Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 05 May 2005, 09:38   #271
Member
 
stroker1's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: STROKER-1
Length: under 3m
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 46
Would just like to wish you all a great weekend - whatever the weather and whatever you all decide!

The ThunderCats racing will be on at Ventnor, so if you do go ahead with the cruise, it would be great to see a few of you come past on your way home (if possible)

Either way, take care everyone, have a safe journey, an enjoyable journey and have a bevvie for me !!

All the best, John.

************************************************** ********
Xtreme Water Training.
www.xwts.co.uk
__________________

__________________
stroker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 10:11   #272
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,455
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker1
Would just like to wish you all a great weekend - whatever the weather and whatever you all decide!

The ThunderCats racing will be on at Ventnor, so if you do go ahead with the cruise, it would be great to see a few of you come past on your way home (if possible)

Either way, take care everyone, have a safe journey, an enjoyable journey and have a bevvie for me !!

All the best, John.

************************************************** ********
Xtreme Water Training.
www.xwts.co.uk
Thanks John, the weather will be the most deciding factor but I am sure that some will want to see the racing.

Just in case pls give us a tip how to find / recognise you so one can wave or wave back

Have a good day as well
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 12:12   #273
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,455
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
Has anybody else been looking at the weather for Saturday? Seems to be possibly West Force 5. Now I know that we are all tough ribsters but does it seem to be a good idea to be rounding Selsey my reckoning at about 11.00 ish just when the tide is turning to give wind over tide situation?
As we are approaching springs at around 11.00 ish the tide will be approximately 0.8 knot and by about 11.30 2.2 knots against us and the prevailing wind! I can imagine that it could get quite nasty around there.

At around 9.00/9.30 I reckon the tide would be with us, making for a more pleasant trip.

This is my current thinking open to suggestions and advice. Clealry the weather forecast may change and it is too early to decide, but just throwing this into the melting pot!

Martin
Phil & I tend to agree with Martin and suggest an earlier start. Also best to avoid Selsy Bill and take the slightly longer route via Outter Owers.

Can we suggest a meet at the Owers at 10:00

Paul, yes we would like to take up your kind offer and nominate you the leader of the Solent group. Can you please print out the lastest list and ensure that nobody is left behind.

From LApmton to the Owers it is 10 Nm
from the Owers to Nab Tower it is also 10 Nm but you will be no need to go up as far as Nab Tower only much earlier to set course on the Outter Owers

Channal 77 call sign RIBNET CRUISE

Have a safe an enjoyable crossing
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 12:42   #274
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,455
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
overnight mooring

This is how we see the overnight mooring

Visitor's mooring by the Harbour Master's office

The Jackeens - "Zebedee"
Martin & Anto - "Remedy"
Janet & Bill - "Juno"
Brucehawsker "Farfetched"
AY & Kathryn + 3 "Southcoast II"
it is 12.00 per rib and the harbour Master would prefer if one person could collect the monies and pay at his office


at the Arun View

Louise & Richard - "Blue Ice"
Simmons0 (David & Harry) - "Tombouy"
Scurvy_Crew & Ribald - "Pendragon"
Martyn & Ann - "Martann II"
Peter Smith & family
Benc + 5 "Intrepid" unless you are staying closer to the Harbour master's office
Roy Smith -


Littlehampton Marina

Steve Green + family - "Lynx"
Tony Hancock & family - "Seashells"
Phil & Tracy Chitty -"Galaxsea 2"
Andre & Wiesia - Seahawk 2
Aedge - "Fujimo"

The LAmpton Marina charges 2.00/meter

I do hope this is acceptable. I had asked the Harbour Master about security overnight and was told that they have never had any problems. So anybody wanting to make safe their ribs can still do so. Hopefully the necessary insurance is in hand ect. Also anyone wanting to have launch & recovery at the LAmpton marina should have valid insurance policy with them
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 12:50   #275
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Aylesbury/Lymington
Boat name: Farfetched
Make: Solent
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150hp Optimax
MMSI: 235021048
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 859
Can we now have a revised RV time at the Submarine Barrier, please, Paul?

Thanks

Bruce
__________________
brucehawsker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 13:29   #276
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Yo Bruce,

Just off the phone talking with Andre, we're reviewing/looking at the weather conditions and discussing the various options open to us.

More or less along the lines we talked about this morning bruce on the Dog & Bone.

Andre will up date ya all later .

happy camping

Paul
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 13:52   #277
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Midlands
Make: Nautique
Length: 6m +
Engine: PCM 5.7l
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 1,082
Quote:
When we went up the river it was low water so had to check the depth all the time. At one time I had to drop anchor to clear the water inlet cos my engine overheating alarm came on . There is a lot of muck in the water so watch the engine temperature.
Is this likely to happen to all of us Andre?
__________________
simmons0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 13:55   #278
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brittany/Portsmouth
Boat name: Merlin
Make: Solent 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: 200
MMSI: soon !
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons0
Is this likely to happen to all of us Andre?
No just 1.7 merc diesels


p
__________________
Happy New Resolutions!!! : RIBbing for the craic!!!
The Jackeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 14:12   #279
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,455
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons0
Is this likely to happen to all of us Andre?
I am pretty sure now that this was because Seahawk 2 was overnight on the pontoon by the slipway and at low water in that spot there is a lot and I mean a lot of muck. I probably picked up some then cos once I cleared the water intake it did not happen again. Mind you no harm in watching the engine temp gauge
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 May 2005, 14:40   #280
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portchester, Hants.
Length: no boat
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 584
Send a message via AIM to Aging Youth Send a message via Yahoo to Aging Youth
Portsmouth Contact

Hi Guys & Doll's

Always glad to help out, my contact number is 07761 864043.

I will be launching from the ECA in Langstone Habour (weather dependent) will Rendevous with the others near the Submarine Blocks.

Alternatively we will travel to littlehampton by car and meet you all in the Marina or Harbour office side thumbing a lift

WE WILL BE THERE!!!!!!

My Final decision regarding the weather will be made after tomorrow nights updates on the forecasts.

Iwill post my definitive plan approx 20:00hrs Friday.

Cheers
Kev.
__________________

__________________
Aging Youth
Aging Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.