Engine: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombardc2 View Post
Count me in! I think we should form a custom rib owners team! ��

Sent from my iPhone using RIB Net
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingosucks View Post
I would be up for that

failing that I`m gonna enter `team malted milk `currently recruiting for 9 other boats
I think that would be the best thing you Custom Rib boys could ever do and for so many reasons
Old 08 February 2016, 08:10   #22

Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wightdiver View Post
Lets hope for your sake she does not read that!!!!!!
She did,,,and she agrees !!
Old 08 February 2016, 17:55   #23

Make: Zodiac
Length: under 3m
Engine: Scull
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
Fender

I think there are a couple of points that may not have come across quite right. There is a sticky in the Cruises section that sets some Rib.net ground rules for cruises. The underlying principle being that they are not an official organised event. Official Organised Events carry all sorts of liabilities etc. Its a cruise in company. But that means you should be self sufficient (or if you aren't that you at least have your own arrangements in place).

So I think your support team may be the group of 2-10 boats who you will budy up with. You may need to agree with them what support you need and what support you can provide others. For instance - on the Scottish SIB gathering thread I think someone asked if they needed an Aux. Someone else piped up to say they will be carrying their Aux and so if the first guy needed an Aux they can borrow the second guys provided he doesn't also need it. It could be agreeing bail out plans - i.e. if its too windy we will drip Boat A and B here and all get on bigger Boat C. But its easier to agree that among a group of 2-10 boats than over 100 which is the numbers Whisper is now trying to herd round...?

So I guess Whisper has two aims of trying to specify this:
1. He doesn't feel obliged to try and pair up similar boats so takes less responsibility, which bearing in mind its not an organised event per say is probably the right approach
2. If you don't have any Ribbing Mates you are encouraged to make some -pre-event.
That's a bit clearer - thanks !
It's a cruise rather than a organised event and buddy-up in case of any issues , should be a fun day!
If it's blowing a nasty easterly I guess shelter could be found during the lunchtime meet-up in the next bay ( the yaverland end of Sandown bay ).
Old 14 February 2016, 06:38   #24

Town: Holland on sea
Boat name: Oceanmaster
Make: Highfield
Engine: Honda 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by whisper View Post
This year's Round Isle of Wight for Macmillan Cancer Support will be on 17th July 2016 weather permitting…

It’s going to be slightly different this year to make it a more of a sociable challenge, so instead of meeting at Wootton Creek we will only have one rendezvous which will be Whitecliff Bay, this is where we stopped last year and had a few photos taken by a drone.

Rendezvous – Whitecliff Bay IOW at 12:00 noon, if the weather and conditions are great we’ll stay for a while to have a floating picnic and we’ll leave at 13:00 sharp. So if the weather isn’t great or if bobbing about isn’t your thing then aim to arrive just before the departure time at 13:00.

High tide is at 10:50 so by the time we leave the RV at Whitecliff Bay the tide will be running with us so watch out for a high westerly wind forecast!

Just like the last four years we will be going clockwise, so this is how it will work this year…

You are encouraged to meet with people throughout the boating season and form a buddy system to form small groups, say from two to ten boats. This is what we have found to be the most effective and sociable cruising team. By all means name your team and let every one know what you are doing.

This cruise is talked about across all social media, so please don’t feel that this challenge belongs to one group as it belongs to you all.

If you would love to do this challenge but do not have a suitable boat or experience then please ask online to see if you can join a team and be a passenger on another boat.

As every year, I’ve launched a new Justgiving page and it will be down to each skipper to do their own fundraising, but there is no pressure on you to give or raise any money if you don’t want to.

The most effective ways to raise money for Macmillan is the old fashioned ‘Sponsor Form’ – an ideal way to ask your family, friends and work colleagues for a donation. Please don’t be afraid to ask businesses to sponsor you too.

A copy of this year’s sponsor form is available here:

http://be.macmillan.org.uk/be/Pdf.as...2-37a3793ddc41

So far we have raised over £58,500 to help fund a Macmillan Nurse for a year which has helped over 400 cancer patients and we have also won eight awards, including the Douglas Macmillan Award and a Pride of Britain Award, we were also in the top 1% of Justgiving accounts for 2014 and the top 3% in 2015.

Our new Justgiving page for this year is:

www.justgiving.com/RIOW2016

I have also attached a social media banner for your use.

We will communicate on VHF Channel 08

Good luck to you all and I hope to see you for a pasty, sandwich, sausage roll or a can of coke at Whitecliff Bay on the 17th July 2016

Best regards,

Alex 07778555884

Looking forward to taking part for the first time, hopefully a team of 4 from the east coast.

Can I ask a couple of 'first timer' questions?

I presume the start and finish is whitecliff bay and 13.00 is the start time and not the lunchtime halfway stop?

There is obviously a good reason for the RV location on the east of the island, just interested to know why whitecliff eBay. Planning to launch somewhere in Portsmouth, how long would it take to get to RV?

