Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 02 May 2005, 15:26   #241
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Took a trip up the Arun today just to checkout the times and best picnic spot.

From the LAmpton marina about 15 minutes to the Ship & Anchor and from LAmpton Marina to Arundel about 40 minutes possibly a bit quicker if you maintain 6.5knots. When we went up the river it was low water so had to check the depth all the time. At one time I had to drop anchor to clear the water inlet cos my engine overheating alarm came on . There is a lot of muck in the water so watch the engine temperature.

There is no place to moor up in Arundel so the best picnic area is on the second bend just past the road bridge which overlooks the LApmton Marina.
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2005, 16:13   #242
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Iver, Bucks, UK
Boat name: Prime Rib II
Make: Humber Ocean Pro
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercruiser 1.7 diese
MMSI: 235086032
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 443
Have a good trip Andre.... Sorry I can't make it! One day I'll stop working weekends nearly every week!



Mike C
__________________

__________________
Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2005, 17:14   #243
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Portsmouth
Boat name: Cracking Day
Make: Tohatsu
Length: 6m +
Engine: Optimax 150
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
Andy

not so sure what you are on about. Has this something to do with the cruise to LAmpton cos this is a 2 day event you are most welcome to join for both or any one of the days. Please checkout the posts
Andre,

I'm not that thick lol!

I'm sure some folks are just coming for a saturday or sunday, I would like to tag along one of the days, just would like to know where and people might be meeting?

I think the Sunday is most likely?

Andy
__________________
Tactical Paintball-Hampshire, Surrey and beyond!
www.crackingday.com
Andy Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2005, 17:20   #244
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Stevens
Andre,

I'm not that thick lol!

I'm sure some folks are just coming for a saturday or sunday, I would like to tag along one of the days, just would like to know where and people might be meeting?

I think the Sunday is most likely?

Andy
Andy

the thought never crossed my mind . Why not join us for breakfast at the Arun View say 9:00 cos my guess is that some may want to have a longer sleep so we should be ready to roll about 10:00/10:30

will you need a ride or will be be in your own rib
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2005, 17:21   #245
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C
Have a good trip Andre.... Sorry I can't make it! One day I'll stop working weekends nearly every week!



Mike C
Thanks Mike . will miss Prime Rib II
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 May 2005, 18:56   #246
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Carterton, Oxon
Boat name: Trigger's Broom
Make: FRib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki 15hp 2/s
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 264
Send a message via Yahoo to Noddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
Took a trip up the Arun today just to checkout the times and best picnic spot.

From the LAmpton marina about 15 minutes to the Ship & Anchor and from LAmpton Marina to Arundel about 40 minutes possibly a bit quicker if you maintain 6.5knots. When we went up the river it was low water so had to check the depth all the time. At one time I had to drop anchor to clear the water inlet cos my engine overheating alarm came on . There is a lot of muck in the water so watch the engine temperature.

There is no place to moor up in Arundel so the best picnic area is on the second bend just past the road bridge which overlooks the LApmton Marina.
Andre
Not being that familiar with the area Im a bit lost here?
Do you mean after everyone meets we are going up to Arundel and then turning round and coming back to the picnic site or just going straight there and missing out Arundel?
Martyn
__________________
Live every day as if its your last and one day you will be spot on!!
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2005, 04:24   #247
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noddy
Andre
Not being that familiar with the area Im a bit lost here?
Do you mean after everyone meets we are going up to Arundel and then turning round and coming back to the picnic site or just going straight there and missing out Arundel?
Martyn
Not really. Our thinking is that we are going to give everybody the option what to do, by the way no mooring places so no chance of having the picnic on dry land

1) we could all go up to Arundel but no picnic area - but a worthwhile trip , nice views , town, castle ect, Black Rabbit pub (possible facilities to moor up but not for such a quantity of ribs)
and say have the picnic on the way back
or

2) have the picnic first cos those coming from the Solent may want to dive in their sandwich boxes, coolers ect and then go up to Arundel.


Once back into LAmpton everybody checks in their B&Bs and we see you in the Arun View. - if we have an early meal say 6-6:30 then at 9 perhaps some would be up to an evening spin cos still daylight. This we can agree when we all meet up

for those who will want to fuel up I suggest this is done as soon as we get back from Arundel
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2005, 04:31   #248
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Overnight mooring

We have made arrangements for overnight mooring at:

1) Littlehampton Marina

2) Arun View pub

3) Visitor's mooring by the Harbour Master's office


For those staying at the QuaySide B&B, Nelson Hotel and any other B&B by the sea front then option 3 payment to the harbour master's office

For those camping at the Ship & Anchor- best Littlehampton Marina - payment directly to the Marina

for those staying at the Arun View - then Arun View Mooring

There is enough spaces for all
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2005, 07:19   #249
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre
(possible facilities to moor up but not for such a quantity of ribs)
Going up to Arundel then just turning round seems like a bit of an anticlimax.

How about loading everyone onto a few of the RIBs and going for the Black Rabbit? We could leave the other boats at Littlehampton.

John
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2005, 07:50   #250
Trade member
 
Andre's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Sussex
Boat name: Grey Mist
Make: Parker 800 Baltic
Length: 8m +
Engine: 2xMercury Diesel 170
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,456
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett
Going up to Arundel then just turning round seems like a bit of an anticlimax.

How about loading everyone onto a few of the RIBs and going for the Black Rabbit? We could leave the other boats at Littlehampton.

John
It is a good idea and we had that in mind with Phil only a picnic lunch keeps the cost down as there will be a pub meal in the evening. But then it is up to each crew if some want a pub lunch then for sure the Black Rabbit is a good choice.

Those who are opting for the picnic the only decision is before or after the run (at a slow pace) to Arundel

A show of hands when we meet will decide on which option is best
Andre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.