Originally Posted by Chris
17th & 18th is a possible for me, also it coincides with a 10 meter tide at Bristol which means I could get out at 7am and head down the Bristol channel. Takes about 3-4 hours to get to Lundy so would arrive at around 11am.
The other option may be to leave from Cardiff a bit later on.
Thanks for the info Chris and Steve, sounds like Bristol is out.Also Watchet may be iffy,they have an automated system that opperates the lock/marina gates which because of the huge tidal flows can be a little unreliable timeing wise.Although I will speak to the Harbour master and get some feedback.
That brings us back to Appledore, if we do a stopover there, we could do a Lundy run on one day,and a North Devon coast run on the other[probably run east this time ??]
It would mean booking accomadation in Appledore,which we did last time without any drama and sorting out some moorings ovrernight,again something Chris sorted last time.As to timeing looking at the tides,the weekend of the 24th-25th seems best suited to our needs i.e traveling times ect.
I would be gratefull for you thoughts,as to the suitability of this plan! the details can be sorted later.
On a general note I would agree entirley with 250 knots,if we go as a group we stay as a group! and the pace is dictated by the slowest members craft.Comfort,and safety being paramount.It is a great destination,and as usual weather is always the decideing factor,if for any reason members decided they were unsure of thier crafts abilitys I'm sure we could accomodate them on the other Ribs.