Old 10 September 2006, 17:52   #11
Town: Berkshire and Devon
Make: Lodestar
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mercury 5hp
Originally Posted by Biggles
Maybe thats why its so exciting. Compared to our health and safety conscious world on land.
Oh yes! We went across to Swanage with a number of children. A lot of the wet stuff that should stay outside the boat came in. The children loved it. The adults did too! It's probably illegal of course

Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2006, 17:56   #12
Town: Southampton
Boat name: Jaws
Make: Gemini 4.2
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
MMSI: none
Send a message via MSN to Gray
The tide isnt always that strong there, it was just because of the extra low tides. Must have been really bad if pushing the sponsons under the pontoon. Apart from that how is the new boat?

Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2006, 18:04   #13
Town: Oakley
Boat name: Zerstörer
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
MMSI: 235050131
New boat is fine.

Really needs to be driven at some speed on the open seas to make use of the deep V hull. unfortunately her indoors deosn't like high speeds. But she did enjoy going round Portsmouth Harbour at 9 Knots. Guess I need to buy a Cruise Liner for when I take the missus out and keep the RIB for me and the kids.

By the way Shamrock Quay was great, Lewis was on duty all the time we were there and although we stretched our overnight stay a little it was no problem.

And yet another problem reared its ugly head. The trailer brakes seized on. Took copious amounts of hammer bashing to free them off. Think I might have annoyed a couple of ladies enjoying an al fresco meal on their rather splendid Motor Cruiser. Guess I won't be leaving them on in future.
Biggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 September 2006, 04:24   #14
Town: Lee on the Solent
Boat name: Saintlee
Make: Leeway
Length: 6m +
Engine: Evinrude DI 115
The visitors pontoon at Shamrock is a pain in almost any tide because it sits square to the flow. You are better sticking a VHF call into the office and taking a regular finger pontoon, or leaving it on the outer long pontoon as it's normally then straight in or out (in forward or reverse) or a simple spring from the outer pontoon.

Worst mooring experience of my life as in on a spring ebb trying to get an Oyster 435 (about 13 tons) onto that bloody pontoon ready for a lift the next day.

Lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote