tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2012, 21:17   #944

Town: Coppull / Lligwy bay.
Boat name: Summer Blues
Make: Ribquest
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 90
MMSI: 235092012
evening all, not staying up late like last night, just want to mention when i googled earth with Ty Calch it came up Cemaes Bay not Caernarfon for start off point ?
regards...........Shaun........
i don't have a statement after every comment but i'm working on it ?
Old 09 April 2012, 21:23   #945

Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunholland View Post
evening all, not staying up late like last night, just want to mention when i googled earth with Ty Calch it came up Cemaes Bay not Caernarfon for start off point ?
I just googled it under images and Pikey comes up and if you go on some pages there are even more strange characters
Old 09 April 2012, 21:35   #946

Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunholland
Call me tomorrow if you can't find it
B.S. LEADER
Old 09 April 2012, 21:38   #947

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by discomick View Post
I just googled it under images and Pikey comes up and if you go on some pages there are even more strange characters
Eh!! What've I done now?
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2012, 21:41   #948

Town: Coppull / Lligwy bay.
Boat name: Summer Blues
Make: Ribquest
Engine: Suzuki DF 90
MMSI: 235092012
cheers Tony T, just let me know best time for tomorrow to call you.
Old 09 April 2012, 21:42   #949

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunholland
cheers Tony T, just let me know best time for tomorrow to call you.
Anytime shaun
B.S. LEADER
Old 09 April 2012, 21:45   #950

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunholland View Post
try this bontnewydd or caernarfon golf club
Old 10 April 2012, 11:54   #951

Town: Oldham
Boat name: Miss Isle
Make: Solent 6.9
Engine: 225 optimax
We're travelling down Friday night, and stopping at the travel lodge in Canaervon, three things now occur to me:

1. Can we leave boats and trailers with Chris on Friday night
2. Once all the boats are off the trailers and we are coming back, how on earth will he work out which trailer belongs to which boat, do we need to stick summat on em?
3. Clearly Sat night is all sorted, what about a small to medium swill friday night? Any suggestions for a venue?
Old 10 April 2012, 12:32   #952

[QUOTE=neil.mccrirrick;455521]We're travelling down Friday night, and stopping at the travel lodge in Canaervon, three things now occur to me:

QUOTE]

Chris wont take S.A.B.S. members sorry mate i have got to him 1st sort yea own place out, Chris will only take Black Shadows seeing as we have 2 members who keep their Ribs with him
B.S. LEADER
Old 10 April 2012, 12:57   #953

Town: Oldham
Boat name: Miss Isle
Make: Solent 6.9
Engine: 225 optimax
I've a call out, I've explained you BS crowd are a rowdy lot and need some crowd control
Old 10 April 2012, 18:15   #954

Town: brierley hill
Boat name: rocknrolla
Make: osprey
Engine: outboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick View Post
We're travelling down Friday night, and stopping at the travel lodge in Canaervon, three things now occur to me:

2. Once all the boats are off the trailers and we are coming back, how on earth will he work out which trailer belongs to which boat, do we need to stick summat on em?
3. Clearly Sat night is all sorted, what about a small to medium swill friday night? Any suggestions for a venue?
darth vador is going to tell you all how its goin to be
Old 10 April 2012, 20:48   #955

Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
still no sign of the cardinal bouy, looks like will have to rely on Nat123 to show us all the way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4060128.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	176.5 KB
ID:	67059  
Old 10 April 2012, 20:48   #956

Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Orca
Engine: 200hp Honda
Ty Calch Launching arrangements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick View Post

Hi Neil, we can store approx 8 additional Boats within the Yard, so that should cover most boats that are stopping for the Party. Ive made arrangements with our 2 neighbouring Farms (approx 3/4 mile away) that have boat storage and accomadation facilitys to store any others so need for anyone to worry about storage.

Its not unusual for us to be launching around 40/50 boats in any one day, so we are used to storing the Trailers and then later identifing them as the Boat returns, (so far anyway!).

LAUNCHING ARRANGEMENTS:

Our carpark / setting down area is fairly small and its easy for it to get congested causing delays to passing traffic etc, we are well used to manageing this and with your cooperation it is unlikely to be a problem.

