Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 17 January 2014, 07:00   #61
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Redbond View Post
It was our idea to run two 8.0 m's on the trip (10 passengers on each) and donate 100% of the fees for all places filled, as well as 'pass a bucket around' on the day. Does anyone have any problem with that ?
That is a fantastic idea
__________________

__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 07:21   #62
Member
 
steco1958's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Redbond View Post
It was our idea to run two 8.0 m's on the trip (10 passengers on each) and donate 100% of the fees for all places filled, as well as 'pass a bucket around' on the day. Does anyone have any problem with that ?
Kevin,

Just a warning, insurance !!!!! If you are hiring out seats for gain or payment you need the correct tickets to operate and the correct insurance

Steve

Not trying to piss on you parade just pointing out no matter what the good cause is, if anything untoward happens you need to CYA
__________________

__________________
A bad day on the boat is better than the best day at work.
https://www.justgiving.com/RIOW2016
https://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Nash8
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 08:17   #63
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by steco1958 View Post
Kevin,

Just a warning, insurance !!!!! If you are hiring out seats for gain or payment you need the correct tickets to operate and the correct insurance

Steve

Not trying to piss on you parade just pointing out no matter what the good cause is, if anything untoward happens you need to CYA
OK, but if he lets 10 people on his rib for free and they all donate 50 each direct to our Justgiving page does he still need the above?
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 08:35   #64
Member
 
ashbypower's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Salisbury/Poole
Boat name: Blue C
Make: XS 600
Length: 6m +
Engine: 125hp Opti
MMSI: 235082826/235909566
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,439
All being well we'll be on this one !!
__________________
Brian C
Harbour Sea School & APS Marine Centre
ashbypower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 08:45   #65
Member
 
HughN's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Littlehampton, W Sx
Length: no boat
MMSI: 235101591
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Redbond View Post
...as well as 'pass a bucket around' on the day.
What's wrong with being sick over the side like anyone else?
__________________
"Can ye model it? For if ye can, ye understand it, and if ye canna, ye dinna!" - Lord kelvin
HughN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 09:02   #66
Member
 
Low Flyer's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Cinsirrah III
Make: Oceans
Length: 8m +
Engine: Twin D3 160 Diesels
MMSI: 235089712
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by HughN View Post
What's wrong with being sick over the side like anyone else?
Depends who is behind. Sick goes a long way at 45 knots.
__________________
Low Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 10:32   #67
Member
 
steco1958's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
OK, but if he lets 10 people on his rib for free and they all donate 50 each direct to our Justgiving page does he still need the above?
As long as he is not getting paid, and the is no exchange of benefit of any kind to him should be ok

Steve
__________________
A bad day on the boat is better than the best day at work.
https://www.justgiving.com/RIOW2016
https://www.justgiving.com/Richard-Nash8
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 10:46   #68
Member
 
Country: Other
Length: no boat
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 463
Whisper I would really like to come if I can get back. I am at a regatta in Italy which finishes supposedly on the Saturday. If I can get flights back easily I will be there. Trouble is I want to be with the Scooby Team! Can't I go as their support vessel?
__________________
- "No matter how big the sea may be, sometimes two ships meet".
indaba1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 12:16   #69
Member
 
xs 400's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: yeovil
Boat name: Lilly of lyme
Make: XS
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp Yamaha
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 631
Quote:
Originally Posted by indaba1991 View Post
Whisper I would really like to come if I can get back. I am at a regatta in Italy which finishes supposedly on the Saturday. If I can get flights back easily I will be there. Trouble is I want to be with the Scooby Team! Can't I go as their support vessel?
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE
__________________
29/6/2014 Small rib Isle of Wight
Team Scooby's mission statement " to raise funds for Macmillan, to get round, be safe, have fun, support each other (no one gets left behind!)
xs 400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2014, 12:17   #70
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by steco1958 View Post

As long as he is not getting paid, and the is no exchange of benefit of any kind to him should be ok

Steve
I'm sure they are coded boats and skippers....
__________________

__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.