Old 28 December 2008, 12:53   #31
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Testing - went ok, if you call a reliable with no hesitation 3K rpm a success .I am 90% sure it's my spark advance is on the wonk (to use the technical terminology! ) becuse I discovered the locking screw and adjuster were rattling loose whilst out on test.

Unfortunately 3K amounts to about 12 knots, so that combined with various family visits
got in the way of a repair, hence my non appearance this morning, so I may try another trip to Balloch on Tues.... if I can find a timing strobe (Thankfully found timing settings for it at cranking speed so should be able to adjust it in the garage) Also this is the first chance I've had to get to a PC, so couldn't let you know.

Hope it went well for those that made it.

9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2008, 13:05   #32
Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
We just came back up the road from visiting at Xmas and weren't intending to go out today. However the weather was just too nice and flat.
So a quick blast from Oban down to Easdale for a bite to eat , blast over to the Garvellachs to visit the monastery, across to and through the Corryvreckan and then back up via the Grey Dogs and Fladda to Oban just as the sun set.
Unfortunately both boats on the trip had no camera on board so no pics. had the new Fladen suits on, very toasty and a bargain at around 65 each.
How did the Lomond trip go?

BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 December 2008, 16:32   #33
Boat name: SEAMATE
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40 hp 2 Stroke
G mac and myself turned up but not without problems, seized throttle on one of my engines, then lost carb connecting linkage in the drink. Made up temp repair with fuel hose, unfortunately one of my kids was fed up and cold, so I returned to balloch, but other friend in speed boat went up the loch with G mac, hopefully next time will be better, now need to look for carb linkage.

kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 January 2009, 05:28   #34
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: Pacific22
Make: Halmatic
Length: 6m +
Engine: 204hp Turbo 4
MMSI: 235068452
That would have been my brother Andy (A Mac) im stuck down here in Plymouth just now

Need more Powa !!!!
G.Mac is offline   Reply With Quote