Old 15 July 2003, 12:10   #21
Ian

Town: Morfa Nefyn, Gwynedd
Boat name: Black Jack
Make: Pro Sport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 250hp 4/
NWR August

As it's just over 5 weeks to go, could do with knowing numbers now for the NWR August 'Meet & Cruise'.
Please let me know how many people, if you are bringing a rib or require seats and if you want to camp, B&B or hotel. If bringing a rib, how many spare seats will you have available?
Will you be arriving Friday PM or Saturday AM, and are you leaving Sunday or Bank Holiday Monday?

Looking at getting details of accomodation available out next week on this thread.
Old 29 July 2003, 17:34   #22
Ian

Aug 23/24

Here are two B&B's and a campsite local to Conwy Marina/Slip, courtesy of Ged.
Directions given for all and some illustrate costs.

www.conwytouringpark.com

www.carinyaguesthouse.co.uk
www.groesinn.com

Book your own accomodation and post when you will be arriving, Friday PM or Saturday AM.

Cheers
Ian
Old 04 August 2003, 15:58   #23

Town: Shropshire
Boat name: She's Gorn!
Make: No boat
Length: no boat
Engine: Nada
NW Ribsters II

Well, from David's pictures on the gallery, it seems you had a good weekend. After a day back at work, perhaps it's time to start looking forward to the next one!

Ian, it seems you're making most of the arrangements, what is planned for the boats? Where are you launching, parking cars/trailers? Are you recovering each day or berthing in the marina?

Regards,

Dave
Old 04 August 2003, 16:56   #24
Ian

It was a good weekend. We didn't get to where we wanted to go due to health, technical and bruised passengers but still good fun. Great to meet up with Graeme (MeMe) and a good BBQ with Jahno Saturday evening. Nice pic's DM. CH hasn't changed has he?

Anglesey weekend will be launching from Conwy slip unless you are in Caernarfon or Beaumaris, which is where two people have indicated is their prefered point. Boats can be moored in Conwy Marina or trailered to Ged's home for overnight storage.
I suggest wherever you launch from we all meet up at Beaumaris pier/jetty as it saves the trip to Conwy if you are launching elsewhere. Also I am picking two friends up from the island and this is a good spot. It also allows for a full circumnavigation of Anglesey.
I'll start on the details and post in the near future. Let's just hope this weather lasts for the next three weeks.
For the week before I will not have access to a PC so will make sure details are posted before then. I'll also send my mobile number to anyone who hasn't already got it who PM's me. If I haven't already got your mobile, send it through as we found this very useful to find people lost or if delays occur.

One favour I have to ask is, does anyone have a SEAT which the little woman can use? She isn't coming if she has to sit on the tubes again. lol
Old 04 August 2003, 20:35   #25

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Anglesey circumnavigation

Ian
This is to confirm my attendance on the Anglesey week-end. Since I'm staying on the island at my girlfriend's it makes sense for me to launch from Beaumaris on Saturday morning rather than Conwy. Just let me know what time etc. My mobile no. is 07768 153 386. Can't remember if you sent me yours by email, but can you anyway please. Still haven't worked out this PM testing system yet. I know Beaumaris quite well but I've never launched a boat there. Is slipway easy to find and is there parking for trailers?

Phil Davies
Old 04 August 2003, 20:44   #26
Ian

Phil, just PM'd you my mobile. If you can't open it let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.
Beaumaris has a slip next to the pier/jetty. I don't know about trailer/car parking. Clarky can you help Phil on this one as you mentioned you may be launching from there?
Looks like a 09:00 departure from Conwy meeting up at Beaumaris for a 10:00 departure anti-clockwise round Anglesey. Stopping off wherever we fancy en route to Holyhead for fuel/lunch then down west coast to the bar (Caernarfon that is not a pub). Dave Griffiths has his rib there and may be joining us so he could peel off and the rest continue to Beaumaris where you can recover. Details will be refined in time but I am hoping to do the circumnavigation on the Saturday leaving Sunday for some local cruising. As usual depends totally on the weather.
Old 05 August 2003, 10:49   #27

Phil,

Beaumaris has a good concrete slip next to the pier/lifeboat station. You can launch at pretty much any state of tide except around low springs. There is good parking for boat and trailer on the green for £2/day or some people park at the top of the beach. Overnight storage is a problem however. I will probably leave my boat at ABC Powermarine at Gallows Point. However, for short stays they have a minimun charge of £20!
If you do launch at Beamaris, could you help me out as I'll be alone on Saturday? There's nowhere near to tie up once you've launched so it's a two man job. One on boat, one to park car.

