Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 20 November 2011, 15:13   #31
RIBnet supporter
 
mick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 90Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny
hadd, tony t, Pikey dave, and myself will be launching from Chris's at Ty Calch, it works out a lot cheaper and is a better launching and storing ribs option for us.
I noticed that on the last evening venue at the Gazelle that it was a bit awkward for some people to get to the Gazelle, due to most of them having places in on near Caernarfon. So I was wondering would it be a better option to have the evening bash in Caernarfon itself, what do most of you think ?? if the majority want Caernarfon I would be willing to pick anyone up from Menai Anglesey and then you could sort out Taxi's back if this helps.

Please put put down which is best for you.

Many thanks,

Steve.
That was going to be one of my questions over night storage and parking is my main concern as regards digs I will go with what's easiest even up for camping got a big BBQ and an oz-pig but will fit in.
__________________
mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2011, 16:26   #32
Member
 
IndyR1's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hull
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 60 2st
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 195
I will also go with Chris's at Ty Calch, not that I've used it yet but seems likely to be an easier place to all gather and by all acounts Chris offers a very helpful service.
As for the legistics of getting there and staying over, I have not figured that out yet.
Caernarfon seems a good option to me so I'd be fine with that choice.
Si
__________________

__________________
IndyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2011, 03:50   #33
Member
 
IndyR1's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hull
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 60 2st
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 195
Interestingly there is an article on a record set for going round Anglesey below which measured 68nm.

Anglesey RIB World Record

It might not be as far as first thought?

Si.
__________________
IndyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2011, 03:55   #34
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
That cuts off every bay from headland to headland. Not really much of a scenic cruise doing it that way. I had meant 85 m not nm and guess we'll skirt in towards most bigger bays.
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2011, 04:54   #35
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,585
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
That cuts off every bay from headland to headland. Not really much of a scenic cruise doing it that way. I had meant 85 m not nm and guess we'll skirt in towards most bigger bays.
& skirt OUT around the Stacks
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2011, 06:22   #36
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerny View Post
hadd, tony t, Pikey dave, and myself will be launching from Chris's at Ty Calch, it works out a lot cheaper and is a better launching and storing ribs option for us.
I noticed that on the last evening venue at the Gazelle that it was a bit awkward for some people to get to the Gazelle, due to most of them having places in on near Caernarfon. So I was wondering would it be a better option to have the evening bash in Caernarfon itself, what do most of you think ?? if the majority want Caernarfon I would be willing to pick anyone up from Menai Anglesey and then you could sort out Taxi's back if this helps.

Please put put down which is best for you.

Many thanks,

Steve.
Does this mean i have to cook breakfast again Stevie boy or is it your turn
because if you are, i dont want any of them frankfarter thingy's
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2011, 09:31   #37
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
& skirt OUT around the Stacks
LOL we didn't actually....and found out why you should. Reflected waves meeting to form rising mountains, then vast holes appear as they pull apart that just drop the boat 6ft or more. Unlike a big sea in one direction, you cant see either coming. Quite unnerving. It wasn't even rough that day!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2011, 12:35   #38
Member
 
hadd's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Manchester
Boat name: "mr Jingles"
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 130 Etec
MMSI: 235074968
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,388
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Does this mean i have to cook breakfast again Stevie boy or is it your turn
because if you are, i dont want any of them frankfarter thingy's
You will need to get kerny out of is pit first to cook breakfast Tony, probably suffering from a hangover from the from night before
__________________
hadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2011, 13:36   #39
RIBnet supporter
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 7,585
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
LOL we didn't actually....and found out why you should. Reflected waves meeting to form rising mountains, then vast holes appear as they pull apart that just drop the boat 6ft or more. Unlike a big sea in one direction, you cant see either coming. Quite unnerving. It wasn't even rough that day!
When we came back on the fishing weekend, I remember lashing down all the gear on the boat whilst still in Holyhead & getting a couple of comments about the lengths I was going to from "certain" parties. I then brought us a good mile outside the overfall area as marked on the chart & it was still.. ahem "interesting"
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4: See rule#5
Pikey Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21 November 2011, 15:21   #40
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
When we came back on the fishing weekend, I remember lashing down all the gear on the boat whilst still in Holyhead & getting a couple of comments about the lengths I was going to from "certain" parties. I then brought us a good mile outside the overfall area as marked on the chart & it was still.. ahem "interesting"
And you still managed to put the kettle on and make tea, served in bone china cups, while pikelet dished out home made fruit cake, and all this,,, while we were waiting for hadd to catch up
__________________

__________________
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.