Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 29 September 2008, 18:05   #1
K&S
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Riberty
Make: xs 650
Length: 6m +
Engine: suzuki 175
MMSI: 235063328
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 377
QE II Last visit to the clyde......

Hi, I cant go up river with her on Sunday morning but will go see her moored and then follow her down to Little Cumbrae in the evening (depending on weather, may just head back to Largs if a bit to bumpy)


Anybody else following her up river or back at night?


Might have space in the boat if anybody fancies coming out ??
__________________

__________________
K&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2008, 19:03   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,908
We are looking at this seriously at the moment. Will know later in the week but we are the other way around. Easy to go upriver in the morning but harder to get back to Oban and to work next morning for the downriver cruise at 10pm.
Will look at it later in the week and see what weather is doing, mainly for the passage out and back from Argyll.
__________________

__________________
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 September 2008, 19:30   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,611
Yep, the daytime upriver trip gets my vote too, partly for the same reasons as Bruce (work does tend to get in the way of a good time, doesn't it? ) and partly because as a reusult of said work, I'm highly unlikely to have any nav. lights fitted by Sunday......

Am 95% certain can make it, will confirm later in the week.
__________________
9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2008, 17:21   #4
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,611
OK, found this on the Cunard site.


September 2008
30 Tue Southampton, England Depart 5:00 pm

October 2008
1 Wed Cherbourg, France 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
2 Thu Cobh (Cork), Ireland 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
3 Fri Liverpool, England 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
4 Sat Belfast, Northern Ireland 12:30 pm - 11:00 pm
5 Sun Glasgow (from Greenock), Scotland 12:00 pm - 10:00 pm
6 Mon Cruising the North Sea
7 Tue Edinburgh (from South Queensferry), Scotland 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
8 Wed Newcastle (from Port of Tyne), England 10:30 am - 10:00 pm
9 Thu Cruising the North Sea
10 Fri Southampton, England Arrive 7:00 am

I think these are the "ashore" times, so I have the nagging feeling I'm going to have to set my alarm earlier than a work day to catch this one. There's a temptation to take a half day Tues & go get a photo or two under the Forth Bridge.....
__________________
9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2008, 17:26   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,908
I had these times as well, making the assumption that you would need to be off Cumbrae around 10am.
Not convinced she who must be obeyed to go yet, something about yet another 100 in fuel right after last weekends 100 in fuel? Women, can't live without 'em, can't kill them
__________________
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2008, 17:53   #6
K&S
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Riberty
Make: xs 650
Length: 6m +
Engine: suzuki 175
MMSI: 235063328
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 377
The pilots have suggested a meeting at Mountsuart marker at 10.00 am if i remember right.
__________________
K&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2008, 17:55   #7
K&S
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Riberty
Make: xs 650
Length: 6m +
Engine: suzuki 175
MMSI: 235063328
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 377
Forecast looks as if it could be a little lumpy

Fingers crossed they have got it wrong.
__________________
K&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2008, 18:17   #8
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by K&S View Post
The pilots have suggested a meeting at Mountsuart marker at 10.00 am if i remember right.
Ah so she'll be going up river at Mount Stuart 10AM Sunday then ?.. I was told something different .. doh Ok.. I might be there but incognito under cloth
__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 October 2008, 19:22   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,908
It would be easier if I knew where Mountstuart was......?
Never heard of it.......
__________________
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 October 2008, 05:24   #10
K&S
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Riberty
Make: xs 650
Length: 6m +
Engine: suzuki 175
MMSI: 235063328
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 377
Hi Bruce,
There is a safe water mark mid channel at the North end of Great Cumbrae called Mountsuart. I'm pretty sure thats their suggested starting point, possibly to keep the pilot boarding area south of Cumbrae clear ???
Sorry i dont have my charts in front to give Lat/Long and boat is all wrapped up
__________________

__________________
K&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.