time Was Had By All.

Off we went home eventually to the visible relief of the Lightship Staff. Jimbo sped away in an extremely smart-looking Sidewinder and none of us could remember the words to Jerusalem, Land of Hope and Glory or anything else for that matter as we headed for home/ a last drink to dead dragons in Lloyds Bar.

The Inaugural RIBnet St. George’s Cruise should now become an Annual Affair. For the record (of special interest to the Young People normally aboard Fly By 11, there was hardly any talk of props and engine oil although steering did get briefly discussed )

Happy Holiday to All. And may we all have the day off next year so we can do a proper cruise

Kathleen & Paul

(BTW There is an Unconfirmed Rumour going round the Solent that Admiral Pete 7 long a faithful powerboater of impeccable pedigree has been seen hoisting a spinnaker or two and trying to remember what a lanyard is. )
Old 24 April 2007, 17:48   #46

Town: Fareham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackeens View Post
(BTW There is an Unconfirmed Rumour going round the Solent that Admiral Pete 7 long a faithful powerboater of impeccable pedigree has been seen hoisting a spinnaker or two and trying to remember what a lanyard is. )
You where told not to say anything

Very descriptive story of events Kathleen.

I slept very well

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2007, 18:16   #47

The Demon Drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
Oh yes

Please disregard the rumour that Pete may or may not have been aboard a saily boat.

Old 24 April 2007, 21:29   #48
RIBnet supporter

Quote:

Very descriptive story of events Kathleen.

I slept very well

No I quite distinctly remember Jimbo saying he was not sworn to secrecy
Old 24 April 2007, 22:25   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy View Post
No I quite distinctly remember Jimbo saying he was not sworn to secrecy
Well, someone had to name, name's. Poor old Jimbo, in the Kazi again

Looks Slow but is Fast
Old 25 April 2007, 10:45   #50

Town: Bembridge
Boat name: Mellow Yellow
Make: Scorpion Pioneer
Engine: Outboards Twin 250's
MMSI: 235024352
Without wishing to appear to thick, and not wanting to read the whole thread all over again, no where did I note, a time or there abouts, first it was a day event, then possibly a sundowner, or where, except a possible for the lightship, but Wotton and other venues were mentioned. If the final arrangements were made by PM's, that fine, as I didn't put name forward, as a possible, because of work commitments. It might be helpful if more information was posted on the thread. Sorry to be so grumpy, had an oil leak anyway so would have been unable to join you, "glad you all had a good time".
Old 25 April 2007, 12:11   #51

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Martin, I think the problem was nobody actually organised it, we will have a quiet chat with them at the next Church.

This is a little story about four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.

There was an important job to be done and Everybody was sure that Somebody would do it.

Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.

Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job.

Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody wouldn't do it.

It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done
Old 25 April 2007, 12:39   #52

Make: HumberOceanOffshore
Length: 8m +
Engine: Volvo KAD300/DPX
Old 25 April 2007, 13:24   #53
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Humphray View Post
Without wishing to appear to thick, and not wanting to read the whole thread all over again, no where did I note, a time or there abouts, first it was a day event, then possibly a sundowner, or where, except a possible for the lightship, but Wotton and other venues were mentioned. If the final arrangements were made by PM's, that fine, as I didn't put name forward, as a possible, because of work commitments. It might be helpful if more information was posted on the thread. Sorry to be so grumpy, had an oil leak anyway so would have been unable to join you, "glad you all had a good time".
Hi

I agree there was a lack of organisation, it was only the crew on my rib that actually went and Paul & Kathleen ended up taking Merlin out last minute, also we are all based in/near Port Solent and seeing as nobody else had really responded we just took it upon ourselves to go down to the Lightship for a jar or two. Jimbo just happened to see my rib moored outside the lightship so popped in.

Anyway next time I will try to organise things better, just this time seemed to be a lot of uncertain Yes's/No's as to who could make it, and everyone who had show an interest in this thread had either dropped out or gone on my rib even had 3 drop out from coming on my rib last minute.

TimM - Last minute commitment
Ageing Youth - Last minute work commitment
Pete7 - Electrical issue
Tcwozere - Last minute work commitment
rickuk3 - Trailer problem
Nasher - was being entertained by a Hungarian lady and her Croatian friend!

Take care

Richard
Old 25 April 2007, 15:23   #54

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
I had a nice time thanks with the aforementioned ladies.

That evening we were eating dinner on the roof terrace of a VERY nice hotel in Cannes watching the Billionaires skippers cocking up the mooring of the big motor boats ready for the film festival.

Nasher
Old 25 April 2007, 17:11   #55

Quote:

One Lady seems to organize everything for us Solenteers (she was away untill the last min), and us guys are useless at sorting things out

Keep reading the Cruise section Martin as I'm sure it won't be too long till we're heading in your direction again.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Old 25 April 2007, 21:14   #56
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
One Lady seems to organize everything for us Solenteers (she was away untill the last min), and us guys are useless at sorting things out

Keep reading the Cruise section Martin as I'm sure it won't be too long till we're heading in your direction again.
Exactly, and a mighty fine job she does too.
Old 25 April 2007, 21:25   #57

Jerusalem!!!

Quote:
Sorry to be so grumpy, had an oil leak anyway so would have been unable to join you, "glad you all had a good time".
(Cheers Andy ! & Rich!!! )

Martin, apologies. Usually when we try to call a cruise we try to update the thread frequently. This time we were abroad and delayed for a week extra unexpectedly(will update you over a beverage one day!!!) & without our normal internet access.

(It was posted initially as a sundowner cruise (see title) as many peeps would have been at work during the day.)

As it turned out we belted back from Northern Spain in time for work on the Monday and quickly checked with the local ribsteros by 'phone as we were aware it wouldn't be possible to do a major spin on a Monday evening. (Needless to say pms were also impossible.)

It may be the first St. George's Blast for this unique and extremely popular 'online community' (latest jargon apparently!) but now that an inaugural attempt has been made it should be an annual effort!!! It was a lot of fun as it turned out.

Please note especially the Priory Bay Picnic and we shall be pm'ing you & Stephanie about deals on accommodation! Look forward to catching up with ye soon,

Regards,
The recently much-travelled Jackeens! (But not having as nice a time as Nasher!!!)

aka Kathleen & Paul