At low water keep right on way in, left on way out

Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 June 2011, 04:55   #12
Town: macclessfield
Boat name: Reach Out
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp Tohatsu EFI
I headed to the falls, but the old man said turn around when he saw it up close. So I dropped him and my son off and headed over the edge (outwards tide) my self... Lots of water and the canoes were playing in the middle under the bridge....

I turned around, sat the sib on the plane and headed back up the falls.... Just on the plane was not going to do the job. (plane is 10-11 knots).. WOT and up she went....

I later clocked the top speed of the sib with the three of us onboard with my GPS 19 knots. (stock original yami prop).

It was good to visit Scotland, friendly people, great road manners from other drivers..

Second night camping there was a gang of lads drinking until 4am... burning things and shouting, all adds to the fun....They were quiet the next day.....

simsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 June 2011, 03:18   #13
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Originally Posted by simsy View Post
Lots of water and the canoes were playing in the middle under the bridge....
I wandered through there near low water and still "below 2000rpm". Was making the dizzy heights of 1.1 knots (reckoned it was about 4-5 through the water) when one of the caonoes came over and told me the current was less over the other side. Having explained the running in & the rocks I'd rather not meet due to lack of grunt to manouver out of trouble, he politely asked if I could use my 30 seconds in 10 mins blast (that I was saving for a proper "oh sh!t" moment) to get out the way " 'coz we want to play"

The return journey was somewhat quicker!

9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote