Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 10 February 2014, 15:16   #171
Member
 
Barrowboy's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,161
RIBase
Okey, dokey, looks like myself and the Leader of the Opposition will be able to make it down to join you.

She's presently looking for some suitable accommodation for the Friday - Sunday but if any of you fellow nobburs can recommend anywhere within striking distance of Calshot, she'd be delighted to to receive appropriate guidance!
__________________

__________________
Barrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2014, 15:28   #172
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Okey, dokey, looks like myself and the Leader of the Opposition will be able to make it down to join you.

She's presently looking for some suitable accommodation for the Friday - Sunday but if any of you fellow nobburs can recommend anywhere within striking distance of Calshot, she'd be delighted to to receive appropriate guidance!
To be honest I would be very tempted to Launch at Calshot and stay on the island in Cowes, The Anchor is very good. Or rent BIffer's house on the Island as that is excellent

However if you want to come out for a curry with us on the Sat then there is a B&B near by that my sister in law stayed in once and said it was ok b&b Fawley cheap bed and breakfast guest house near Marchwood New Forest > A superb guest house near Beaulieu Motor Show, Exbury, Hythe, Marchwood & Southampton.

We also get free camping at the folly inn
__________________

__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2014, 15:33   #173
Member
 
Barrowboy's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,161
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
To be honest I would be very tempted to Launch at Calshot and stay on the island in Cowes, The Anchor is very good. Or rent BIffer's house on the Island as that is excellent

However if you want to come out for a curry with us on the Sat then there is a B&B near by that my sister in law stayed in once and said it was ok b&b Fawley cheap bed and breakfast guest house near Marchwood New Forest > A superb guest house near Beaulieu Motor Show, Exbury, Hythe, Marchwood & Southampton.

We also get free camping at the folly inn
The curry's an absolute requirement!
__________________
Barrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2014, 15:40   #174
RIBnet supporter
 
nugent's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bromsgrove
Boat name: Kick-Ass !
Make: PAC/Artic 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: 250hp Yamaha
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post

The curry's an absolute requirement!
I will most defo be up for a curry. ,,, travelling down sat am, leaving mon am
__________________

MY BIGGEST WORRY IS THAT MY WIFE(WHEN I"M DEAD)WILL SELL MY TOY'S FOR WHAT I SAID I PAID FOR THEM.
nugent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2014, 16:11   #175
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
The curry's an absolute requirement!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
I will most defo be up for a curry. ,,, travelling down sat am, leaving mon am
Nice one

It's quite a big place but it does get full with the locals at a weekend so probably best to book some thing now?

Here's their gallery Photos:

Aroma Restaurant Prices - For reservations call 023 8089 7755
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2014, 16:12   #176
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 8,020
Oh yeah, it doesn't serve alcohol so you have to bring your own which makes it a really cheap meal out

There is a CO-OP just up the road

But you can't bring in soft drinks, you have to order them from the bar
__________________
whisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2014, 16:33   #177
Member
 
chris.moody's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Daventry & Beaulieu
Boat name: Tigga2
Make: Ribcraft 4.8
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
MMSI: 235900806
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 984
RIBase
I'll be out in Tigga on the Saturday and I'm definitely up for a curry on the Sat evening
__________________
--
Chris Moody
Rib Tigga2 a Ribcraft 4.8 with a Honda BF50
chris.moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 February 2014, 17:02   #178
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Dorset & Hants
Boat name: Streaker/Orange
Make: Avon/Ribcraft
Length: 4m +
Engine: 50Yam/25 Mariner
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.moody View Post
I'll be out in Tigga on the Saturday and I'm definitely up for a curry on the Sat evening
If the weather's half decent..I might be to! :-)
__________________
PeterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 14:44   #179
Member
 
lakelandterrier's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Gloucester
Boat name: Lunasea
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzi 140
MMSI: 232005050
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Okey, dokey, looks like myself and the Leader of the Opposition will be able to make it down to join you.

She's presently looking for some suitable accommodation for the Friday - Sunday but if any of you fellow nobburs can recommend anywhere within striking distance of Calshot, she'd be delighted to to receive appropriate guidance!
PM sent
Now about the Sat night curry - that sounds like a plan as long as it's not a late one +4 of us
__________________
Member of the Macmillan Round the Isle of Wight Club
lakelandterrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2014, 15:18   #180
Member
 
Barrowboy's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,161
RIBase
Can one of you guys with local knowledge let me know what the craic is at Calshot slipway? I know I could look on Boatlaunch but when there's such a wealth of knowledge on here, it seems a waste not to tap it!

Is there anywhere local to Calshot to securely leave the boat overnight, for instance?
__________________

__________________
Barrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:47.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.