Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
And it's not too cheap either
Old 05 July 2006, 21:31   #22

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Who's On for It?

Alex - would you recommend keeping to Skomer / Skokholm / St Brides Bay, in case the weather gets a bit rough?

I know the weather's looking a bit dodgy at the moment, but to get an idea on numbers, is anyone interested in meeting up for a spin this weekend?
Old 06 July 2006, 07:30   #23

Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
Sunday is looking to be the iffy day right now (rain included) - the winds will be coming up from the SW.... depending on the strength, it may make getting through the heads a bit interesting.

Saturday looks ok, judging by the charts this morning... the wind will probably increase during the day from the SW, but it doesn't look like it'll be much more than 10 to 15knots at this time. Already though, it may skupper plans to either get down to Tenby or out to the Smalls. We may see the swell pick up a bit during the day too as the low creeps towards us (if you can call it that - it's not a sub 1000mb low).

The only thing we can do is see what it's like when we get down there I guess.

I am still up for it as long as I am able to get my fuel line replaced - unfortunately it's the main line that runs between the filter and console, which means removing the spiral-wrap stuff for the length of the boat..... planning to start this tonight, so as long as it stays dry it'll be done by tomorrow evening.

Jono's been quiet - are you still coming down by water? - if so, do you need a hand with fuel arrangements?

-Alex
Old 06 July 2006, 12:14   #24

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
i have just spoken with brad and looked at the latest weather forecast, it is looking like dark cloud, rain and reasonably windy both days now with quite a drop in the temperature and with potentially some sunny spells.

if we did not have the kids with us we would love to get out in the rougher stuff

We would rather come down when we know it is going to be a good weather window as it is a few miles but we want to see pembroke in all its glory.

we will see if we can find another weekend when we have a good weather window and can make more of a weekend of it

Old 06 July 2006, 21:32   #25

Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
Yeah Hugh, I agree - Sunday is not looking at all good right now, and they seem to be bringing the bad stuff into the latter half of Saturday now too.

It 'may' be fine, but from your point of view, it could be a completely wasted journey if the weather doesn't play ball. See http://videos.ribseadrive.co.uk/cruise_20-05-06/ for what it's like when there's a bit of a swell with 10 to 15knots or so of wind.

I only got the fuel line this afternoon after hunting around the local chandlers so I won't be on the water now until probably lunchtime on Saturday, plus Peter24/7 is having his engine serviced, and boat antifouled now too, so that would be another boat down.

No posts from Jono? - I assume he's not going to come down now given the current forecast.

-Alex
Old 06 July 2006, 22:25   #26

Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
sorry i got a pm from jono

he has a job on now on the saturday but the weather not looking good so not sure if he is still down on the sunday, drop him a pm
Old 06 July 2006, 22:28   #27

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Ok Alex, let's give it a miss this weekend (unless the weather takes an amazing turn for the better!) and re-arrange for when things look a bit better. Hopefully, we'll get a bit of a crowd together then.