How long on average does it take to go round?i know weather etc will have impact on speeds, just trying to work out if feasible to return home on the Sunday evening or stay over and tow back Monday morning.

Thanks in advance and apologies if questions appear stupid!!
Old 14 February 2016, 11:46   #25

Town: Royal Wootton Bassett
Length: 8m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulL View Post
Looking forward to taking part for the first time, hopefully a team of 4 from the east coast.

Can I ask a couple of 'first timer' questions?

I presume the start and finish is whitecliff bay and 13.00 is the start time and not the lunchtime halfway stop?

There is obviously a good reason for the RV location on the east of the island, just interested to know why whitecliff eBay. Planning to launch somewhere in Portsmouth, how long would it take to get to RV?

How long on average does it take to go round?i know weather etc will have impact on speeds, just trying to work out if feasible to return home on the Sunday evening or stay over and tow back Monday morning.

Thanks in advance and apologies if questions appear stupid!!
Hey dude

It's a rolling start so your start and finish point is where you launch, so if you are launching from Portsmouth then you'll need to plan your leaving time to arrive at the RV between 12:00 - 13:00.

I would have thought that it's about 60 - 70 NM from Portsmouth to Portsmouth and your boating time could be as little as a couple of hours, but then you'll see stuff like the forts, the Needles and Alum Bay and I guess you'll want to get some photos etc so you'll probably need to add an hour for that. You also might want a toilet stop and fuel at Yarmouth too?

The best thing to do is to plan your route, get some info about your group (boats and experience etc) and then post it up to see if you can team up with someone local launching from the Portsmouth area. This way you'll also get local knowledge for launching/parking etc

I hope that helps
Old 14 February 2016, 12:46   #26

Thanks Whisper....I get it now!
Old 07 April 2016, 12:51   #27

Town: Leicestershire
Boat name: Bathtub
Make: Humber Ocean Pro
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 150
Hi Whisper. There are 3 of us from Leicester (2 jet skis and a rib at the mo and that may grow). Count us in.
Old 07 April 2016, 13:16   #28

Make: Zodiac
Length: under 3m
Engine: Scull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam and Hayley View Post
Hi Whisper. There are 3 of us from Leicester (2 jet skis and a rib at the mo and that may grow). Count us in.

Will be a blinding day
However I'd be a little reserved about mentioning Jet-skis on here, there’s a few bigoted individuals on RIbnet who at the mention of skis get all angry and nasty towards them....................nice!!!
Bring them, have fun and enjoy ( But keep your head down )
Oh, I run a boat and ski
Old 07 April 2016, 15:04   #29

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Thanks for the reminder

"Never Enough" leaving Southampton possible 4 persons + 1 dog
Old 19 April 2016, 21:13   #30

Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Duma
Make: Shearwater Cutter
Engine: Yamaha 200hp
As part of the round Anglesey run I am arranging to have some flags printed. Is anyone interested for RoW. Cost is £15 with a £6 contribution to Macmillan if I can order 30.

Any one interested?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-04-19 17.34.35.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	112059  
Old 19 April 2016, 22:22   #31

Town: Thame
Boat name: Free-Flow
Make: Shearwater 6.8
Engine: Suzuki 175
Sorry but i will not be able to make it this year. Been on the last three, and it is a great day out. Hope it is good hooning weather for you :-)
Old 20 April 2016, 07:30   #32

Town: Fareham
Boat name: Red Dog
Make: Porters Renegade
Engine: 150 HP Yamaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow2gran View Post
As part of the round Anglesey run I am arranging to have some flags printed. Is anyone interested for RoW. Cost is £15 with a £6 contribution to Macmillan if I can order 30.

Any one interested?
Yes please, I will have one.

Andy
Old 21 April 2016, 11:10   #33

The link to the sponsorship form doesn't seem to be working, is it me or is there a problem with it? Has anyone else manage to access it?
Old 21 April 2016, 11:17   #34

Quote:
The link to the sponsorship form doesn't seem to be working, is it me or is there a problem with it? Has anyone else manage to access it?
Works for me
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2016, 14:34   #35

I've tried on android phone. IPad and Mac, just keeps saying computer stuff like 'unknown path' ...whatever that means....anyone any suggestions?
Old 21 April 2016, 15:10   #36

I'll take a look at that tonight

www.customrib.co.uk
Old 21 April 2016, 15:13   #37

Quote:
I've tried on android phone. IPad and Mac, just keeps saying computer stuff like 'unknown path' ...whatever that means....anyone any suggestions?
why not just go to the Just Giving web site and then do a search for RIOW2016

That should work
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2016, 18:31   #38

Quote:
Here you go, see if this new link works:

http://media.wix.com/ugd/af721e_190a...c9fa51e1f3.pdf

Old 21 April 2016, 21:14   #39

Yep, that works.
Old 22 April 2016, 09:31   #40

Town: Kidderminster
Boat name: Big Blue
Make: Cobra
Engine: Verado 200
MMSI: 235097619
Quote:
Originally Posted by pow2gran View Post

Any one interested?

Yes please. I will have one.