Old 08 July 2007, 22:13   #261

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Change the axle - it will cost around £200, but if the old one is serviceable, you should get £100 for it from someone who doesn't want to dip it in the sea.

A few months ago, Avonride were slow getting orders through, so bear that in mind.
Old 08 July 2007, 22:16   #262

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
Change the axle - it will cost around £200, but if the old one is serviceable, you should get £100 for it from someone who doesn't want to dip it in the sea.

A few months ago, Avonride were slow getting orders through, so bear that in mind.
where have you seen axles for 200£, ive not seen any that cheap, they seem to be around 450 for the 1800kg variety

pm as dont want to hijack the thread any more
Old 09 July 2007, 05:47   #263

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Hi Guys and Girls!

Looks like everyone had a terriffic weekend with the unfortunate exception of Chris.

I wish I could have joined you all, but perhaps next year (I said that last year too )

That wasn't very nice eating Garf or one of his cousins As I understand it they are green inside but what are they like to eat?

Hey Kathleen, you didn't tell me you had Legs

Chris, yeh get rid of those Sealed bearings. I'm very sorry that you had a S$%T day, happened to me many moons ago on a Bank Holiday, wasn't a nice experience I can tell you.

I've enjoyed looking at your photo's, I thought the best one (apart from some Legs ) was of Nos4r and Biggles at the top of Camber slip.

See some of you tonight.

Looks Slow but is Fast
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club.
Hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2007, 07:45   #264

Town: Principalite d'Chaos
Boat name: The Nashers Revenge!
Make: Windsor Brothers
Engine: Optimax 225
MMSI: "Mmmmm SI" she said!
Biggles

This photo of yours is interesting.

Note how Mrs Nasher is standing on the beach wrapped up in her coat watching me monkey up the ladder and A frame, having sent me swimming out to get the boat in just a pair of shorts.

Nasher.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bigg Pri 1.JPG
Views:	319
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	28401  
Old 09 July 2007, 08:52   #265
RIBnet supporter

Town: Over there ---->
Length: 3m +
Well what a fab weekend! Big thanks to Kath and Paul, especially for the strawberries and cream YUM YUM!!

It was our first time at the Camber and appart from some impatience on the part of other drivers whilst we were trying to back into the slip area and a little bit of congestion caused by the local fishermen (who were patient and not too short tempered!) I think the concensus was that we like it. Nice and easy, plenty of water to powerload and a nice short hop to the lightship!

Yes Garfish have green bones - not just a bit green, but actually JADE. Nasher was convinced that it had swallowed some fishing line! Most people on the beach tried a bit and I recon it tastes a cross between Mackerel and Sardeens.

I don't think I'll be camping on sand again though - what a pain that was... Niel Harvey did his best boyscout bit, building a nice big campfire to keep us all warm and we had a great view of the fireworks in Portsmouth.
Old 09 July 2007, 10:21   #266

Town: Nr Tring
Boat name: Braveheart
Make: Porters Renegade
Engine: Tohatsu 140
Rib Virgins get home shagged!!

Thank you everybody for making us so welcome. Kathleen and Paul - you did a fab job of organising this and how you managed to order that weather - well thank you.

Nasher was a hero and stayed with us from Northney to Priory Bay and home again. It was a great day on the beach - the weather was fab.

Mum and Dad approve of our new friends - not sure if that is a good thing - "what a lovely bunch of people". They loved it and found the whole thing a "new experience".

It was a little bumpy on the way back but all was fine - I think it was a F5 (white horses on the waves) but once inside Chichester Harbour - it was fine.

Gotta say that we got home on Saturday and after cleaning down the boat and putting her to bed, we were all knackered but all agreed we enjoyed it.

Spent Sunday pottering around the boat sorting out a few bits and pieces.

Thank you everybody again and it was great to put faces to names!!!

Old 09 July 2007, 11:05   #267

Town: Iver, Bucks, UK
Boat name: Prime Rib II
Make: Humber Ocean Pro
Engine: Mercruiser 1.7 diese
MMSI: 235086032
Just another thanks to Kathlene & Paul.

