Old 08 June 2015, 17:16   #101

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
Yup.. looks like I will be meditating at the Garvellachs after all Poly.. early Sunday morning could well be flat calm

Friday is also looking good so I am heading for Taynuilt and Kellys Pier launch on Friday morning. A days fishing and exploring the loch is on the cards for me any anyone else who wishes to have a Friday meet

I’m meeting Kaman at the pier around 9am to 10 am..and anyone else is more than welcome. A1an..bmb779 ..still interested in Friday ? If you are and intend arriving later.. we wont be far ...so could arrange to meet at the pier if you post a rough expected time of arrival

I intend targeting a little ling for my evening dinner.. at Bonawe Quarry..10 mins from the pier

Also..myself and Kaman are thinking of wild camping on the loch side on the Friday night. We will get up early and be at Oban .. Ganavan Bay for the 10am meeting. I have retired the Tesco Value Tent and invested my pension lump sum in a Vango Banshee 300 tent. Here it is at the proposed camp place. Nice view huh ?

And of course a wild camp wont be the same without a fire..so I will have plenty wood too :-D

Anyone else interested in the Friday Loch Etive doo ..just step up and put your name in the submit post box
Old 08 June 2015, 17:23   #102

Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki df70a
MMSI: 235087492
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
I think that this sib gathering is going to be a great success for you guy's and will be talking a point for many a year to come . Have a great time everyone :thumbup:
Old 08 June 2015, 18:12   #103
RIBnet Supporter

Extra capacity?

Does anyone have a spare seat (or wear patch ) available for a surplus Irishman? He's very competent crew and good craic and we'd slip you a few gallons of motion lotion and a some (real) Guinness by way of material compensation.

Old 08 June 2015, 18:18   #104

I will sell my soul for a guinness..so plenty room in the good ship Gurnard Willk.. that is if you can listen to my drivel for the trip
Old 08 June 2015, 19:00   #105
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
I will sell my soul for a guinness..so plenty room in the good ship Gurnard Willk.. that is if you can listen to my drivel for the trip
Thanks muchly - I have a seat on Poly's yoke but a friend has asked about joining in the merriment. If you can spot him a space that would be very much appreciated - we can swap around when you get tired of one of us. Of course, his missus may yet ground him
Old 08 June 2015, 19:18   #106

No problem Willk..the more the merrier. It will be good craic.. dump the extra motion lotion..it might make me sea sick..but bring the Guinness.

I have never met you..so he can call himself Willk..and I wont know if its you or him.

If he can drive..he can take a turn so I can get my photos from up front. I will see you all at Ganavan Sands..on Saturday 10 am
Old 08 June 2015, 19:39   #107
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
No problem Willk..the more the merrier. It will be good craic.. dump the extra motion lotion..it might make me sea sick..but bring the Guinness.

I have never met you..so he can call himself Willk..and I wont know if its you or him.

If he can drive..he can take a turn so I can get my photos from up front. I will see you all at Ganavan Sands..on Saturday 10 am
Oh yeah, he can drive! I generally pass myself off as donegaldan at these things so I'll run with your plan
Old 08 June 2015, 19:41   #108

I love it when a plan comes together!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1433792467347.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	105918  
Old 09 June 2015, 00:14   #109

Town: Winchburgh west Lothian
Boat name: Papa Bear V1
Make: Humber 5.3 Ataque
Length: 5m +
Engine: 40 Mercury four stro
RIBase
Due to having had operation on my spine I will not to able to attend at the weekend,and to add insult to injury I have developed gout in my big toe joints..
Old 10 June 2015, 19:30   #110

Town: Easdale
Make: Humber/Quinquari
Length: 10m +
Engine: Outboard
A view of Belnahua and The Garvellachs

i am currently sitting in the garden looking out at both. It is blue sky all around. I agree the local forecast is looking exceptional. I went past both islands today by boat. There is still some swell at belnahua but it was not such as to prevent landing and camping.
Couple of questions
I do not think I will be able to join you for the weekend but could slip out to belnahua Saturday night to meet up if that's ok with you all. Wife and I will come in her 3.4m Humber to keep to the theme.

