Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 January 2014, 09:47   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by steco1958 View Post
This is my rig, problem is launch/recovery, you always struggle, or need a very easy slip.
Always struggle? I have obviously only been using easy slips, never had an issue launching or recovering!

I see you have a prop guard on the outboard. Are they any good?
Was going to fit one on mine but the dealer told me not to bother as they are not designed to be used at more then 20mph or something silly like that
__________________

__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 09:48   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribandmotorhome View Post
Cheers Steve. Don't seem to work on my Samsung phone. Which is annoying
Tis an android issue.

However, still doesn't explain how you wild camp with a motorhome or how you wild camp with lots of people ;-)
__________________

__________________
ShinyShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 10:00   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
Tis an android issue.

However, still doesn't explain how you wild camp with a motorhome or how you wild camp with lots of people ;-)
Really? We stay in carparks, pub carparks, lay bys, dead end roads, industrial estates, boat yards etc.

Afterall it's only somewhere to sleep, in the morning it's straight off down the seafront etc.

For example appledore in Devon, it's 5.00 for an overnight carpark ticket right at the top of the slipway.
Motorhomes welcomed by the council!
Last time we had 6 campers there!

Tintagel, Cornwall 3.50 overnight 'motorhome' ticket and extra large parking spaces.

Cat and fiddle pub in Dorset.
Have a meal welcome to stay in the carpark. Did it 10 times last year!

The list could go on and on.
__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 10:23   #24
Member
 
hadd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,388
RIBase
Sounds like a great way to get about with the rib I plan to buy a transit van soon & get it fitted out into a motor home & travel the west coast of Scotland there are some lovely places up there you can just park at the beach
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S NW Division
All good thing's come to those who wait!!.
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 10:24   #25
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,596
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribandmotorhome View Post
Really? We stay in carparks, pub carparks, lay bys, dead end roads, industrial estates, boat yards etc.

Afterall it's only somewhere to sleep, in the morning it's straight off down the seafront etc.

For example appledore in Devon, it's 5.00 for an overnight carpark ticket right at the top of the slipway.
Motorhomes welcomed by the council!
Last time we had 6 campers there!

Tintagel, Cornwall 3.50 overnight 'motorhome' ticket and extra large parking spaces.

Cat and fiddle pub in Dorset.
Have a meal welcome to stay in the carpark. Did it 10 times last year!

The list could go on and on.
s'pose it all depends on your definition of wild camping, mine would be on a beach in the wilds of West Scotland, diving for my supper, campfire, & going to sleep to the sounds of the sea & birds. Not holed up on an industrial estate or pub car park. Anyway, moving on, semantics apart, you're actually doing what we plan to do when we semi-retire in a few years. The plan revolves around a small-ish RIB (5.3m Ribcraft?) & a VW California, bring it on
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 10:33   #26
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
s'pose it all depends on your definition of wild camping, mine would be on a beach in the wilds of West Scotland, diving for my supper, campfire, & going to sleep to the sounds of the sea & birds. Not holed up on an industrial estate or pub car park. Anyway, moving on, semantics apart, you're actually doing what we plan to do when we semi-retire in a few years. The plan revolves around a small-ish RIB (5.3m Ribcraft?) & a VW California, bring it on
Well yeah. But most of us dont have time to get that far away from things!
As far as the term 'wild camping' it means staying off sites on the side if the road etc.

I am also a member of the national trust. Never been turned away when I asked if I could stay at any national trust spot.

If you have the right attitude and stay courteous most places are very welcoming.

Your retirement sounds great.
A vw California. Oh dear. Join the AA! :-)
Will it have the strength to pull the boat?
__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 10:34   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadd View Post
Sounds like a great way to get about with the rib I plan to buy a transit van soon & get it fitted out into a motor home & travel the west coast of Scotland there are some lovely places up there you can just park at the beach
Sounds great!!
__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 10:42   #28
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,596
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribandmotorhome View Post
............Will it have the strength to pull the boat?
good for about 2500kg
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 10:45   #29
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post

good for about 2500kg
Cool. My cousin has one but I have given up waiting for him on the motorway! :-)
__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 10:47   #30
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadd View Post
Sounds like a great way to get about with the rib I plan to buy a transit van soon & get it fitted out into a motor home & travel the west coast of Scotland there are some lovely places up there you can just park at the beach
There are still a few places in Wales left like that, so we make the most of them before they are gone for good!
__________________

__________________
Ribandmotorhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.