Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 March 2016, 11:46   #91
Member
 
SteveHall's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Lancs
Boat name: Beretta
Make: Ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: 175hp e-tec
MMSI: 235035778
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,719
RIBase
Old Market Hall is top!!! Brilliant venue and some brilliant beers - and its that micro you can look through the window and see it all in action!

I will have 4 plus a baby for the food and beers!
__________________

__________________
Steve
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
https://www.justgiving.com/blind-sailing
https://www.facebook.com/rib.beretta/
SteveHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 13:23   #92
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Round Anglesey for Macmillan 14/15 May 2016

http://www.cams.bangor.ac.uk/realtim...nt/menaibr.htm

May 14th HW Menai Bridge 18.21 (GMT +1)

Plenty of water to get through Swellies late afternoon.

Will there be enough water over the bar when leaving in the morning? Low water 11.41am !!

http://www.cams.bangor.ac.uk/realtim...nt/caernar.htm

Sunset circa 22.00.

Your plan re route/times is clearly weather dependant. It could take between 3- 7 hrs to get round from experience. Have to play it by ear.

It's worth going round back of puffin to see deals. Only 10 mins out of the way.

Gazelle is fine for ribs, especially at high tide, beach is very steep shingle, you can just use that too. Couple of runners and plenty of boys to stick a few boats on and ferry ashore.

Look forward to seeing people out and about.
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 16:00   #93
Member
 
pow2gran's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Just Looking
Make: Ribcraft 5.85
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 384
Thanks for the feedback HP. I believe there will be sufficient water over the bar. It is neaps. Low water Holyhead is 1.6m with Ft Belan -0.2m off Holyhead. If anyone knows any different please let me know.

I appreciate times will be different dependent on weather etc and may need to be adjusted on the day. There are three basic times that would be nice to keep to. Start at 10.00, Lunch at 12.30 and a pint at 15.00

Puffin is a definite if the weather is good having gone all round. If you've been battered though you might have had enough by then!

Are you and the family going to join us in the evening?
__________________
pow2gran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 17:53   #94
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow2gran View Post
Thanks for the feedback HP. I believe there will be sufficient water over the bar. It is neaps. Low water Holyhead is 1.6m with Ft Belan -0.2m off Holyhead. If anyone knows any different please let me know.

I appreciate times will be different dependent on weather etc and may need to be adjusted on the day. There are three basic times that would be nice to keep to. Start at 10.00, Lunch at 12.30 and a pint at 15.00

Puffin is a definite if the weather is good having gone all round. If you've been battered though you might have had enough by then!

Are you and the family going to join us in the evening?
no probs over the bar on nears as long as the weather is good, but if the weathers bad you'd be giving it a miss anyway
I went over the bar in the Searider one day last season following a good blow the previous day, there was a good swell in the channel but the rollers breaking over the bar were a good 2+ meters, very impressive but once out of the channel it wasn't too bad
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 18:59   #95
Member
 
Deekus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral
Boat name: Tigger
Make: Osprey Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 320
I suggest newbies/inexperienced check the chart for the wreck on the bar at low water as its unmarked and could spell disaster

Or stick with someone who knows the score
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Time is precious, waste it wisely!
Deekus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2016, 20:54   #96
Member
 
Dan Gurney's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bingley, West Yorks
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 841
Can't wait. Can you sign me and the boiler up for beer and food Nick?
__________________
Dan Gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 03:27   #97
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deekus View Post
I suggest newbies/inexperienced check the chart for the wreck on the bar at low water as its unmarked and could spell disaster

Or stick with someone who knows the score
what wreck on the bar .............
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Wirral Division)
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 04:16   #98
Member
 
pow2gran's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Just Looking
Make: Ribcraft 5.85
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Gurney View Post
Can't wait. Can you sign me and the boiler up for beer and food Nick?

Dan no problem
__________________
pow2gran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 04:22   #99
Member
 
pow2gran's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Just Looking
Make: Ribcraft 5.85
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
no probs over the bar on nears as long as the weather is good, but if the weathers bad you'd be giving it a miss anyway

I went over the bar in the Searider one day last season following a good blow the previous day, there was a good swell in the channel but the rollers breaking over the bar were a good 2+ meters, very impressive but once out of the channel it wasn't too bad

Chris thanks for the feedback.
__________________
pow2gran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2016, 04:26   #100
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
I'll be missing the food I think due to logistics.

I suspect I'll miss the first half of the island too.

Probably set off at 12/1pm and head anti-clockwise round to moelfre. I'll bump in to you lot and turn round, beer in Gazelle at 3-4pm, then through the bridges and on to Pilots' cove for an almost high tide beer and crisps on the beach, before running back through the Strait.
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.