Ian, on Saturday I'll have a spare seat for your better half. The tribe will be with me on Sunday so can't help you then.

Kind regards,
Dave
Old 05 August 2003, 12:32   #28
Ian

Thanks for that Dave, she is very pleased to know she hasn't got to tube it for the day!
Once you've launched at Beaumaris can't you tie upto the jetty/pier? We tied upto it on the Conwy Pwllheli trip in June, if it's the slip I think you mean.
Old 05 August 2003, 13:00   #29
Ian

I forgot to add that over Saturday night the rib's can be moored in Conwy Marina, or if there's enough room, there's a free pontoon outside the marina.

We are upto 7 rib's and 17 people for so far.
Old 05 August 2003, 13:36   #30

Ian,
You can tie up there but, if the slip is busy you block it for any other user until you've walked back along the pier. An alternative is to float the boat off the trailer and anchor in the shallow water by the slip. I can do it alone but it's easier with two.

Regards,
Dave
Old 05 August 2003, 18:59   #31

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Dave
Thanks for info on Beaumaris slipway etc. I'll definitely be launching there Sat.a.m. and will of course give you a hand. My mobile no. is on my last posting above. Perhaps you could PM me yours.

Phil
Old 06 August 2003, 12:14   #32
Ian

Fuel

If you have diesel engines on this trip you have no problem refuelling in Holyhead. However if you require unleaded they don't have it!
So, I suggest that sufficient is loaded for the total trip + reserve or you take fuel containers which can be emptied into the tanks at Holyhead and the 'Road Support' vehicle can be employed to refill them at a local petrol station.
The total circumnavigation from Conwy to Conwy is ~100nm. Do your own calc's for fuel consumption on your rib.

We have a vehicle available due to Kevin Goulding having a cracked rib (in his chest, not sinking) and he has offered to support the cruise on the road.
Old 14 August 2003, 09:31   #33

Town: Sunny Ynys Môn
Boat name: Windchill 2
Make: Ring Powercraft 685
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 175
Anglesey weekend

Sorry, I've been away for as while!!

What are the final details? I live on the Island, and can launch almost anywhere. Would love to join in.
Old 14 August 2003, 16:55   #34
Ian

Bloody Hell Richard!!! Talk about last minute.
I'm rushing out now but will PM later with details.

Cheers
Ian
Old 14 August 2003, 19:27   #35
Ian

Richard (Windchill), I've just PM'd with some detail and phone numbers.
My last night online so future contact will have to be by mobile, which you should all have by now, or I'll phone through and ask someone to post to the thread.

Last minute confirmations give us 7 ribs and 20 people. If you know you will have spare seats, especially on Saturday please post here tonight.
Old 14 August 2003, 19:49   #36
Ian

Forgot to add that if you are launching at Conwy bring your boat insurance documents with you as they may be asked for when launching.

Dave Griffiths, can you give me a call as I can't find you on RIBnet to PM you. Thanks
Old 18 August 2003, 08:30   #37

Fuel

Is everybody OK for fuel? With enough forewarning, we could probably arrange a shuttle service for those requiring it.

Rhosneigr has the nearest pumps to the beach, but his fuel is expensive I think.

Also, could arrange lunch at Holyhead Sailing Club if anyone interested.
Old 18 August 2003, 10:36   #38

Town: Kidderminster
Boat name: Hawkeye
Make: Aircraft 6.5m
Engine: Evinrude E-Tec 175
MMSI: 235020633
Send a message via Yahoo to John Firth Send a message via Skype™ to John Firth
Holyhead Sailing Club

Put me down for lunch, I know that the food there is excellent ( and the Guiness!!)

Cheers
John
Old 18 August 2003, 12:47   #39

Lunch

You are all welcome to use the club's facilities as guests; however, Stan will not be able to offer a full meal service as he will be busy preparing for the summer ball on Saturday evening. He has apologised profusely, and offered to make us samdwiches and do chips if that suits. The bar, of course, will be in full flow!!

Have spoken to Ian about this already. All we need to do is confirm numbers/time on Saturday.
Old 20 August 2003, 22:20   #40
Ian

Aim to reach Holyhead @13:00, allows a one hour stop over for food & fuel.
Now 10 ribs listed, weather is looking good with calm conditions forecast. If this is the case it will be an anti-clockwise route but final decision will be made Friday night/Saturday AM.