Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 27 October 2006, 07:02   #141
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
okay,

Thats still a few of us going. As Ian suggests Sunday looks better than Saturday. How flexible can we be. Does anyone have any idea what it will be like on Saturday with that level of wind, ie 15 mph coming from the South West and the tides we are expecting to meet, against Sundays forecast which is 10 MPH winds and coming from the North West. Sunday also looks like it might be drier as well.

I can make either day, but might be a bit under the weather Sunday morning. Also I might have a little trouble recovering the boat on Sunday as high tide is that bit later and Warsash and high tides are difficult.

I await a later forecast this evening and everyone elses thoughts that are attending.

Some other experience here would be appreciated.
__________________

__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 08:22   #142
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
I'll talk to the other half. We're at a party Saturday night, so will definitely be somewhat the worse for wear on Sunday, and don't know if we'll be up early enough to make it on time!
That said, Sunday is looking better, and would rather go in nicer weather.

Will update tonight also.
If we go Sunday, will probably launch from Warsash too, so we could help each other out with recovery Nick, as from past expereince, it's not the easiest of slips at near high tide.
__________________

__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 08:32   #143
Member
 
Pete7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,850
We can do either. On Saturday the choppy bit will be the Noodles to Poole and back as the waves will be on the beam so Viv will get another soaking as she picks up all the kit washed out of Nos's submarine, still at least you know were he is from the trail of floatsum

Pete
__________________
.
Ribnet is best viewed on a computer of some sort
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 09:19   #144
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Okay,

Have spoken to Nos4r2 on the telephone and he's pushing for Sunday to get better conditions.

Will 2000 hrs Friday night be okay to make a decision for one way or the other.

I would prefer smoother seas so as I can get some video footage.

With regards feeling the worse for wear we've got an extra hour in bed Sunday so that should take the edge off everything and if we're going to get smoother seas we could always RV half an hour later, because we'll make that up on the passage. If we go for the Sunday lets say meet at Cowes at 1100 hrs.
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 10:03   #145
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: peterborough
Boat name: kingfisher too
Make: avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: mercury40
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9
sunday suits me better too in terms of weather,will be launching from calshot
__________________
little joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 10:19   #146
RIBnet supporter
 
Ian M's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: New Milton
Boat name: Jianna
Make: Osprey
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 E-TEC
MMSI: 235076954
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,933
We can make either day. Friday 20.00 for decision is fine with me. Looking forward to it whatever day
__________________
Ian

Dust creation specialist
Ian M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 10:22   #147
RIBnet supporter
 
Ian M's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: New Milton
Boat name: Jianna
Make: Osprey
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200 E-TEC
MMSI: 235076954
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,933
I've done this particular trip once or twice, and we will definately have an easier time of it with northerly winds. However, for the adrenaline junkies.................
__________________
Ian

Dust creation specialist
Ian M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 10:55   #148
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
We can manage Sunday if it's looking better, 2000 to make decision should be OK.

Nick, I'll PM you my mobile, as could still be in traffic on M25 and might not have internet the other end. So could you text me the decision?

Cheers

Neil
__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 11:25   #149
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by little joe View Post
sunday suits me better too in terms of weather,will be launching from calshot
Welcome on board. See you off Cowes.

Nick.
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2006, 11:32   #150
Member
 
Andy Moore's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes, Isle of Wight
Boat name: TiLT 2
Make: Avon Adventure 620
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 135
MMSI: 235032203
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
So, how many are coming? I've lost track 3 times-hard day at work
We can't make it. Sorry.
__________________

__________________
Andy Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.