Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 December 2005, 06:18   #91
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Mine is gased up from being put to bed. I'm going to bring it back to the house for prepping at the weekend. We should be getting some idea of weather patterns for the next ten days by now Roy.
__________________

__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2005, 06:39   #92
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
Looking at the weather charts for Friday 23rd I'm very tempted to take the day off and catch up on my work on Saturday instead.

Can anyone else do the Friday or do we all have work commitments.

Although when they publish forecast for Saturday (Christmas eve) tomorrow we may find that high pressure might linger over us for a little bit longer.

If we miss that high pressure - I don't like the look of whats out over the Atlantic as giving us much of a chance...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	atlanticpressureday5.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	16492  
__________________

roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2005, 06:49   #93
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Hi all
I'm pretty much committed (leave it Mollers!) up to and including the 27th, pity cause the weathers brill now! I will fuel up etc. just in case.
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2005, 09:35   #94
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Hayle, Kernow
Boat name: Spare RIB
Make: Narwhal
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Yam Outboard
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 642
Iíve got to work this week, and have a Hospital appointment on the 28th

Valid for Valid for Sat 24 Dec 2005 to Mon 02 Jan 2006

The indications are that there will be a good deal of dry, settled weather across the country during the period as an area of high pressure becomes established, although a fair amount of cloud also seems likely. Initially the high pressure is expected to be positioned to the north of the UK, perhaps allowing a few rain showers to affect some eastern areas. Later in the period, however, it may well be western or northwestern areas that have the greatest chance of any rain. Under these generally quiet conditions areas of mist and fog are also likely. Temperatures should gradually become colder through the period with an increasing chance of frost and some patches of freezing fog.

Need to keep an eye on that low West Atlantic could scupper all our plans.

Shaggy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	16493   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	16494   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	16495   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	16496   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	16497  

__________________
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2005, 10:07   #95
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow
Hi all
I'm pretty much committed (leave it Mollers!) up to and including the 27th, pity cause the weathers brill now! I will fuel up etc. just in case.
I see, the medication wont kick in until the 27th, then you'll be free to leave. I've just gotton back from a walk around Trelissick, Carrick Roads looked stunning. Like a sheet of glass. I can do Friday, but I'd rather hang on until we're all free, weather permitting.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2005, 12:28   #96
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
Acording to these guys http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/...de=Lands%20End we should be alright to go up until thursday. Friday wind is picking up and saturday / sunday rain and possibly snow.

The more the merrier on this trip but if the weather looks like it might turn - I'm going with who ever is available, on whatever looks like the best day.

I must remind you all though that the tides are going to be real shit for launching mid - end of the week so get ready to be wading those boats out through the channel in the harbour.

Is anybody up for going christmas eve. It could be a winner.
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2005, 17:19   #97
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Hayle, Kernow
Boat name: Spare RIB
Make: Narwhal
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Yam Outboard
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 642
Roy/Mollers
Im OK for 24, 26, 27, 29-31, 2

Would be good to make the trip with ya, up to you skip..

Shaggy
__________________
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2005, 15:24   #98
Member
 
randski's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Make: Waveline
Length: under 3m
Engine: Yamaha 2.5
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse
Is anybody up for going christmas eve. It could be a winner.
Maybe up for Christmas eve Roy, or the 26th, after that will have trouble juggling work.
__________________
randski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2005, 06:48   #99
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Length: 5m +
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,280
Looking at the weather on Met Check - I think we can do this trip any time between Boxing Day and Friday 30th.

From my perspective Thursday 29th looks like the best day because :-

1. I can get baby sitters for my kids that day.
2. My crew prefer that day.
3. Metcheck says we got very light westerlies and no rain that day (but only 1 deg C air temp brrrr!!!).
4. mollulnan, shaggy and kernow are free that day (hopefully so is randski).

Monday 26th is backup day if by Sunday the long range forecast has changed such that Thursday no longer looks viable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	googleearth.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	16514  
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2005, 07:38   #100
Member
 
randski's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Make: Waveline
Length: under 3m
Engine: Yamaha 2.5
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by roycruse

From my perspective Thursday 29th looks like the best day
Roy, if we are going to go for Thursday 29th, I will try and rearrange my diary.
__________________

__________________
randski is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.