Old 17 December 2006, 12:52   #261

Town: Leatherhead
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Halliday View Post
Andy. Its 1000 yards (QHM has not gone metric yet) from the shore is where Ribald will nick you for doing more than 10kts (given half a chance and a faster boat).
I'm thinking about asking QHM to get a Zapcat for just such a purpose.

TDH although the 10knt limit within 1000 yds of the shore applies to the whole of the Dockyard Port of Portsmouth [which, I am sure you all know the limits of!!!!!] I am not aware of anyone being nicked so far (although I stand to be corrected by anyone who knows better)

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.
Ribald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2006, 13:33   #262

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
I don't have a single picture of Nashers Revenge on the move so hope somebody will be able to put that right for me The Nashers.
Best I have found unfortnately, guess we will have to do it all over again, Cowes week looks good should be a quiet time up the Folly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 001a.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	23808  
Old 17 December 2006, 18:24   #263
Administrator

Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
< Edit: Moved the pictures to the gallery. JK >
Old 17 December 2006, 18:46   #264

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Kathleen & Paul, many thanks for organising such great event and the weather you must have friends up in high places

Nice to meet up with fellow ribnetters. The Santa suits were great

having said our goodbyes together with Lynx we headed towards the Neddles the sun was quite low and glowing directly into our eyes . Fantastic sunset. On the way back 49.5 knots (must now correct my spec page)

we all stayed the night (Bogi & Ata as well) in the Fountain Hotel and after breakfast some shopping and back to Northney Marine. A very enjoyable return

Lynx & Seahawk IV are now tucked away back at LAmpton awaiting Xmas and New Year cruises
Old 17 December 2006, 19:26   #265

Town: bicester, Oxford
Boat name: mach1
Make: avon SR5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90hp yamaha
Thanks everyone, enjoyed my day out that much i stayed over and did it all again sunday.

Well organised looking forward to the next one!

Ian McConnell
Old 17 December 2006, 20:37   #266

Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian mcconnell View Post
Im going to be lazy and not read the 150+ posts on here.

I plan to be there on sat am. where are we all meeting it sounds like we are staggering meeting points and times,

Can someone show all meeting points & times and where we are going??? I live up the A34 in Oxford (bicester) so any one else coming from here?

Thanks

Ian,

I must say the crew on my boat were astounded at the speeds you were achieving in Southampton water. For a boat that had just been put together the night before and had never been run in anger. It certainly flew. You were making me struggle.

So for anyone that is interested a SR 5.4 with Yam 90 2 stroke is fast..
Old 18 December 2006, 09:42   #267

Town: bicester, Oxford
Boat name: mach1
Make: avon SR5.4
Engine: 90hp yamaha
cheers biggles i managed 38.6 knots, with 40ltrs on board.

noticed next day i started to chinewalk at 35+ with almost empty tank. NEED BALLAST

great weekend!!
Old 18 December 2006, 10:32   #268

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
I would also like to thank everyone for a great cruise. Sorry we dashed off so quickly without saying goodbye to a lot of ppl but I was quite keen to head back to Portsmouth as we were towing the RIB back up to Norfolk that evening so I wanted to make an early start. Once again always nice to put some faces to names. Looking forward to a cruise in Jan some time!
Old 19 December 2006, 10:23   #269
ozz

Town: portsmouth
Boat name: bojangles
Make: scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: yanmar
In the same way, we had to get back sharpish so were shortly behind Tim.

Thanks to Paul and Kathleen for organising a great trip.

Benc - managed to clock you at 35Knots on the way back in the Zapcat. Sounds like it might need a little TLC to hit the 40.

Ozz
Old 19 December 2006, 11:04   #270

Town: Southampton
Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 V8
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozz View Post
Benc - managed to clock you at 35Knots on the way back in the Zapcat. Sounds like it might need a little TLC to hit the 40.

Ozz
Cheers Ozz!

Yeah it was our first day out in the zapcat, so didn't want to leave it too close to getting dark to leave incase we had problems!

Great to meet all you guys again, sorry to the people we didn't get time to say hello to.
Old 19 December 2006, 17:21   #271

Town: I.O.W/Switzerland
Boat name: HotShot
Make: shakey
Engine: 90hp Tohatsu TLDI
ah, so that was your zapcat ben? Tony Jones's old Navaho one. You going to race it?
Old 19 December 2006, 18:56   #272

Boat name: Aquaholic
Make: Ribeye
Length: 7m +
Engine: 250 V8
Send a message via Skype™ to benc
Nah, me and Gray borrowed it for the day.

But yeah, it is Tony Jones old one, we know the Atketts and they kindly let us borrow it!
Old 19 December 2006, 21:58   #273

Boat name: Jaws
Make: Gemini 4.2
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
MMSI: none
Send a message via MSN to Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimtim View Post
You going to race it?
Maybe not Navaho but .... anyone ever fancied sponsoring a Zapcat team? Offers welcome!

