Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 July 2006, 17:17   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
And it's not too cheap either
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 July 2006, 17:31   #22
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Who's On for It?

Alex - would you recommend keeping to Skomer / Skokholm / St Brides Bay, in case the weather gets a bit rough?

I know the weather's looking a bit dodgy at the moment, but to get an idea on numbers, is anyone interested in meeting up for a spin this weekend?
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 July 2006, 03:30   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 791
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
Sunday is looking to be the iffy day right now (rain included) - the winds will be coming up from the SW.... depending on the strength, it may make getting through the heads a bit interesting.

Saturday looks ok, judging by the charts this morning... the wind will probably increase during the day from the SW, but it doesn't look like it'll be much more than 10 to 15knots at this time. Already though, it may skupper plans to either get down to Tenby or out to the Smalls. We may see the swell pick up a bit during the day too as the low creeps towards us (if you can call it that - it's not a sub 1000mb low).

The only thing we can do is see what it's like when we get down there I guess.

I am still up for it as long as I am able to get my fuel line replaced - unfortunately it's the main line that runs between the filter and console, which means removing the spiral-wrap stuff for the length of the boat..... planning to start this tonight, so as long as it stays dry it'll be done by tomorrow evening.

Jono's been quiet - are you still coming down by water? - if so, do you need a hand with fuel arrangements?

-Alex
__________________
Flickr Photos
Youtube Videos
Alex Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 July 2006, 08:14   #24
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
i have just spoken with brad and looked at the latest weather forecast, it is looking like dark cloud, rain and reasonably windy both days now with quite a drop in the temperature and with potentially some sunny spells.

if we did not have the kids with us we would love to get out in the rougher stuff

We would rather come down when we know it is going to be a good weather window as it is a few miles but we want to see pembroke in all its glory.

we will see if we can find another weekend when we have a good weather window and can make more of a weekend of it

__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 July 2006, 17:32   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Milford Haven
Boat name: Various
Make: Commercial
Length: 10m +
Engine: Screw / Voith / Jets
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 791
Send a message via MSN to Alex Brown
Yeah Hugh, I agree - Sunday is not looking at all good right now, and they seem to be bringing the bad stuff into the latter half of Saturday now too.

It 'may' be fine, but from your point of view, it could be a completely wasted journey if the weather doesn't play ball. See http://videos.ribseadrive.co.uk/cruise_20-05-06/ for what it's like when there's a bit of a swell with 10 to 15knots or so of wind.

I only got the fuel line this afternoon after hunting around the local chandlers so I won't be on the water now until probably lunchtime on Saturday, plus Peter24/7 is having his engine serviced, and boat antifouled now too, so that would be another boat down.

No posts from Jono? - I assume he's not going to come down now given the current forecast.

-Alex
__________________
Flickr Photos
Youtube Videos
Alex Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 July 2006, 18:25   #26
Member
 
Hugh Jardon's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Reading, Hants
Boat name: Juicy
Make: Sealine F43
Length: 10m +
Engine: 2 x 370hp
MMSI: TBC
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,882
sorry i got a pm from jono


he has a job on now on the saturday but the weather not looking good so not sure if he is still down on the sunday, drop him a pm
__________________
Hugh Jardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 July 2006, 18:28   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,298
Ok Alex, let's give it a miss this weekend (unless the weather takes an amazing turn for the better!) and re-arrange for when things look a bit better. Hopefully, we'll get a bit of a crowd together then.
__________________

__________________
Downhilldai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.