Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 07 April 2014, 10:15   #841
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Forecast:

15/4 to 30/4
Early in the period there could be quite a lot of dry and fine weather with daytime temperatures mostly above the mid April average. Later on a transition to more unsettled conditions with showers or longer spells of rain and close to average temperatures is possible
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2014, 15:41   #842
Member
 
ribdroid's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Cheshire
Boat name: Sophie Ann
Make: Brig
Length: 5m +
Engine: 90HP Suzuki outboard
MMSI: 235099044
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 26
RIBase
Friday afternoon saw the rib getting wet for the first time. Holyhead bay for two hours. Lumpy and cold - then the sun came out. Wash boat, shower, shorts on, G+T on the beach. Hope Easter Cruise weather is as nice!
__________________

__________________
Mmmmmmm chandlers.....
ribdroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 April 2014, 15:44   #843
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribdroid View Post
Friday afternoon saw the rib getting wet for the first time. Holyhead bay for two hours. Lumpy and cold - then the sun came out. Wash boat, shower, shorts on, G+T on the beach. Hope Easter Cruise weather is as nice!
Good work! Be interesting to see a Brig in the flesh on the water.
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2014, 09:22   #844
Member
 
The Blind Sailor's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: East Yorks
Make: Stingher
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp Merc Outboard
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 9
Hi all,

We've been following the thread since christmas, but unable to commit to dates until now.

If we'd still be accepted, we'd love to join in. We've had a boat for years, but mainly used for sport and leisure, this will be our first substantial cruise.

We'll be sure to PM or call Chris Ty Calch to check he still has capacity and travel over on the day.

Understand that we're probably too late to sign up for the buffet, but might just join you all for a drink anyway.

Boat is Stingher 800GT with 300 Merc.

Cheers,
Greg.
__________________
The Blind Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2014, 12:02   #845
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
WELCOME, and of course welcome to come on the cruise, open to all.

If you PM Chris he may be able to tinker a little with numbers on the buffet. Let him know too if you are intending for him to launch you.

Nice boat btw, that'll bomb round the island!!

PM Tim&Linda if you'd like a flag to fly as well. Only 10.
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2014, 13:29   #846
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blind Sailor View Post
Hi all,

We've been following the thread since christmas, but unable to commit to dates until now.

If we'd still be accepted, we'd love to join in. We've had a boat for years, but mainly used for sport and leisure, this will be our first substantial cruise.

We'll be sure to PM or call Chris Ty Calch to check he still has capacity and travel over on the day.

Understand that we're probably too late to sign up for the buffet, but might just join you all for a drink anyway.

Boat is Stingher 800GT with 300 Merc.

Cheers,
Greg.
Hi Greg,

I'm sure Chris Ty Calch will sort you out storage wise, probably at Phil's farm up the road, but best give him a call as he doesn't always get chance to check his pm's etc, busy busy

nice ribs Stinghers, I'm sure we've seen one knocking about the Straits over the last few seasons
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2014, 03:07   #847
Member
 
The Blind Sailor's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: East Yorks
Make: Stingher
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp Merc Outboard
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
Hi Greg, I'm sure Chris Ty Calch will sort you out storage wise, probably at Phil's farm up the road, but best give him a call as he doesn't always get chance to check his pm's etc, busy busy nice ribs Stinghers, I'm sure we've seen one knocking about the Straits over the last few seasons
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcomes. I spoke to Chris Seddon last night and all is good, not a problem to get launched and there is still space at the buffet!

It won't have been us you've seen in a Stingher on the Straits, it's only been out once so far in North Wales, around Conwy, the river and Llandudno in early October.

Cheers,
Greg
__________________
The Blind Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2014, 03:13   #848
Member
 
Jeff Hutcheon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wirral
Boat name: midlife Too
Make: COBRA
Length: 6m +
Engine: 15O E-TEC
MMSI: one day !!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 566
Welcome aboard Greg, you will have a great day out , what ever the weather or where we go.
__________________
MEMBER OF S.A.B.S. (WIRRAL DIVISION)
Jeff Hutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2014, 03:59   #849
Member
 
Dan Gurney's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bingley, West Yorks
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 841
Ready to go...

Well, I've done as much as I can from our landlocked position. The trailer brakes now work, bearings packed, coupling stripped and greased. New filters on the engine, new plugs, gearbox oil changed. New aux tank in place so we now have about 150l fuel capacity.

The only thing I haven't gotten round to doing is raising the engine by one hole. And I haven't been able to run the engine under load, only in me bucket. So I'm excited and apprehensive in equal measure about the first run of the year!
__________________
Dan Gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2014, 14:33   #850
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blind Sailor View Post
Hi all,

Thanks for the welcomes. I spoke to Chris Seddon last night and all is good, not a problem to get launched and there is still space at the buffet!

It won't have been us you've seen in a Stingher on the Straits, it's only been out once so far in North Wales, around Conwy, the river and Llandudno in early October.

Cheers,
Greg
nice one Greg, as Jeff says whatever the weather does it will be a good day out

it may not have even been a Stingher, whatever it was it left us for dead, there again I was munching on winegums at the time so was well chilled
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.