Are you likely to swing by Easdale? Visiting the island would be easier for us as we hope to be busy. I can make sure there is space on the wall near the pub

Tony
Old 10 June 2015, 20:04   #111

That sounds fine to me Tony..and Im sure we will have a leg stretch in Easdale at some point..but Poly's the man the sets the course..of course..assuming all agree

And you are correct... At last.. I felt summer has hit Scotland today.. at least over the Costa Del Clyde.

To celebrate.. the Saltire was flying in the sky.. and I did a 64 mile round trip.. down a very fine Loch called Fyne.. round Inchmarnock and back again

I even dipped a toe in the crystal clear water..but although it looks more Mediterranean that grey Clyde..its still too cold for me to swim in.

I needed to get my sea legs ready for the Scottish SIB meet..make sure everything worked ... and I hope these tropical photos ..put you in the mood for the weekend guys

Old 10 June 2015, 21:18   #112

Town: Inverness area
Make: Honwave
Engine: Honda 20hp
Stunning and excited for the weekend!
Old 10 June 2015, 21:52   #113
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Tony, look forward to seeing you. call Imposter on ch 77 or dsc me using mmsi in my profile, and we will confirm where exactly we have ended up. Otherwise see you in the pub.

I am dealing with some last minute boat modifications but expect to announce firmer plans this time tomorrow...
Old 10 June 2015, 22:47   #114
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
I am dealing with some last minute boat modifications but expect to announce firmer plans this time tomorrow...
...a flikka masheen?
Old 11 June 2015, 05:09   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
...a flikka masheen?
Rumour has it he's been adding an ejector seat ala James Bond Movies...
Old 11 June 2015, 07:10   #116
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Additional guinness storage. Gurnard was worried he might not enough if two irishmen might be there!
Old 11 June 2015, 07:57   #117

No need to worry about me Poly...its only one night’s supply I require..and I have been busy refuelling from a camp the night before.. just make sure those Irish guys bring enough for themselves..I know from past experience..salt air can give the Irish a raging thirst.

Also..there is a major problem we forgot to warn about or take into consideration. My brother and mates may look like adverts of the Lomo family ..but today they are fine...on Loch Fyne..

On the other hand..my face today looks like a pavement pizza after a night on the tiles. I wore a baseball cap and my ears.. cheeks.. and nose are brighter that a glass of Willk cider with sun tan. But my baldy scalp looks like a bottle of milk.

If you have wide brimmed hats.. bring them. Also..the midges are out now..so perhaps a head net or at least some midge repellent is worth bringing
Old 11 June 2015, 08:39   #118
RIBnet Supporter

Yeah - the sun is back with a vengeance - got my pasty face scorched on the water yesterday too!

The other Paddy is looking unlikely - bit of a flap at work so we'll see what happens....
Old 11 June 2015, 09:20   #119

Sorry guys..last minute change of plans...

With the weather so good today Kaman and myself cant wait until tomorrow to head for Loch Etive.. so we have decided to head up today and wild camp there until Saturday morning ..when we will meet you all at Ganavan bay ..as planned.

So the other unexpected requirement.. bring a clothes peg.. I may smell like an old fisherman.. by the time I get to Belnahua. Hope you guys working in offices can feel sorry of the self inflicted punishment Im going through ... by wild camping for almost a week now

Old 11 June 2015, 09:59   #120

Town: Wild West
Boat name: No Boat
Make: No Boat
Length: under 3m
Send a message via AIM to Maximus
Quote:
Sorry guys..last minute change of plans...

With the weather so good today Kaman and myself cant wait until tomorrow to head for Loch Etive.. so we have decided to head up today and wild camp there until Saturday morning ..when we will meet you all at Ganavan bay ..as planned.

So the other unexpected requirement.. bring a clothes peg.. I may smell like an old fisherman.. by the time I get to Belnahua. Hope you guys working in offices can feel sorry of the self inflicted punishment Im going through ... by wild camping for almost a week now

Way to Go MR G!!

The Road to HELL ..is Paved with "Good inventions!"
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote