Old 15 June 2008, 16:54   #21
ADS

Town: Dorset
Length: 4m +
I wondered if you were on here! Very thorough safety briefing, I didn't hear you tell them where the spare kill cord was located although I didn't hear the whole briefing.
I was one of the lads mooring up the blue open sports boat (unfortunatly) on the inside, new Tohatsu 50hp on the back, stripey seats etc, thankfully not mine!
Old 15 June 2008, 16:59   #22
RIBnet supporter

Town: Hants
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300hp plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADS View Post
I wondered if you were on here! Very thorough safety briefing, I didn't hear you tell them where the spare kill cord was located although I didn't hear the whole briefing.
I was one of the lads mooring up the blue open sports boat (unfortunatly) on the inside, new Tohatsu 50hp on the back, stripey seats etc, thankfully not mine!
Yep saw you mooring, I was squeezed into the end dock so kept fairly short, but the kill cord spare we talked about on the boat just in case I jumped in!!!! With a lovely crew like that NO CHANCE
Old 15 June 2008, 17:05   #23
ADS

Town: Dorset
My Searider was further up the river at the festival, not a bad crew I must admit, not to mention the wellies going past, I didn't know where to look, thank goodness for sunglasses!
I jumped off on the folly pontoon to use their facilities and my friend motored up and down while I was gone, when I returned he had been told that I would have to pay them a fiver or they would chase us down the river!
They didn't chase us, and I didn't pay!

That sports boat is awful, I took it back from Cowes to Christchurch that evening hoping that it would of been abit calmer, it wasn't. Feel like i ve got whiplash today not to mention the back ache, I was half expecting the console to break lose, probably only 4 self tappers holding it in!
Old 16 June 2008, 11:51   #24

Town: Gosport
Boat name: Gee-Gee-Jay
Make: Avon Searider
Engine: 40hp Yamaha
MMSI: 235050323
The Police On (and Off) The Water

Enjoyed last night up the Medina River (although the Police weren't quite as good as the Rolling Stones last year - IMHO).

Arrived with my wife just after 8pm as the Kooks set was starting. The Folly berthing master with his flashing blue light spinning was working hard to keep a central channel clear as ribs rafted onto the yachts. Each new arrival trying to anchor in the channel (and blocking others views) was greeted with raspberries blown on fog horns. One yacht tried to cut through at about 8 knots narrowly misssing children paddling inflatables and was suitably condemned.

Enjoyed watching the 3 teenagers playing what looked like semi-naked Twister on an inflatable ringo in mid-stream. Another highlight was the young woman who was so excited by the Kooks set she ended up bouncing off her rib and into the river. No sympathy there, just a show of camera phones to record the event.

The Police opened dramatically with Message in a Bottle and the band went through a great set of classic hits sung by a slightly hoarse/quiet bearded Sting. No special guest joined them this year. Perhaps they couldn't top Amy Winehouse with Mick Jagger!

We left just as the encore began with Roxanne in order to avoid the unlit armada. The Solent was a millpond on the return run to Portsmouth and we were back in Blockhouse by 10 to midnight.

Heard some VHF chat with the coastguard about a broken-down rib in the vicinity of Osborne Bay but we were close to Gilkicker by then and another vessel was assisting. Hope they all got home safely.

Looking forward to next year's line-up announcement.

Hope you all enjoyed the evening.

Andy
Old 16 June 2008, 16:08   #25

Town: Cowes
Boat name: Tabby Cat
Make: Halmatic
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Yamaha 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP View Post
Heard some VHF chat with the coastguard about a broken-down rib in the vicinity of Osborne Bay but we were close to Gilkicker by then and another vessel was assisting. Hope they all got home safely.

Andy
They did get back safely. We got paged at 23.40, found the casualty and then towed them into Camber, Portsmouth. I got to bed a 0230.

Simon
Old 16 June 2008, 20:26   #26
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Did you have a safety boat there this year Simon? Didn't see you guys and the berthing master wasn't that evident on Saturday-though I have to admit my attention was more on the stage most of the time.

Quote of the year came from Jimbo on Saturday though...

'Ah, the Sex Pistols. What did they sing?' which started off the chorus of 'Friggin in the Rigging'

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 June 2008, 20:38   #27

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
love to see some pics, anybody??
Old 16 June 2008, 20:47   #28

Town: Côte d'Azur
Boat name: Beaver Patrol
Make: Avon Searider SR4
We had a great weekend - was over there lots over the weekend transporting people around. We went up there last night to see the Kooks and the Police - they were great. We had a really good "rendition" of Roxan before heading back up to Cowes for the night. Only downer for me was some really weird Canadian guys in a 5.4 searider. They attracted our attention on our way up there near the folly, saying they had run out of fuel and needed a tow. We towed them up to the festival area where they got angry with us as we refused to tow them through the anchored boats. As we untied them they fired up their engine and motored up river! Very od, especially as they wouldn't give us out two bottles of beer that they promised as salvage fee! All in all a great festival. Looking forward to next year. (pics to follow)
Old 16 June 2008, 21:02   #29
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Here's some from Saturday:-
1) Sex Pistols
2)About 7pm
3)Sex Pistols again
4) First time I've seen one of these on the water. No prizes for guessing where...
5)Bembridge the next morning with Matthew Allen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0029.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	35554   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0019.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	35555   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0028.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	35556   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0006.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	35558   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0039.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	35559  

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2008, 08:50   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Did you have a safety boat there this year Simon? Didn't see you guys and the berthing master wasn't that evident on Saturday-though I have to admit my attention was more on the stage most of the time.
We declined to do it this year, due to the current transitional phase we are in with the RNLI. If any problems has of taken place we would of been tasked in any event as we cover as far as Newport.

Simon
Old 17 June 2008, 10:27   #31
RIBnet supporter

Town: Lymington Hampshire
Boat name: Hot Lemon
Make: Scorpion
Engine: Yanmar diesel
MMSI: 235
Missing rib

Hi Simon

Out of interest where was the broken down RIB ? We were looking for it all the way back from Cowes ,
Old 17 June 2008, 12:22   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LURCHER View Post
Hi Simon

Out of interest where was the broken down RIB ? We were looking for it all the way back from Cowes ,
It was east of the ryde middle bank, north of the main Channel. We found it quite easily, by doing a specific search of the area. Found it withion 20 minutes of pager.

Simon
Old 17 June 2008, 16:14   #33
RIBnet supporter

Rib

That would explain it info we got from Solent CG was that it was Osbourne Bay area though they seem unsure of thier position anyhow. Think we must have been past them when we got the info .
Old 17 June 2008, 16:17   #34
RIBnet supporter

Cowes

Further ramblings ,, was anyone passed in the Medina by an Orange rib possibly Ribcraft going flat out ? He went past us just before the chain ferry at about 30kn took us completely by surprise and slalomed round us and the ferry . Not very nice at all!