Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 23 June 2012, 06:18   #171
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie123 View Post
I thought it was called off ???
common nat, get with it, that was from 07:44 yesterday

Cookee is looking for a launch site "up north" for tommorow, any ideas
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 06:49   #172
Member
 
Silverfox's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mallorca
Boat name: Amaroo
Make: Jeanneau & Seago 2.6
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard 200hp & 4hp
MMSI: 235104224
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton

Cookee, what a shame after all the hard work in preparation, bloody weather

if you can post how to make a donation to the charities, I would like to donate what I would have spent in fuel to get there and topping the rib up for the day out we have missed, I guess someone should benefit from the weather
Well said.
__________________

__________________
Will.

"By skill not force."
Silverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 07:50   #173
RIBnet supporter
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Liverpool
Boat name: ship called DIGNATTY
Make: Europa Sport 3.3m
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 20HP
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 259
Send a message via Skype™ to Natalie123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton View Post
common nat, get with it, that was from 07:44 yesterday

Cookee is looking for a launch site "up north" for tommorow, any ideas
I am sure Liverpool Sailing Club will be happy to let him launch from their slipway - I can ask :-) He can also store the boat, vehicles etc..

Let me know asap
Natalie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 08:00   #174
RIBnet supporter
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Liverpool
Boat name: ship called DIGNATTY
Make: Europa Sport 3.3m
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 20HP
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 259
Send a message via Skype™ to Natalie123
Just checking tide times for tomorrow from LSA Season Diary and they state :-

HIGH - AM 02.48 - PM 15:19 (9.1M)
LOW - AM 09.32 - PM 21.36 (1.4M).

Weather Report :
XCWeather - Forecast for Liverpool Airport
Natalie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 08:53   #175
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL
Agreed.

Just landed on Anglesey.
Now you tell me ... I have just got back from picking my prop up from Ty Calch ...we arrived there at 11 just in time to see stul and Telcowilliam launching ... Thanks for the offer of a ride mike but looking at the wind and seeing as I had left my BS at home I don't think i was dressed for the occasion. Fair play to you both hope you have a good.
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 09:28   #176
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony t View Post
Now you tell me ... I have just got back from picking my prop up from Ty Calch ...we arrived there at 11 just in time to see stul and Telcowilliam launching ... Thanks for the offer of a ride mike but looking at the wind and seeing as I had left my BS at home I don't think i was dressed for the occasion. Fair play to you both hope you have a good.
I thought you lot in the BSG were stitched into your BS's
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 10:52   #177
Member
 
tony t's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: west mids /tywyn
Boat name: HAWK
Make: RIBCRAFT/ Suzuki 250
Length: 7m +
Engine: Tohatsu 3.8/15hpsuzi
MMSI: 235086594
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Caton

I thought you lot in the BSG were stitched into your BS's
Nooo I had the operation to have it removed last week
__________________
When you get to the end of your rope..tie a knot and hang on..!!
Aberdovey Ribs
B.I.O.C.Member
B.S. LEADER
tony t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 13:43   #178
Member
 
telcowilliam's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Bay Bar Dos
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: 235092178
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 507
No problem tony, weather wasn't great, there was a French sailing boat in the straits where it shouldn't have been (over sand banks) I realised he was in trouble so went over, his engine had failed, he was anchored and tide was rising so in no imminent danger. With the wind and tide running it wasn't safe to tow until tide slackened. I asked if anybody wanted taking back to land but they declined. I told them I would come back at 1pm (high tide slack) to tow them into Victoria dock. They then called lifeboat and big lifeboat had to come up from Porth dinllaen, must have cost the RNLI a small fortune!! At least we got to see an unusual type of boat on the straits
__________________
There is no bigger hole than the sea within which to throw your money.....anon
telcowilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 13:52   #179
RIBnet supporter
 
Chris Caton's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Wirral & Caernarfon
Boat name: That's Enuff
Make: Revenger & Avon SR4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Honda 150HP & 50HP
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by telcowilliam View Post
No problem tony, weather wasn't great, there was a French sailing boat in the straits where it shouldn't have been (over sand banks) I realised he was in trouble so went over, his engine had failed, he was anchored and tide was rising so in no imminent danger. With the wind and tide running it wasn't safe to tow until tide slackened. I asked if anybody wanted taking back to land but they declined. I told them I would come back at 1pm (high tide slack) to tow them into Victoria dock. They then called lifeboat and big lifeboat had to come up from Porth dinllaen, must have cost the RNLI a small fortune!! At least we got to see an unusual type of boat on the straits
any photos Mick, your usually on the ball with pics
__________________
Chris Caton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2012, 13:57   #180
Member
 
telcowilliam's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Caernarfon
Boat name: Bay Bar Dos
Make: Tornado
Length: 6m +
Engine: Honda 130
MMSI: 235092178
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 507
No chris, I took two but they not very good from distance, and I still dont know how to upload them onto here!! Tomorrow looks a better day for us none BS members
__________________

__________________
telcowilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.