Saturday was so much fun on the Zapcat, best bit was spotting the Harbour Master and its wake or was it that we only used about £15 of fuel the whole day
Old 21 December 2006, 14:57   #274

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Twinkle twinkle...

Mighty Christmas Craic -ers!!!!

We had a great day out!
QHM was reasonably happy at the general air of merriment around Portsmouth Harbour as we gathered in a variety of craft. Aging Youth led the way and a little later ( looking not unlike Santa’s sleigh) Nautibuoy headed for Cowes having waited for the Wise Men from the East (Northney & Chi). The skies were blue as was the sea and the wind whistled through the branches of Nauti’s Christmas tree, which stayed firmly in place throughout the entire trip! Viv & Pete 7’s new craft leaned alarmingly as they stormed past with their family looking quite the hardboaters in sunnies & t-shirts. We steamed up the Medina not a bauble out of place in the glittering Christmas sunshine, atmospheric music blaring from the Nasher craft.

All ages gathered at The Folly and there was a relaxed and happy air as people caught up or met for the first time. Food and drink orders seemed to be proceeding smoothly and Ribald and Tim & Jane Griffin arrived from landward places to meet & greet the invasion

The student population was well represented and are up to all sorts of exciting and progressive things this year (some even planning for the Zapcat racing season 2007! You Know Who You Are Craig!). Another couple of intrepid zapcatters BenC & Gray joined the Southampton group of Ozz et al while DJL made nothing of the long haul from Poole. Charlie and Nina were really glad they’d joined in at the last minute and Ian Mc C asserted his tubes had stood the test! Tim M, Ju and Natalie were in good spirits! RIBnet Kaiser JK and AndyB007 joined in the festivities while Baron Andre from the East looked after his trusty international crew (Wiesia, Bogib & Adda). Great to see Wendy & Steve of the mightily friendly Littlehampton Ribsters, Milo72 & assorted crew peeps also.

The best indicators that it was a ‘good out’ (as JK put it) were the grins on the faces of the occasional boaters and of course, strictest judges of all; the children! Natasha (in charge of clan Halliday!), Ben, Chris, Susie, Andrew, Jerry’s three and Ian’s lad all looked extremely happy and delighted to see so many grown-ups had made an effort to wear silly hats & outfits not to mention the festively decorated boats.

There was a long queue to use Pete 7’s new toilet and cocktail bar and after lunch Tim & Jane counted us out as we headed off in blazing sunshine for the trip home. Not before a few photos were taken outside Cowes! (Somehow we seem to have a photo of Hightower & Biggles adopting unusual positions down the Medina???) Nos4r2 lived up to his self-confessed ‘petrol-head’ leanings as his hull spent most of the time in the air! The boats looked fab (great-looking boat that Viper Chris & Debs!) and all of a sudden the sun was setting and we turned for Portsmouth. Nav lights were supplemented by a string of blue Christmas lights on Nauti’s RIB as 4 (slightly sinister looking )Santas, and 4 assorted others hung on tight for a final blast. The Wise Men headed further east and we followed a star!!! Rickuk 3!!! into Portsmouth harbour.

We looked across at Pete 7 & crew and a force greater than gravity caused us to swing towards the Lightship!! NautiBuoy Sen x 2 & Ollyit were raising no objections!

Susie gazed at the changing colours of the Spinnaker Tower in delight as grown men had a few bevvies and queued up to sit on Santa’s (Lynn’s) knee

Thanks to all who turned out and made it a Christmas outing to remember. Thanks for kind messages and texts also, especially those which said you were home safe. Three other special texts on the day came from Amy (off ski-ing), gArf -lovely to hear from you! and best wishes from Whiteshoes in Australia.

Thank you to Richard and Sarah of Nautibuoy for having us aboard!
We’ve written a ‘thank-you’ card to Cheryl Greenwood at The Folly. Loved looking at everyone’s fantastic photos (great quality as usual Slimtim & yer mate Mike!). We will post ours on ‘Christmas Folly’ in the gallery as soon as we get home for Christmas.

Nollaig faoi shéan ‘is faoi shonas, merry and peaceful Christmas to all, Joyeux Noel and thank you for your wonderful company!

Kathleen & Paul
Old 21 December 2006, 15:57   #275

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Kath

Hi, any of those pictures come off Pauls camera yet?

Saw him snapping away as I went past and am hoping I'll finaly get a picture of Nashers Revenge on the move.

Nasher.
Old 21 December 2006, 17:36   #276

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
driving home for Christmas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasher View Post
Kath

Hi, any of those pictures come off Pauls camera yet?

Saw him snapping away as I went past and am hoping I'll finaly get a picture of Nashers Revenge on the move.

Nasher.
We should have some Nash!

We will post photos on the Christmas Folly thread in the gallery as soon as we've settled in for Christmas!

If Paul didn't get a great shot of Nasher's Revenge then we will have to have a special photo hopportunity in the New Year!

Kathleen & Paul