We will have a man (Kevin) in a high viz jacket directing all as they arrive. The plan is for all vehicles to unhitch there Boats swiftly upon arrival and then park up as directed, your boat will then be towed by Tractor on to the beach immediately in front of the carpark, and you can then prepare your ships at your leisure without causing any congestion to any further arrivals.
When your happy to be launched just signal to Kevin or one of the Drivers and we will take you down to Launch.

Returning: This is the bit we cant quantify! if the weather is good and everyone makes it around the island we could have a lot of boats wanting to get out at the same time, the Tractors will bring the trailers down and make light work of the recovery but it will be important for each recovered boat to clear the carpark asap. Boats on overnight storage will be brought up the beach but wont be able to go into the yard untill all resident boats are home.
Chances are some boats will return earlier and so this will take some 'Weight' out of the main arrivals.

If anybody needs any further help, or has any questions dont hesitate to get in touch on 07917859345 and I'll take care of it.

We hope the weather gods are kind to us and everyone has a brilliant and safe time.

Looking forward to seeing you all then, Regards Chris.
Old 10 April 2012, 20:54   #957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christycalch View Post
Hi Neil, we can store approx 8 additional Boats within the Yard, so that should cover most boats that are stopping for the Party. Ive made arrangements with our 2 neighbouring Farms (approx 3/4 mile away) that have boat storage and accomadation facilitys to store any others so need for anyone to worry about storage.

Its not unusual for us to be launching around 40/50 boats in any one day, so we are used to storing the Trailers and then later identifing them as the Boat returns, (so far anyway!).

LAUNCHING ARRANGEMENTS:

Our carpark / setting down area is fairly small and its easy for it to get congested causing delays to passing traffic etc, we are well used to manageing this and with your cooperation it is unlikely to be a problem.

We will have a man (Kevin) in a high viz jacket directing all as they arrive. The plan is for all vehicles to unhitch there Boats swiftly upon arrival and then park up as directed, your boat will then be towed by Tractor on to the beach immediately in front of the carpark, and you can then prepare your ships at your leisure without causing any congestion to any further arrivals.
When your happy to be launched just signal to Kevin or one of the Drivers and we will take you down to Launch.

Returning: This is the bit we cant quantify! if the weather is good and everyone makes it around the island we could have a lot of boats wanting to get out at the same time, the Tractors will bring the trailers down and make light work of the recovery but it will be important for each recovered boat to clear the carpark asap. Boats on overnight storage will be brought up the beach but wont be able to go into the yard untill all resident boats are home.
Chances are some boats will return earlier and so this will take some 'Weight' out of the main arrivals.

If anybody needs any further help, or has any questions dont hesitate to get in touch on 07917859345 and I'll take care of it.

We hope the weather gods are kind to us and everyone has a brilliant and safe time.

Chris, can I be 1st to launch, don't want to get mixed up with the BSG

and don't be letting rocknrolla near our rib with the black gloss
Old 10 April 2012, 20:58   #958

Town: wirral
Boat name: midlife Too
Make: COBRA
Engine: 15O E-TEC
MMSI: one day !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christycalch

LAUNCHING ARRANGEMENTS:

Nice one Chris, well prepared as usual, can't wait for the day, signed capt grey cloud. Lol
Old 10 April 2012, 21:02   #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
Chris, can I be 1st to launch, don't want to get mixed up with the BSG

and don't be letting rocknrolla near our rib with the black gloss
You needs lots of wine gums waiting for everyone
Old 10 April 2012, 21:10   #960

as the weather gods were saving all the good stuff to the 28th, we had a drive round some of the island yesterday, looking at possible stops for a break. I know some of you know the place like the back of your hand, but another view don't hurt!
Cemmaes Bay looks favourite to us, loads of room on the beech, toilets and cafe next to the beech and pubs and fuel close by as well.
Bull Bay looks good too, but not as much space as Cemmaes, pub, toilets etc all close by.
Amlwch has plenty of shelter, pubs etc close to the harbour, but a bit industrial.
Lynas Bay is sheltered, toilets just up the road and sometimes an ice creme van!
Holyhead, plenty of shelter, but they charge visitors for mooring
Trearddur Bay, shelter and plenty of space, I think the petrol station is still open by the beech?

I'm sure there are plenty more, and some with much better ideas than me, still it should give those who aren't sure an idea that there are places to shelter etc.