Old 19 April 2006, 13:25   #71

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
WTF !!! - who's having a go at who here

Andre - Everything was jolly and light hearted here in this thread until you turned up. Please kindly leave picking fights with ribnet members to threads you have started yourself - I am genuinely trying to organise a trip here in this thread - last thing I want is for it to degenerate into a load of childish bickering. If you want to slag someone off - send a PM - It is hard enough getting the cornish ribbing community together to do anything as it is without them having to pick out the usefull info from within a great pile of crap posts.

Lukasz - in the extremely unlikely event that you took what was send as offensive - that was not how it was meant - and you would have been more than welcome to a lift if I was passing.

Thankyou.

roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2006, 14:48   #72
Trade member

Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse
WTF !!! - who's having a go at who here

Andre - Everything was jolly and light hearted here in this thread until you turned up. Please kindly leave picking fights with ribnet members to threads you have started yourself - I am genuinely trying to organise a trip here in this thread - last thing I want is for it to degenerate into a load of childish bickering. If you want to slag someone off - send a PM - It is hard enough getting the cornish ribbing community together to do anything as it is without them having to pick out the usefull info from within a great pile of crap posts.

Lukasz - in the extremely unlikely event that you took what was send as offensive - that was not how it was meant - and you would have been more than welcome to a lift if I was passing.

Thankyou.
Roycruse, I think you have missunderstood my post. I am most pleased that you are coming to Ribex and you all will be welcome on board any of our ribs and offered a ride. In all my years as a ribnet member I have never as you call it "slagged anybody off" and I have no intention to start such here. We all have our names so lets stick to them. Won't you agree.

I will say no more on this subject and perhaps JK may even delete all from Lukasz's first post and he can then start a new thread without gate crashing anyone elses
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2006, 15:30   #73

OK then - but where I come from, using the phrase - "Don't call me mate" or similar after being referred to as such is a round about way of saying "f**k you I wouldn't associate my self with you if you were the last..." etc etc etc...

Perhaps your grasp of English euphemisms is not all that hot - I don't know ???

What boats are you going to have at RIBEX. I wasn't really coming for free rib rides but I could be persuaded - having only bought a new boat 6 months ago - I'm not really in the market for a new one for the next few years.
Old 19 April 2006, 15:47   #74
Trade member

RIBase
Quote:
OK then - but where I come from, using the phrase - "Don't call me mate" or similar after being referred to as such is a round about way of saying "f**k you I wouldn't associate my self with you if you were the last..." etc etc etc...

Perhaps your grasp of English euphemisms is not all that hot - I don't know ???

What boats are you going to have at RIBEX. I wasn't really coming for free rib rides but I could be persuaded - having only bought a new boat 6 months ago - I'm not really in the market for a new one for the next few years.

Sorry Roycruse but you have got the wrong end of the stick. I very much regret butting into your thread as not expected such reception. As for our ribs at Ribex I will shortly start a thread and will make a special mention for the South West Ribsters . You and your party will not be dissapointed I can promise you that and it is not important to me whether or not you are in the market for a rib.

Going to Ribex means also having a great time, putting a face to name ect, ect. Lets only hope the weather is good
Old 19 April 2006, 16:07   #75

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
wow bit of excitement there in the thread.......

I have met mollers and Andre and both are perfect gentlemen in the flesh so i am sure you will all get on fine...

anyway back on track, looking forward to meeting the sw boys and girls.
Roy.....is mollers driving his boat up to the ribex show, i was under the impression he might be but not sure.

anyway looking forward to seeing yawl soon

cheers matey
Old 19 April 2006, 16:53   #76

At the moment it looks like I am the only boat coming up.

Everyone else has gone off the idea or has other commitments.

I will be trying to put a few extra crew in my boat - but if it comes down to it I will be making yet another South West ribsters cruise alone (with my two kids as crew of course).

I'm hoping for a few last minute flurries of enthusiasm.

Andre - we will put this misunderstanding down to the fact that intonation and emphasis is missing on the internet and we were all actually happy and polite in our heads as we typed Ill look forward to taking one of your boats out for a thrashing then...
Old 20 April 2006, 00:59   #77

Town: friesland
Boat name: smokkelaer
Make: revenger
Length: 7m +
Engine: 225 Optimax
Quote:
At the moment it looks like I am the only boat coming up.

Everyone else has gone off the idea or has other commitments.
Then.....you have forgotten about us.
Old 20 April 2006, 03:29   #78
Trade member

RIBase
Quote:

Andre - we will put this misunderstanding down to the fact that intonation and emphasis is missing on the internet and we were all actually happy and polite in our heads as we typed Ill look forward to taking one of your boats out for a thrashing then...
roycruse, could not agree more and look forward to meeting you at Ribex
Old 20 April 2006, 05:53   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny
Then.....you have forgotten about us.
Sorry Danny - I meant driving up from Cornwall. I was not including other people meeting us up there.
Old 20 April 2006, 06:11   #80

Town: Salcombe, Devon, UK
Boat name: BananaShark
Make: BananaShark
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2xYanmar 260 diesels
Just for the record - we'll be there as well with both boats - If anyone fancies doing over 70 mph in a RIB, then you'll be able to sign up and have a ride of a lifetime! Not to mention our leisure version, we'll be doing demos on that as well, by the way Andre and Roy - you're both very welcome!!

Cookee is offline   Reply With Quote