Old 21 May 2003, 09:55   #1

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
South East Ribsters

Hi All

There must be someone other than myself that lives on the south Kent coast that owns a rib ? if so why dont we all try and get together sometime soon and go for a run some where, we'll piss off some speed boaters and mow down a few jet skiers

Seriously if theres others around that would like to meet for a run i'd be up for some company sometime.

Richard
Old 21 May 2003, 23:43   #2

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Hi Richard,

There is myself in Margate and a chap called Michael from Herne Bay who i've been trying to arrange a get together for a some time now, but not quite made it!

There is also a good friend of mine who keeps a rather mean looking 7m Vector Vegabond RIB in ramsgate marina plus, i think, a Flatacraft Force 4 owner in Herne Bay who i posts here sometimes.

So where and when?

Is there a BIBOA or RIBnet Thames cruise this year? IF not maybe we should organise something informal from HerneBay?

Where do you usualy cruise...and when? Coming round here in a few weeks for the PB GP?

Cheers

Dan
Old 21 May 2003, 23:47   #3

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Yes there is! 12+13th July, and i can't make it, i'm sailing at Minnis Bay
Old 22 May 2003, 00:06   #4

Town: Devon. uk
Boat name: bananashark
Make: me
Length: 7m +
Engine: opti 225
Are you meaning the Ramsgate races? We'll be there with bananashark why not come over and say Hi.
Old 22 May 2003, 07:20   #5

Town: Whitstable
Boat name: Tango
Make: Avon and Narwhal2.4m
Length: 4m +
Engine: 60HP Yamaha
Hi Dan

Hi Dan

I'm actually in Whitstable so i use the Herne Bay slip way quite a bit, you may have herd about a rib getting run over by a run away speed boat a few weeks ago, that was actually me, seems everyone knows about it even people i've never met have come over and asked what happend that day.

I'm more than happy to meet any time down there and go for a cruise around the island or out to the faults or maybe over to essex for a beer, i'll be out on Monday morning as i'm taking a friend out for a run, he's not been on my boat yet so is eager to get wet, downside is its an early high tide which means we will probably be down there around 08:00
but its either this or sit in the pub talking boats all day, if yourself or anyone else reading is about your more than welcome to join us for a run.

Long term it would be good to organise meets more local to us, i've a friend that has a boat on the ster at sandwich and some other friends who live more inland and tow to the coast.

let me know

Richard