Old 18 February 2008, 15:49   #1

Town: Towcester
Boat name: TBA
Make: Delta
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 175
Springtime in Scotland - Friday 4 to Sunday 5 April 2008

Those Scotland Winter 2008 threads need re-generating as we move into Spring.
So Bryn and myself are back up for some cruising in the Clyde or if the weather OK maybe further afield.....So baring lifeboat stations being closed lets get out there with you guys (and girls?). Craig C, Russel, Bigmuz7, Amber1 Andy Gee and JIY and all.
New boat will need 20Hours putting on over three days. Then back to Redbay on the Monday for the first service/any obvious niggles.

So lets plan something - go

Old 19 February 2008, 17:27   #2

Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
Good to hear your new boat is on the way, hope you are all keeping well.

I was out a week past on Sunday at Tighnabruiach, and got the first of the spring sunshine, and flat seas...great

I would definitely be up for going out on the water that weekend.

Hopefully the sun will shine.....50/50 chance up here!

Look forward to meeting with you again hopefully, and to seeing the boat!!

Old 19 February 2008, 17:35   #3

Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
I should be starting my build once the major components all arrive in the next 5 weeks, once built and run in I will also be looking for cruises to go on off the West coast, Clyde and occasionally Forth areas.
We will need to get some meets planned for the summer, I am certainly moving over to mostly cruising from mostly diving as the main use of mine and company is always good.
29 days to go to my hull being ready for pick up and counting................
Old 19 February 2008, 17:45   #4

Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 60hp
Should try to get a trip organised out from Gallanach to Mull, or down to Scarba during the summer...
Old 19 February 2008, 18:06   #5

A really good run is out to Eigg and Canna from Ardnamuchan. It is a bit of a trek out there even from here but its only around a 30-40 min run in the boat and its a cracking place to run out to in the sunshine.
A run out to the monastery on the garvellachs is a nice picnic spot as well.
I can get down to Dunoon and pop across the river to meet up with any Glasgow contingent, good slip on the sea front with parking near the western ferries pier.
Plans are progressing including the proposed run up the Clyde to Glasgow City Centre.........
Old 20 February 2008, 00:00   #6

Town: Oban (mostly)
Make: Ribcraft, Humber,BWM
Engine: Outboards
Send a message via Skype™ to SeaSkills
Looking further ahead, we're planning a trip on the Forth (from Elie) on Sunday 1st June to support the launch this year of the new powerboat and PWC section of the sailing club there. More details to follow, but if you're able to come along - try and keep the date free.
Tel; 07525 012 013
SeaSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 February 2008, 08:42   #7

Town: South West Scotland
Boat name: Blue Ribbin
Make: Humber
Engine: Mariner 75
Bruce B and Amber 1

Sounds like a plan coming together!

Clyde trip - yes, just need to sort out safe launching - Largs is a bit far, and the Esso pump at Port Glasgow wont reach the RIB.

Mull. . . . . hmmm, nice. I had that in mind for the last two years but last years trip in April with the Redbay Boys, Craohb Haven - Scarba - Ardfern (well mostly on me own - didnt have the petrol to follow those guys!) was superb.

Must do something of that ilk too. So anything from Oban let me know (They have Petrol there dontchaknow!)

Cheers - heres hoping

Blue Ribbin (Geddit?)
Old 20 February 2008, 12:26   #8

Theres a slip near the ferry terminal in Gourock or Greenock (can't remember which) down a back street which is fine. I think it may be called Smiths dock but don't quote me as I haven't launched there for some time.
I would probably launch for any trip on the clyde north of Arran from the slips round Dunoon and motor over as it not worth the extra hour or two to get round to the east bank by car.
Plans being made as we speak. Some cracking runs that aren't too long if you don't mind making a weekend of it and towing a bit...
Old 21 February 2008, 05:02   #9
K&S

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Riberty
Make: xs 650
Engine: suzuki 175
MMSI: 235063328
Clyde trip - yes, just need to sort out safe launching - Largs is a bit far, and the Esso pump at Port Glasgow wont reach the RIB.

lol i know what you mean there is now a tesco further along the road which is much easier to use and last time we were there the petrol was cheaper and the breakfast we had in the cafe set us up for the day

Must do something of that ilk too. So anything from Oban let me know (They have Petrol there dontchaknow!)

We sailed up to Oban last year in our Hardy Pilot from Dunoon. Great run but the refuel at Oban was a pain. Had to lug 5 jerry cans on a sack trolley up onto the pier then all the way to Tesco and back - no doubt youll tell me there is a petrol station closer. This year any trips we do from oban we will trail the boat up as it took best part of a week to get through the Crinan canal and back which left us little time to explore around mull etc.

Would love to get out to Staffa has been an ambition of mine for years so fingers crossed for this summer.

Our boat is now broken in and booked for first service, awaiting new prop and eager to get out as much as poss this summer. Look forward to seeing how this thread develops.

Must be getting pretty excited Bruce i know we were when waiting for our boat to be ready.
Old 31 March 2008, 16:08   #10

Town: Towcester
Boat name: TBA
Make: Delta
Engine: Suzuki 175
Flights booked

Hi
Flights booked now arriving Redbay Thursday 3rd.
Hope to be away with fully completed boat sometime Saturday. Destination West Coast or Clyde.

With weather still too far off to be sure we will update on our plans on Friday (4th) then we can then see who may be out to join us. If you are interested in seeing what we can arrange the PM me your mobile number, as I may have limited computer access from then on.

Paul