Well, weather and sea conditions had improved enough for Paul & Bryn, to head out on the next sector. It was not a comfortable ride, but got into Falmouth at 11am, to refuel (both boat & crew - the latter stocking up on baguettes & cakes from a local bakery, plus an ice cream treat and polo's for the journey.
The forecast was for the wind to increase over the afternoon, so Marikh and crew headed back out as soon as possible. The wind was roughly a Force 6, with heavy rain showers and steep seas around the Lizard - one certain little crew member found today a bit tough and probably is still having a bit of a sulk as we speak
They got into Penzance around 2.30pm and moored up on the quay. Whilst waiting for high tide, in order to get into the lock, both crew headed to the B&B to freshen up and relax. Then at 7.30pmish will move the boat into the lock before going for something to eat.
The chart plotter is virtually working now, but the 'little thingy' at the back at the boat that measures distance has gone on the blink - so you will have to work this one out for yourselves folks!!!!
Weather is looking a bit iffy for tomorrow - so may have to wait for a better weather window before attempting Lands End.
Apparently the difficulty is because both Penzance and Padstow (the next suitable stop) are locked, they have a tight schedule to ensure they get in in time. Once they have left Penzance they only have approx a hour to decide, if its too bad, to turn around and go back (before being locked out) or to press on. However, if they press on but it takes alot longer than expected, because of the rough weather, they risk not getting into Padstow! Thats what I have been told anyway.
So, I believe Paul is prepared to wait if necessary. Does anyone know what you can do with a 11yr old all day in Penzance (bearing in mind they are running out of films to watch at the cinema?
Well, I'd better get back to painting the kitchen.
H & D Signing off!