Sorry we couldn't stay longer but as you know, this was the back end of a week's holiday to Cornwall for us, so insufficient mental preparation for it!
The weather put paid to almost all of our planned boating in Cornwall and having launched at Northney on Friday after the long tow from Fowey, no energy to plan a picnic….. (And we couldn’t really believe the weather would change so much!)

I’ll try harder next year….. and stay longer…. to meet more people.

But multi thanks.

Mike C
Old 09 July 2007, 13:03   #268

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
Length: 4m +
Another great ribnet day out. Everyone seem surprised to hear that we had "made it across" in a 4m searider but it really wasn't that bad coming out of Portsmouth at about lunch time. We had to make a speedy exit in the end; seems Ju wasn't too keen on the loo (bush) that Kathleen suggested using

Those Molotov cocktails were rather interesting
Old 09 July 2007, 15:00   #269

Town: Nr Tring
Boat name: Braveheart
Make: Porters Renegade
Engine: Tohatsu 140
Just heard Tilly telling her friend what a 'cool' weekend she had, and how we went in 'our' boat over to the Isle of Wight for a picnic. It was so 'cool' because we were going really fast over very big waves and then met up with a load of other people with ribs. 'It was the best weekend'.

How pleased am I?

She has also just asked if she can have a helmit like Nashers two! Great another helmet to buy.
Old 09 July 2007, 16:43   #270
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Another great ribnet day out. Everyone seem surprised to hear that we had "made it across" in a 4m searider

LOL if I'd seen you I would have been after a go in the sr4 in the rough stuff!

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 July 2007, 20:24   #271

Town: Pagham Harbour
Boat name: Scallywag
Make: Arran 16
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu
Excellent day out and thank you for Paul and Kathleen for being perfect hosts as always.

Enjoyed the trip down to Priory Bay the trip back was rather more lively than I had hoped for.

Thanks to Richards genorisity I left the Thundercat on his versadock in Port Solent, which meant I did not turn over mid Solent on my return to Hamble and for waiting for me to arrive. A big thank you to Pete7 and team for accompanying me across to Portsmouth and getting soaked in the process. And a further thank you to Pete for going beyond the call of duty and driving me back to Hamble.

All help much appreciated and I returned to Hamble on the Sunday morning at great speed and in flat calm waters.

A brilliant day which both Antoinette and I really enjoyed.

M & A
Old 11 July 2007, 18:59   #272

Town: St Albans
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Ribcraft 585
Length: 5m +
Engine: 140 Suzuki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
Excellent day out and thank you for Paul and Kathleen for being perfect hosts as always.

Enjoyed the trip down to Priory Bay the trip back was rather more lively than I had hoped for.

Thanks to Richards genorisity I left the Thundercat on his versadock in Port Solent, which meant I did not turn over mid Solent on my return to Hamble and for waiting for me to arrive. A big thank you to Pete7 and team for accompanying me across to Portsmouth and getting soaked in the process. And a further thank you to Pete for going beyond the call of duty and driving me back to Hamble.

All help much appreciated and I returned to Hamble on the Sunday morning at great speed and in flat calm waters.

A brilliant day which both Antoinette and I really enjoyed.

M & A
And a big thanks to you from james and myself for a great ride on the thundercat
Old 11 July 2007, 21:40   #273

Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Was good to meet some of you guys we hadn't seen in ages and some new faces!
P+K thanks so much for the ski! And to everyone else for making me do it.
Was a great evening!
Harry
Old 13 July 2007, 10:43   #274

Town: Sheffield
Length: no boat
Sorry we didn't get to meet you chaps, was a little too far for us being quite new to ribbing, we were based in Lymington. Had a harsh intro to the solent on saturday afternoon, so much for better weather down south! Got through it though and we have learnt a lot over a few days.
Hope to get to ride with you guys one day

Cheers Jim