Not over yet . Wait till you see the Vikings
Old 15 August 2004, 07:17   #62

Town: Sheerness
Boat name: TBA
Make: Parker
Length: 8m +
Engine: Mercruiser
oh and the Vikings !

Ńice to see the information being posted about the trip. Andre you should see if you can upload the Video footage we took in the baltic that day !

I for one and i think i speak for Dog would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the poor quality of the pictures that we think are about to be posted on the thread, Whilst the imges may bare some resemblence to ourselves the characters portrayed are fictional and any relation to either Dog or myself is merely conicidential.
David b
Old 16 August 2004, 14:36   #63

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
3-5 August , Kolobrzeg, Poland

As our return flight to the UK was not until Monday 9th August we decided to have a couple of days rest in Kolobrzeg. I have some friends in Kolobrzeg and we were given the VIP treatment by Mirek & Chris who own and run a coastal pleasure boat company. They have several boats which take holidaymakers out for short sea trips. These boats if not purpose built for offshore cruising then they have been converted from fishing vessels to Viking and pirat vessels, as some have found out, more money can be made taking people out to sea then going out yourself and fishing. There is also Ryszard a fellow member of the Forum, unfortunately didn't take a photo of him.
David as an RNLI man took a fancy to the local SAR rib (note yes Chris Henshaw tubes) unfortunately during our stay the craft did not go out to sea so no play for David

The chap in the photo with the crew is Mirek,
Mirek should you read this post many thanks again for your hospitality and warm welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 098.JPG
Views:	363
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	7529   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 101.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	7530   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 104.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	7531   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 118.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	7532   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 117.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	7533  

Old 16 August 2004, 14:44   #64

The Vikings are coming

PS. No rude comments about my helmet please
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 126.JPG
Views:	280
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	7534  
Old 16 August 2004, 15:13   #65

Town: London
Make: Larson
Length: 7m +
Engine: Volvo D4 260hp DP
Fantastic story and achievement, and what nice chaps you all seem to be I saw the RIB at Chatham and had a look at it, I for one may very well put one on my shopping list in the future, once I learn to park better

By the way, I could not see any pictures of the downstairs accomodation, (cuddy), do you have any, thanks.
Old 16 August 2004, 20:36   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteb
Fantastic story and achievement, and what nice chaps you all seem to be I saw the RIB at Chatham and had a look at it, I for one may very well put one on my shopping list in the future, once I learn to park better

By the way, I could not see any pictures of the downstairs accomodation, (cuddy), do you have any, thanks.
I was sure I had posted such. Here is David having a kip during the run through the inland waters of Denmark.

At one time during the same run my dear collegues were both having a kip and getting a tan on the engine box and insisted I kept the speed down to 12 knots. With two against one what chance did I have
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 001.JPG
Views:	264
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	7542  
Old 16 August 2004, 22:45   #67

Town: London
Make: Larson
Length: 7m +
Engine: Volvo D4 260hp DP
Is there a cooker and sink onboard?
Old 17 August 2004, 07:01   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteb
Is there a cooker and sink onboard?
Not on this particular model because it was built as a patrol boat and for "emergency" use only a portable loo can be found in one of the lockers in the front cabin. I suppose if this cabin rib was to be built as an overnight cruiser then such facility could be installed behind the helmsman's seat instead of the bench seat
Old 18 August 2004, 09:41   #69

Coming home

Andre Glad to see that people are enjoying the story. It was a wonderful experience and will certainly not be the last epic voyage !!!!!!!!!!!! in a Parker Rib............................Did I say watch this space ?

I am bringing in new demonstrators to the Uk hopefully around October November time which will turn a few heads. This craft amongst others will be available for viewing and sea trials at various key Boating locations around the UK in coming months . We will post information about this in the future.One of my demonstrators is due to go to a new home in ireland ( Platypus) and I wish the new owner all the best and hope that his entry in to Rib ownership is as pleasurable as it was for me entering into this market place from hard boats.

Arriving in the Uk we will have demo craft from 5.0 - 6.3 - 7.5 - 9.0 mt hopefully those of you who are curious what this range of craft is about will be able to see and trial the craft for yourselves.The proof will be in the pudding so to speak.As a company Parker is not afraid to thrash its Craft to the max in the pursuit of Boating excellence. trips like the one we have undertaken really shake down a craft and despite the good times had by all the purpose was for research and further development to bring to the market place what we trully believe to be the best handling hulls in the business.

Having Taken the Cabin Rib back to Poland I have really appreciated the versitility of such a craft. Easy to Handle in confined spaces ( twin screw )
Great seakeeping ,very cheap to run , the admiring looks of bikini clad beautys ! but above all a safe well founded design.I personally believe this is an area in which the Uk market will experience growth.

