Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 25 April 2013, 09:58   #811
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick View Post
That should do it we will look like an invasion coming into Holyhead
If the weather lets us get past the stacks!

It's still partial cloud or sun and Northerly 20mph winds, force 4. It's all good.

http://xcweather.co.uk/GB/forecast

There'll be some swell rolling in off the Irish sea but that just makes it more fun!
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 12:35   #812
RIBnet supporter
 
yoyo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warrington/Anglesey
Make: Menai 480SR.
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsoooooooo 70hp
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
30 boats! A few may not make it, a few like Kawasaki or the menai ribride may compensate., so hopefully we will beat last year's 27.... plus it is difficult to count that many on the water, so with a little double counting I am sure we will do it
I known of at least 3 ribs that are not on your list that will be present.

My rib appears to of grown a little on your list

It looks like I will be cruising up and down the straights only as the weather is looking a little blowy for mi rib. The wife's back is still not right yet after last years outing

Ill be on the water 9.00am meeting up with HP around 9.20ish before heading under the bridges at around 9.30ish.
__________________

__________________
Yoyo.
---------------------------------------------------
life's full of ups "n" downs.
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 12:54   #813
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post

I known of at least 3 ribs that are not on your list that will be present.

My rib appears to of grown a little on your list

It looks like I will be cruising up and down the straights only as the weather is looking a little blowy for mi rib. The wife's back is still not right yet after last years outing

Ill be on the water 9.00am meeting up with HP around 9.20ish before heading under the bridges at around 9.30ish.
Excellent! See you and the others sat for a Strait run even if its ropey!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 13:41   #814
Member
 
Dan Gurney's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bingley, West Yorks
Boat name: Iolar
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 841
so is it Ty Coch (as per Paul's sig) or Ty Calch (as per Chris' forum name)?

Also: does one get launched straight in standing in the boat or is it waders/dry suits only? I have the former but not the latter.

What's the procedure on return? Beach and then walk up to the yard or hail on channel 80?

Sorry for all the questions but i suspect it's going to be a bit of a rammie on Saturday...
__________________
Dan Gurney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 13:47   #815
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
TY Calch, whoops. Chris will clarify....


For all you homies! This is us! (Sic)

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=avaSd...%3DavaSdC0QOUM
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 14:02   #816
Member
 
telcowilliam's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Bay Bar Dos
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: 235092178
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamchowder View Post
so is it Ty Coch (as per Paul's sig) or Ty Calch (as per Chris' forum name)?

Also: does one get launched straight in standing in the boat or is it waders/dry suits only? I have the former but not the latter.

What's the procedure on return? Beach and then walk up to the yard or hail on channel 80?

Sorry for all the questions but i suspect it's going to be a bit of a rammie on Saturday...
Chris will launch you straight in to the briney and will see you for getting out when you get back, bringing your trailer down to drive straight onto if you are able ;-)

Address to save thread search is
Ty Calch
Foreshore Road.
Llanfaglan
Caernarfon
Gwynnedd
LL545RA

I will be out on Saturday but not in the rib. So will be hanging around taking some pictures etc. look forward to a great day
__________________
There is no bigger hole than the sea within which to throw your money.....anon
telcowilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 14:04   #817
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
How's the leg Mike
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 14:06   #818
Member
 
telcowilliam's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Bay Bar Dos
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: 235092178
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 507
If anybody hasn't booked anywhere to stay yet my friend has a two bedroom chalet available to rent a 4 taxi ride away from Fu's. if anyone is interested on me and I can give you his phone number to deal direct. Boats can be kept on site if Chris is struggling for storage as well
__________________
There is no bigger hole than the sea within which to throw your money.....anon
telcowilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 14:09   #819
Member
 
telcowilliam's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Bay Bar Dos
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: 235092178
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
How's the leg Mike
Not to good Steve, keep getting shooting pains up it, thanks for asking. Chris is taking a photographer out on my boat to do a video shoot of all the ribs coming through by fort Belan.. I'm hoping to get out on my big boat, I went on it the other day, was stood on the back with my crutches opening the canopy and SPLASH!! My crutch fell off my arm and is now at the bottom of the marina!! :-(
__________________
There is no bigger hole than the sea within which to throw your money.....anon
telcowilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2013, 14:35   #820
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcowilliam View Post
Not to good Steve, keep getting shooting pains up it, thanks for asking. Chris is taking a photographer out on my boat to do a video shoot of all the ribs coming through by fort Belan.. I'm hoping to get out on my big boat, I went on it the other day, was stood on the back with my crutches opening the canopy and SPLASH!! My crutch fell off my arm and is now at the bottom of the marina!! :-(
Your in the wars lately mate time to sell your boats and draw your pension
__________________

__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.