Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 February 2008, 14:12   #41
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucestershire
Boat name: Osprey
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: E-tec 300 G2
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky ribster View Post
i may be looking for a lift ??.

andy
Andy, if you can make it to Hythe you are welcome to a lift.

Chris
__________________

__________________
---------------------------------------------------
Chris Stevens

Born fiddler
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 03:57   #42
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Birmingham
Boat name: Darwin
Make: Ribeye 650 Sport
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150HP
MMSI: 235038283
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 183
Send a message via MSN to AndyB007
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky ribster View Post
i may be looking for a lift ??.

andy
Also have plenty of space if you fancy it - Ocean Quay Marina, Southampton

Andy
__________________

__________________
AndyB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 05:32   #43
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Boat name: Iolar Na Mara
Make: Brig
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury Ver 150
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB007 View Post
I suggest you post your proposed launch site and time and see if that fits in with anyone else.
Thanks Andy.. looks like I'm in then! I think I'll launch from Hythe around 10am... I've only got Google Earth to go so it looks ok but does anybody know if it's the norm to tie up at the entrance to the marina to allow walking back and parking the car? Otherwise I need to find a place easy to launch for one where I can get it in the water easily and also tie up to park.

Also, why is nobody launching at Calshot directly... something I should know?!

Anybody wishing to join up with me (don't worry, new to RIBS but not to the sea!) is more than welcome.

Rob.
__________________
grimesrfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 06:56   #44
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimesrfg View Post
Thanks Andy.. looks like I'm in then! I think I'll launch from Hythe around 10am... I've only got Google Earth to go so it looks ok but does anybody know if it's the norm to tie up at the entrance to the marina to allow walking back and parking the car? Otherwise I need to find a place easy to launch for one where I can get it in the water easily and also tie up to park.

Also, why is nobody launching at Calshot directly... something I should know?!

Anybody wishing to join up with me (don't worry, new to RIBS but not to the sea!) is more than welcome.

Rob.
I think I am right in saying nowhere to tie up at Calshot.

I also think Chris or someone recently said it is possible to tie up somewhere at Hythe to go sort trailer etc, but not directly by slip.
__________________
Neil Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 07:18   #45
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Hi Rob,

Looking forward to meeting up with you.

just got back myself from falling over on snow. Gonna sort the boat now and then pop back on RIBNET to see what the final plans are tonight.

I will be off calshot for 1030 hrs to meet up with AndyB007. I shall be leaving my house at 0900 hrs and arriving at Warsash at 0950 hrs if anyone wants to meet up. Then its a leisurely sort the boat and car out for the meet at 1030 hrs.

Looks like a decent weather forecast so I'm game for going anywhere (Within reason).

Nick.
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 09:21   #46
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: London
Boat name: Iolar Na Mara
Make: Brig
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury Ver 150
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
Hi Rob,

Looking forward to meeting up with you.

just got back myself from falling over on snow. Gonna sort the boat now and then pop back on RIBNET to see what the final plans are tonight.

I will be off calshot for 1030 hrs to meet up with AndyB007. I shall be leaving my house at 0900 hrs and arriving at Warsash at 0950 hrs if anyone wants to meet up. Then its a leisurely sort the boat and car out for the meet at 1030 hrs.

Looks like a decent weather forecast so I'm game for going anywhere (Within reason).

Nick.
Hi Nick, yes, looking forward to the day out! Which would you recommend Hythe or Warsash for launching... ? I'll be on my own and the slipway at Warsash doesn't seem very steep and thus the idea of launching at Hythe... driving wise it also seemed more straight forward to go to Hythe (coming from Twickenham), however, any advice would be much appreciated. Rob.
__________________
grimesrfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 11:09   #47
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimesrfg View Post
Hi Nick, yes, looking forward to the day out! Which would you recommend Hythe or Warsash for launching... ? I'll be on my own and the slipway at Warsash doesn't seem very steep and thus the idea of launching at Hythe... driving wise it also seemed more straight forward to go to Hythe (coming from Twickenham), however, any advice would be much appreciated. Rob.
Rob,

I've never done Hythe. If you use it any chance you can do a little write up for RIBNET.

As you say Warsash has its own problems. Shallow ramp being the worst bit. But it is managable with two people even if a bit of a struggle. Parking is good and the walkway to tie on to is handy.

As I said I would be interested in hearing about Hythe.

See you in the morning.

regards Nick.

We will as usual be on channel 77.
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 11:10   #48
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Moore View Post
How many boats are you up to???
Andy,

Approx 5 boats I count. Are you meeting up with us ?

Nick.
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 11:12   #49
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Is there a plan yet?

Chris
Anybody got any ideas before I decide on a route ?
__________________
http://www.xfire.com/download/
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2008, 11:22   #50
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Birmingham
Boat name: Darwin
Make: Ribeye 650 Sport
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150HP
MMSI: 235038283
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 183
Send a message via MSN to AndyB007
Rob,

I used to launch at Calshot and found it very easy. It's wide and steep enough to leave the trailer on the car (but then it was a company car!) but it only lapped at the rear wheels - guess this will depend on boat and trailer.

You CAN tie up on the jetty - it is discouraged as the jetty is supposedly off limits but plenty do it and I never had a problem there (but it has been two years since I used it so things might have changed).

As with most things in life I guess it'll be down to who's there on the day. It won't be busy on a Monday morning and the weather forecast isn't brilliant; overcast and blowing up later on. But then all you need is a 'jobsworth' who can make life difficult (and I have met one at Calshot!!).

I've launched solo at the little slipway in Hamble where it is very easy due to complete shelter from currents etc. and a good pontoon for mooring up. It's a bit tight to get to and parking is a bit of a pain (leaving car and trailer just up the hill).

See you tomorrow.

Andy
__________________

__________________
AndyB007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.