Andre keep the stroy coming its good to see the pictures

david
Old 18 August 2004, 13:10   #70

Final leg Kolobrzeg-Gdynia > 5 August <

We set off in a very happy mood having enjoyed a fantastic spread at Mirek's home. Many thanks again Mirek & Roma. The weather was very good that morning and we soon clocking up the miles. Once we got to the port of Darlowo I suddenly remembered from the Rib race in 1999 that there was a shooting range ahead and best was to radio in to find out if any live firing was going on. We were promptly told to go out 14 miles and get back once we had passed Ustka. As we later found out there had been no shooting and that we could have just kept to the coast. I suppose better safe then sorry cos how would we have explained the holes in the boat .
In 1999 Dog & I were racing along the coast and as we did not require fuel we did not enter Darlowo like the others. Later we learnt that some other ribs were held up in port cos of live firing. Well we did not see or hear any, were we just lucky , who knows

This final leg included two short stops, one at Leba and the other at Wladyslawowo. This was to give demos and show off the boat.
We got to Gdynia late that afternoon and spent the next 3 days just sightseeing the area. David liked it so much that he flew his family over for a week and Dog & I returned home on Monday 9th August
My brother Philip turned up to meet us at Gdynia and to congratulate us on our successful voyage. .

PS. When I get round to doing my expenses I will post information on how much fuel we used on the whole trip
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 129.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	7572   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 137.JPG
Views:	211
Size:	185.6 KB
ID:	7573   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 140.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	7574   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 141.JPG
Views:	221
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	7575   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 133.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	7576  

Old 18 August 2004, 13:18   #71

The Bay of Gdansk

During our sightseeing we came across a Parker 630 diesel rib and I just could not resist taking a couple of shots. Here are the lads of the Water Rescue Service ie Beach Patrol. These lads do a great job.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 146.JPG
Views:	180
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	7577   Click image for larger version

Name:	29.07 till 8.08.2004 148.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	7578  
Old 24 August 2004, 09:05   #72

Further Challenges for Rib Cruising

Anybody out there got any further ideas of extended cruising in a RIB
Has anyone else got the burning desire to try and complete a voyage of epic proportions .Your thoughts are all welcome.

Would like to try something next year perhaps in the company of others

ideas on this thread please

David
Old 24 August 2004, 13:26   #73
RIBnet supporter

Town: Peel, IOM
RIBase
The two obvious ones are Round Britain and Round Ireland.
Old 24 August 2004, 15:06   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
The two obvious ones are Round Britain and Round Ireland.
not forgetting

http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread....hlight=iceland

as being organized by Mark Wildey
Old 28 August 2004, 09:53   #75

Want to do it in a Parker ?

Andre fancy a break from work then ! lets grab a Parker and do it !
Any further news on the delivery of the Cabin Rib to Norway.

David
Old 28 August 2004, 18:03   #76

Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
Round Ireland.
Hey if anyone needs some willing & able scurvyish crew (will pay our way even ) we talk the lingo

Us
Old 06 September 2004, 14:27   #77

what do you think we should do then

Ok suggest a task to try next year. Rib will be a open craft about 8 mt single 300 hp with seating for 4 people. The Rib will be a variant of the Baltic cabin Rib we took to Poland. Highly specified with state of the art electronics ( and a paper chart too ! ) Every man and his dog have done translantics they are boring and old hat ( is that flak I see coming my way ) but how about Norway / Iceland or more ? I am serious and have one willing crew memeber who wants to try a extended expedition. Any one else want to try a "Serious" cruise in a similar rib. So what we have now is a possible start of a route ...........One Demo parker Rib.............and me !!!!! wakey wakey Andre time to have serious plans for that new 9mt your getting

David B
Old 07 September 2004, 13:48   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by David B
.......One Demo parker Rib.............and me !!!!! wakey wakey Andre time to have serious plans for that new 9mt your getting

David B
OK you have my attention!
well where ever ones decides to go one still has the return trip to do.
Iceland would be a great cruise to do ( meet up with Bogi ect)
however the crossing itself could be boring , hard work and only the sea ect
Having done the Baltic cruise I find it nice to moor up at a marina , get fuel and check into a comfortable hotel , have a few beers and nice meal ( must be the age creeping up on me )

the ideal cruise would be to travel by air to Poland when the ribs have been completed , test them, put on a good few hours, and launch for the trip say in Gdynia or Leba.

First stop the Isle of Bornholm
then towards Stockholm for a few days and down the Swedish coast towards Malmo
From Malmo up to Oslo or possibly to the Kiel Canal (depending on time)
if to Oslo then around Denmark down the coast of Germany towards Ilmuiden, Holland and then accross to the UK

The only problem is the time of the year cos March / April it is still cold in the Baltic not to mention Sweden. and not having a cabin rib it could get very cold

as for crew then I am sure there would be a few fellow members of this forum who would love to do such a cruise

when is Easter next year? perhaps an Easter Cruise

By the way this is just an idea
Old 07 September 2004, 14:24   #79

Town: Gosport
Boat name: April Lass
Make: Moody 31
Length: 9m +
Andre, brilliant idea. After the sad loss of Spirit not sure I want to be 150 miles off shore with any sort of problem so this is a little less extreme.

However not sure on your timing, Easter will be freezing, June or July would be better.
Old 07 September 2004, 14:50   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete7
Andre, brilliant idea. After the sad loss of Spirit not sure I want to be 150 miles off shore with any sort of problem so this is a little less extreme.

However not sure on your timing, Easter will be freezing, June or July would be better.
Pete

Agree with you 100% only this was an idea I had thrown back at David . A June /July is out of the question cos that is the middle of the season for us and we will want the demo ribs much earlier. My guess is the ribs will come by truck but it is nice to just dream up these cruises. You never know they just may happen

On second thoughts May is not too bad