Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 15 August 2012, 16:00   #111
RIBnet supporter
 
yoyo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warrington/Anglesey
Make: Menai 480SR.
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsoooooooo 70hp
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 665
High tide for Sat 18th Aug is 12:01 BST at both Moelfre and Menai Bridge. Remember Caernarfon is approximately about 1hr earlier for those making the return trip.
__________________

__________________
Yoyo.
---------------------------------------------------
life's full of ups "n" downs.
yoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2012, 16:12   #112
Member
 
bradosh's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: manchester
Boat name: rib tickler
Make: ribeye 650s
Length: 6m +
Engine: yami 150
MMSI: 235072416
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo
High tide for Sat 18th Aug is 12:01 BST at both Moelfre and Menai Bridge. Remember Caernarfon is approximately about 1hr earlier for those making the return trip.
Let's hope the sun comes out for all of us
__________________

__________________
bradosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2012, 16:49   #113
Member
 
Silverfox's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mallorca
Boat name: Amaroo
Make: Jeanneau & Seago 2.6
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 200hp & 4hp
MMSI: 235104224
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 543
We're off from Menai bridge - what time should we meet there, who is going from there??
__________________
Will.

"By skill not force."
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2012, 16:58   #114
Member
 
neil.mccrirrick's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Oldham
Boat name: Nemanda
Make: Aluminium
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp Tohatsu
MMSI: 235065639
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 869
How about we aim to leave ty calch for tenish. Then get to Porth daniel and raft up for 10.30ish wait there till 11 then leave. If we cruise that will mean puffin easily for 11 and then onto Moelfre how's that? Does that work. That should mean people can catch up with us at ty calch, Porth daniel, or puffin, if you miss all that you need some serious help with navigation and time keeping

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
__________________
If you don't like my opinion, I have others.
neil.mccrirrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2012, 17:28   #115
Member
 
pow2gran's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Newcastle, Staffs
Boat name: Just Looking
Make: Ribcraft 5.85
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140hp
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 384
We plan to be at Chris's about 9.30 - 10.00 and will have a steady run up the straits. Looking forward to seeing you all. Weather is looking Ok although there could be a shower or two with not too strong a wind

Nick
__________________
pow2gran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2012, 03:56   #116
Member
 
Silverfox's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mallorca
Boat name: Amaroo
Make: Jeanneau & Seago 2.6
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 200hp & 4hp
MMSI: 235104224
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.mccrirrick
How about we aim to leave ty calch for tenish. Then get to Porth daniel and raft up for 10.30ish wait there till 11 then leave. If we cruise that will mean puffin easily for 11 and then onto Moelfre how's that? Does that work. That should mean people can catch up with us at ty calch, Porth daniel, or puffin, if you miss all that you need some serious help with navigation and time keeping

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
Sounds like a plan to me.
__________________
Will.

"By skill not force."
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2012, 04:12   #117
Member
 
IndyR1's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hull
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 60 2st
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 195
Looks fairly windy Friday so hope sea state drops for Saturday.
Will those of us leaving from Chris's be ok getting back across the bar if we can get around?
I'll be Hoping to follow someone that has managed the full round trip before.
Hoping to go out Sunday as well so there is a possibility if we can't get round to try again Sunday. Sunday looks the quiter day weather wise.
__________________
Si
IndyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2012, 04:49   #118
Member
 
Silverfox's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mallorca
Boat name: Amaroo
Make: Jeanneau & Seago 2.6
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 200hp & 4hp
MMSI: 235104224
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyR1
Looks fairly windy Friday so hope sea state drops for Saturday.
Will those of us leaving from Chris's be ok getting back across the bar if we can get around?
I'll be Hoping to follow someone that has managed the full round trip before.
Hoping to go out Sunday as well so there is a possibility if we can't get round to try again Sunday. Sunday looks the quiter day weather wise.
Regarding Saturdays weather looks ok, off shore wind should flatten out he sea a little.

Tides are springs and I went over the bar Tuesday evening a low tide on heaps and it was very bouncy with relatively light airs. It is recommended not to cross +/- 3 hours either side of low tide, so I guess it depends on when you get there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-717923888.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	71239   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4102148089.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	71240  
__________________
Will.

"By skill not force."
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2012, 05:40   #119
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: Llanfair pg
Boat name: just about to change
Make: Aircraft
Length: 8m +
Engine: Outboard
MMSI: 13
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyR1 View Post
Looks fairly windy Friday so hope sea state drops for Saturday.
Will those of us leaving from Chris's be ok getting back across the bar if we can get around?
HW Llanddwyn is 10.30 hours
So for the next 5 hours or more (if the winds predicted stay the same) you will have wind against tide
As said 'Springs' so really you don't want to be there.
Although the 'new' channel is deeper in most places than before it is narrower
The Ebb will be at its strongest at 13.00 to 14.00 ish.
If the Plan is to go to Moelfre then circumnavigate anti clockwise
Again if the winds predicted stay the same, shelter will be ok until you get around the Stacks
Shouldn't be too bad along the West side as it should be wind with tide (ebb) but as said, the Bar is not a place to be before or after 3 hours either side if you are not familiar with the place!
__________________
www.seawake.co.uk
kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2012, 08:43   #120
Member
 
IndyR1's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hull
Make: Bombard
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yam 60 2st
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawasaki View Post
HW Llanddwyn is 10.30 hours
So for the next 5 hours or more (if the winds predicted stay the same) you will have wind against tide
As said 'Springs' so really you don't want to be there.
Although the 'new' channel is deeper in most places than before it is narrower
The Ebb will be at its strongest at 13.00 to 14.00 ish.
If the Plan is to go to Moelfre then circumnavigate anti clockwise
Again if the winds predicted stay the same, shelter will be ok until you get around the Stacks
Shouldn't be too bad along the West side as it should be wind with tide (ebb) but as said, the Bar is not a place to be before or after 3 hours either side if you are not familiar with the place!
Basically then, those of us going from Chris's place will not be able to get round anti-clockwise as it would be outside the 3 hours by the time we get back to the bar since the action at Moelfre is not till 1pm.
__________________

__________________
Si
IndyR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.