Old 21 September 2004, 10:29   #141

Town: London
Length: no boat
Richard B memory man

Richard, you have an amazing recall. Great pictures! Thanks for going to the trouble - very helpful to those of us of little brain.
Old 21 September 2004, 10:38   #142

Town: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by myndit

Weather was fine for me
Hey Doug, admit it, you came within an inch of getting thrown out! I was behind you. You were doing some great wave jumping.
Old 21 September 2004, 10:45   #143

Town: West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
Those nasty "little" waves caused use quite a few problems on the way to Ryde and has now made my mind up to install a deck mounted bilge pump.

Andy
Andy don't you have elephant trunks to drain the deck. When we got swamped it took only seconds for the two trunks to drain the deck. When out on the water you just keep them down all the time
Old 21 September 2004, 18:58   #144

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: RIBBIT
Make: bombard
Length: 5.3
Engine: suzuki 70 ob EFI
Thrown out

Rich L you must be mistaken...

I always adopt that position (legs higher than head) when checking the underside of the port tube.....

Did have to back off a bit after that minor incident though, glad it was just me in the boat.

Doug
Old 21 September 2004, 19:33   #145

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Yes Andre, I have one Elephants trunk but didn't clear the water fast enough for me. Have a very low transom that helps but had great difficulty even reaching planing speed during that part of my journey so the Trunk couldn't work that efficently. Was fun though and so far I've never been in a situation that I felt worried with, I'm sure that one will come, one day!

Andy
Old 21 September 2004, 20:00   #146

Town: West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower
Yes Andre, I have one Elephants trunk but didn't clear the water fast enough for me. Have a very low transom that helps but had great difficulty even reaching planing speed during that part of my journey so the Trunk couldn't work that efficently. Was fun though and so far I've never been in a situation that I felt worried with, I'm sure that one will come, one day!

Andy
You must keep the speed up for it to work efficiently.
Don't understand why some manufactures fit only one elephant trunk cos with two the deck will drain in no time. We even put two on our 510 model
Old 22 September 2004, 08:17   #147

Town: Reading
Make: None
Length: under 3m
Charity Donations

A big thank you to everyone who has already given a donation to GAFIRS (Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service), the charity chosen by John Kennett to benefit from the Treasure Hunt cruise.

If you haven't donated but would like to, you can either post a cheque to me at the address I have PMed you or you can send a cheque made out to 'GAFIRS' directly to the charity. Please PM me if you would like their address.

It would be helpful if you would add a note that you are donating because of the RIBnet Treasure Hunt so we will be able to arrive at a total amount raised from the cruise.

Once again, many thanks to you all for your support and generosity.

Here's to the next one!
Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 October 2004, 17:53   #148

Total Raised for Charity

A very big thank you to everyone who contributed to the charity. We have raised £117.93 to be given to the GAFIRS.

At the moment I am liaising with the charity regarding a visit to the Lifeboat Station to hand over the cheque. If any of you would be interested in attending, please post here or PM me. It will have to be on a Sunday.

Finally, it's not too late to donate. If you been meaning to, but haven't got around to it yet, now is the ideal time to put a cheque in the post. Please PM me if you need further details.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH
Old 06 October 2004, 18:14   #149

Quiz Results

Don't worry - we haven't forgotten the quiz. Results will be announced soon and prizes awarded!
Old 07 November 2004, 12:18   #150

Town: New Forest
Boat name: Ouch! (T/T Timboli)
Make: Um - its blue.
Engine: Big grey one.
Not the Treasure Hunt - PRIZES!!!!

Following the success of 'Not the Treasure Hunt' the organisers have finally got off their backsides and sorted out the prizes....

First Prize - The Halliday Family. They get firstly a magnificent trophy - and as first prize winners are expected to get it engraved, mounted and ready for next years' treasure hunt... Additionally they get a big bottle of champagne, and a shark. Please pm Timboli your phone number for the prize and Portsmouth Aquarium for the shark.

Second Prize - DJL. Daniel and Dylan get a bottle of wine. Please pm Timboli with your phone number.

Third Prize - Richard L. Bottle of wine. Please pm Louise with your phone number.

Fourth - Nick Hearne. Stunning mystery prize... Please pm Louise with your phone number.

Fifth - Whiteshoes - see * below.

Sixth - SimmonsO. Mystery prize. Please pm Louise with your phone number.

Additional Prizes

Best Outfit - Goes to Whiteshoes for a magnificent effort. He gets a bottle of wine and a dolphin.

The boat that took the longest to launch - Neal. Mystery prize & wine. Please pm Louise your phone number..

Money Matters!!

In all we raised £117.93 for the GAFIRS and will be handing over a cheque in a couple of Sundays.
Old 22 March 2005, 21:35   #151

Trip to GAFIRS

We would like to invite all those who took part in the Solent Treasure Hunt last September to join us in a visit to GAFIRS (Gosport & Fareham Independent Rescue Service) on Sunday 3rd April at 11am. The main purpose of the visit is to hand over a cheque for £200 (the amount raised - thank you) but there will also be the opportunity to look around the facility and meet some of the members.

We hope some of you will join us. Please post here or PM me if you are intending to attend so I can let them know how many of us to expect.

I will post details of how to get there nearer the time. Hope to see you there!

P.S. I still have a few prizes to give out - this would be the ideal time to claim your prize!
Old 23 March 2005, 06:59   #152

Town: SOUTHAMPTON AREA
Boat name: none
Make: bombard sib
Length: 3m +
Engine: petrol 15/3.5
I,ll be there!
Old 23 March 2005, 08:47   #153
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on the 3rd, but please take some photos!

John
Old 23 March 2005, 19:52   #154

See you there Paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on the 3rd, but please take some photos!
That's a shame. I'll make sure we get lots of piccies!

Anyone else fancy coming?

P.S. If anyone fancies having a nose around even though they didn't make the treasure hunt, I'm sure GAFIRS wouldn't mind.
Old 08 April 2005, 23:45   #155

Town: Devon
Boat name: White Ice
Make: Ranieri
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 115hp
Photos of the visit now posted in the gallery, here: http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9385
Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote