Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 06 May 2014, 03:54   #41
RIBnet supporter
 
C2 RIBS's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hants
Boat name: Gemineye
Make: Ribeye S850 charter
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp
MMSI: 235097445
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,029
Was a busy weekend, not the busiest though. I was thinking about returning to fuel barge as I forget wallet a few mins before I saw you so was not thinking straight. Knew you guys were out but distracted so did not use camera, sorry. It was only 200 quid that day!
__________________
Ian
Rib charter and Rib hire with www.c2ribs.co.uk
C2 RIBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 13:54   #42
Member
 
Simon666's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Burwash, East Sussex
Make: BWM Deepsea 21
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 225
Can i ask the chaps who launch as Warsash your opinion on the slip/parking?

I used the slip at the top of the Hamble near Bursledon Bridge for the first time on Sunday which was a bit of a disaster due the the gradient being so shallow and a heavy RIB on a bunked trailer, I had to dunk the car in, now i have a bent prop and the car has a poorly starter motor
I have walked around Warsash on a sunny day and it looked pretty rammed.

Do any of the yards along the Hamble operate a day launch/recovery service for sensible money?

Ta.
__________________

__________________
Simon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 13:57   #43
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon666 View Post
Can i ask the chaps who launch as Warsash your opinion on the slip/parking?

I used the slip at the top of the Hamble near Bursledon Bridge for the first time on Sunday which was a bit of a disaster due the the gradient being so shallow and a heavy RIB on a bunked trailer, I had to dunk the car in, now i have a bent prop and the car has a poorly starter motor
I have walked around Warsash on a sunny day and it looked pretty rammed.

Do any of the yards along the Hamble operate a day launch/recovery service for sensible money?

Ta.
Where do you keep your RIB? I only ask because there are better slipways to use than down the Hamble River.
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 14:26   #44
Member
 
Simon666's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Burwash, East Sussex
Make: BWM Deepsea 21
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 225
Hi.
I keep it at my mums near Botley.

I used to live in Portsmouth for many years where i used to launch at Lee on Solent and the one at the top of langstone ( i forget it's name)
__________________
Simon666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 15:29   #45
Member
 
Hightower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon666 View Post
Hi.
I keep it at my mums near Botley.

I used to live in Portsmouth for many years where i used to launch at Lee on Solent and the one at the top of langstone ( i forget it's name)
There's a slip by Itchen Bridge which might be better for you. I launch from Haslar which suits my needs, it's normally quiet and very sheltered, very easy one man launch and recovery

The only drawback is that it's gravel which means you might well have trouble in a FWD car.
__________________
Andy

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 15:58   #46
RIBnet supporter
 
C2 RIBS's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hants
Boat name: Gemineye
Make: Ribeye S850 charter
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp
MMSI: 235097445
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,029
Other options, include calshot, no place to moor up but good slip,
Hamble point marina , great slip access all tides, strong at springs, mooring on visitors pontoon, parking, but quite expensive and marina facilities, option of paying also for tractor I think(very pricey)
Hythe marina. Good slip not sure on price again no real pontoon to hold on
__________________
Ian
Rib charter and Rib hire with www.c2ribs.co.uk
C2 RIBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 16:11   #47
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: 'Mojo'
Make: Searider
Length: 4m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 398
My opinion on Warsash slip.


Also.....the long stay carpark(50m) from slip gets full early and has a 2.1m height restriction.

Much after 9am on a decent weekend....forget it...!

The short stay (effective from 1st April) has only a 4hrs max waiting limit, and doesn't have any height restrictions. This carpark is right next to the slip in front of the the pub.

You will need a rope to recover anything other than low tide, and it'll need to be 20m long.

Trailers have to be stored in the long stay car park, the official bays in the car park fill up quickly, but there is space on the grass verge on the left that you are encouraged to use.

There is a fee to use slip, about 7, but I don't see many people going to the Harbour master to pay....

I pay an annual fee, which gets me a lovely sticker, and they seem to be happy for me to use the visitors mooring (for free) for half n hour whilst I launch/recover the boat.
__________________
Wibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 16:15   #48
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: 'Mojo'
Make: Searider
Length: 4m +
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
My opinion on Warsash slip.


Also.....the long stay carpark(50m) from slip gets full early and has a 2.1m height restriction.

Much after 9am on a decent weekend....forget it...!

The short stay (effective from 1st April) has only a 4hrs max waiting limit, and doesn't have any height restrictions. This carpark is right next to the slip in front of the the pub.

You will need a rope to recover anything other than low tide, and it'll need to be 20m long.

Trailers have to be stored in the long stay car park, the official bays in the car park fill up quickly, but there is space on the grass verge on the left that you are encouraged to use.

There is a fee to use slip, about 7, but I don't see many people going to the Harbour master to pay....

I pay an annual fee, which gets me a lovely sticker, and they seem to be happy for me to use the visitors mooring (for free) for half n hour whilst I launch/recover the boat.
I really like Warsash, it suits my needs, but it does get busy when the conditions are nice.

Hamble point would be my other option if I had a larger boat.

I've also launched at Swanwick Marina, but it is a 40min trek up the Hamble to open water.
__________________
Wibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 16:23   #49
NSS
RIBnet supporter
 
NSS's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: cariboo too
Make: WB Generation 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
My opinion on Warsash slip.


Also.....the long stay carpark(50m) from slip gets full early and has a 2.1m height restriction.

Much after 9am on a decent weekend....forget it...!

The short stay (effective from 1st April) has only a 4hrs max waiting limit, and doesn't have any height restrictions. This carpark is right next to the slip in front of the the pub.

You will need a rope to recover anything other than low tide, and it'll need to be 20m long.

Trailers have to be stored in the long stay car park, the official bays in the car park fill up quickly, but there is space on the grass verge on the left that you are encouraged to use.

There is a fee to use slip, about 7, but I don't see many people going to the Harbour master to pay....

I pay an annual fee, which gets me a lovely sticker, and they seem to be happy for me to use the visitors mooring (for free) for half n hour whilst I launch/recover the boat.
Yep, I'm the only person I've ever seen paying the day launch fee (by the way it's 4 for my 4.3m RIB).

An alternative might be Eastlands Boatyard but it depends on what you call "reasonable" in the way of prices (see Eastlands Boat Yard) and it's probably a half hour plus run up the Hamble River at 6 knots before being able to open the taps.
__________________
NSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2014, 16:27   #50
NSS
RIBnet supporter
 
NSS's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: cariboo too
Make: WB Generation 430
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibs View Post
I know....never seen it like that before. Spooky.

Got some good footage of the conditions/cariboo too that I'm working my way through.

I'll send it over once it's finished.!

Hopefully catch you another time. I spent most the afternoon with Bingosucks up and down Southampton water 'boat testing'

Boys loved it.
Looking forward to seeing the footage

Yet to download and check mine so will let you know if the quality is acceptable (camera was vibrating quite a bit so may have to get a different mount).
__________________
NSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.