Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 01 May 2013, 09:36   #1071
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
what a great turn out we had for the greatest roller coaster ride that we've been on!!! We certainly wouldn't have done it without you guys around us. Being in a trough of a 15 foot curler and trying to out run it was a challenge in itself(no-one warned us to take spare pair o pants!!) Trip took it's toll on the body though, Phil at nearly 64(and I'm not saying my age -never ask a lady!!) and 25 years of boating, sunk one in Irish sea, suffocated another at south stacks and lots of other hairy scary moments but enjoyed them all especially Saturday. This trip seems a fitting finale and we are reluctantly going to sell the boat - boo hoo!!!
We enjoyed the thrill of Saturday, the meal was good and we enjoyed meeting everyone.
Thanks to Paul for the starting up of the thread and to Chris for a well run lauch/recovery and for organizing the meal
it's a shame if you are selling up, there's still oloads to see and do without going for a roller coatser ride, but if you have to go, that's a good way to go
if you ever fancy a day out, you know your always welcome to spend a day with us, a brew watching the seals on Puffin Island always does it for me

Ribnet will be losing two great pals, good luck Phil & Gill
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 09:53   #1072
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
what a great turn out we had for the greatest roller coaster ride that we've been on!!! We certainly wouldn't have done it without you guys around us. Being in a trough of a 15 foot curler and trying to out run it was a challenge in itself(no-one warned us to take spare pair o pants!!) Trip took it's toll on the body though, Phil at nearly 64(and I'm not saying my age -never ask a lady!!) and 25 years of boating, sunk one in Irish sea, suffocated another at south stacks and lots of other hairy scary moments but enjoyed them all especially Saturday. This trip seems a fitting finale and we are reluctantly going to sell the boat - boo hoo!!!
We enjoyed the thrill of Saturday, the meal was good and we enjoyed meeting everyone.
Thanks to Paul for the starting up of the thread and to Chris for a well run lauch/recovery and for organizing the meal
Gutted, one hell of a finale though!!

PM me what you're after, I know someone who may be interested in your boat.
__________________

__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 12:08   #1073
Member
 
ppenman's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wickford, Essex
Boat name: Wanderer
Make: Ribeye, Zodiac FR
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha F300, 25 2S
MMSI: 235095667
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post

Hi Peter,

nice to meet you and your crew, and have a nose at your rib too if you ever want a return trip, let me know and we can sort a good weekend out round the coasts of Nth wales, there's loads to see and do, too much to mention on HP's thread
Thanks Chris, that sounds like a good idea although could we have a bit less wind and a bit more heat please.
__________________
ppenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 12:12   #1074
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppenman View Post
Thanks Chris, that sounds like a good idea although could we have a bit less wind and a bit more heat please.
hmmmmmm. and here's me thinking how warm and calm it had been on Saturday

we'll see what we can do, I think summer is booked for a Saturday in August, not sure which year yet
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 12:31   #1075
RIBnet supporter
 
yoyo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warrington/Anglesey
Make: Menai 480SR.
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsoooooooo 70hp
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
hi YoYo, what's the date for Molfre Lifeboat day this year, I can feel another cruise coming on maybe time for a new thread

As we all know it's a great day. This year I believe the lifeboat day is on Sat. 10/08/2013.

This will be the first LB day with the new Tamar class LB "Kiwi"

https://www.facebook.com/MoelfreLifeboat

Moelfre LB day: Event Telephone Number: 01248410195
__________________
Yoyo.
---------------------------------------------------
life's full of ups "n" downs.
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 13:11   #1076
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo View Post
As we all know it's a great day. This year I believe the lifeboat day is on Sat. 10/08/2013.

This will be the first LB day with the new Tamar class LB "Kiwi"

https://www.facebook.com/MoelfreLifeboat

Moelfre LB day: Event Telephone Number: 01248410195
agreed, an excellent day out on the rib, and a chance to support the life boats
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 13:14   #1077
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
a bit more video from last Saturday

Apologies to Chris Ty Calch, you may see the horror on his face towards the end of the clip, he was out on Telcowilliam's rib with the photographer, seems we have tested the waterproofness of his kit

Ribnet Round Anglesey Cruise 27th April 2013 leaving Ty Calch to Caernarfon Bar - YouTube
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 13:25   #1078
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
Apologies to Chris Ty Calch, you may see the horror on his face towards the end of the clip, he was out on Telcowilliam's rib with the photographer, seems we have tested the waterproofness of his kit

Ribnet Round Anglesey Cruise 27th April 2013 leaving Ty Calch to Caernarfon Bar - YouTube
Hooligan! Everyone else heading through together but oh no, you come from left field!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 13:29   #1079
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Hooligan! Everyone else heading through together but oh no, you come from left field!
sorry, always been a touch different, anyway we wanted the best shot of the day, just waiting to see the results, hopefully Chris Ty Calch has sobered up enough to have collected the cd by now, should be some good shots
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 May 2013, 13:31   #1080
Member
 
Jeff Hutcheon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: wirral
Boat name: midlife Too
Make: COBRA
Length: 6m +
Engine: 15O E-TEC
MMSI: one day !!
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton
Apologies to Chris Ty Calch, you may see the horror on his face towards the end of the clip, he was out on Telcowilliam's rib with the photographer, seems we have tested the waterproofness of his kit

Ribnet Round Anglesey Cruise 27th April 2013 leaving Ty Calch to Caernarfon Bar - YouTube
At last, but well worth waiting for!! Nice one pal.
Ps we never could resist a fly past lol.
__________________

__________________
MEMBER OF S.A.B.S. (WIRRAL DIVISION)
Jeff Hutcheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.