Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 27 January 2013, 15:21   #1
Member
 
Ribliam's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Cork
Boat name: No name
Make: Redbay 650
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 89
RIBase
Ireland - Easdale RIB Rendezvous feeder cruise 2013

I have being thinking about doing a run to Scotland in my own rib for a couple of years now, well I have finally decided that this is the year.

I will be towing the rib from Cork in south of Ireland to a suitable port of departure up at the other end, I am hoping that their may be some boats travelling to Easdale from the North and was hoping that I could tag along with some craft heading to Scotland.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
__________________

__________________
Ribliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 15:45   #2
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,925
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribliam View Post
I am hoping that their may be some boats travelling to Easdale from the North and was hoping that I could tag along with some craft heading to Scotland.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
I hope to raise a posse to leave from Cushendall. You should join us, it's "wile craic, hi"

EDIT: Link to Easdale Rib Rendezvous 3-5 May 2013
__________________

__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 15:57   #3
Member
 
Ribliam's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Cork
Boat name: No name
Make: Redbay 650
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki OB
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 89
RIBase
That would be great, from memory there is plenty space around the slipway to leave the jeep and trailer.
__________________
Ribliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 16:16   #4
Member
 
Portnahaven's Avatar
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: belfast
Boat name: portnahaven
Make: Red Bay Boats
Length: 7m +
Engine: yamaha 245hp diesel
MMSI: 235089641
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribliam View Post
I have being thinking about doing a run to Scotland in my own rib for a couple of years now, well I have finally decided that this is the year.

I will be towing the rib from Cork in south of Ireland to a suitable port of departure up at the other end, I am hoping that their may be some boats travelling to Easdale from the North and was hoping that I could tag along with some craft heading to Scotland.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Red Bay pier at Cushendall is the best. Good slip and good parking.
Will be heading out from there myself.
__________________
Portnahaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 16:18   #5
Member
 
Portnahaven's Avatar
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: belfast
Boat name: portnahaven
Make: Red Bay Boats
Length: 7m +
Engine: yamaha 245hp diesel
MMSI: 235089641
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I hope to raise a posse to leave from Cushendall. You should join us, it's "wile craic, hi"
Willk ,any idea how many of us are leaving from Red Bay?
__________________
Portnahaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 16:22   #6
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,925
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portnahaven View Post
Willk ,any idea how many of us are leaving from Red Bay?
Not really. It's early days but I was planning to open a sub-thread for the interested boats at some point. Seeing as that's three, I'll do it now.
__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 16:25   #7
RIBnet supporter
 
jambo's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Girvan & Tayvallich
Boat name: Breawatch
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 150 F/stroke
MMSI: ex directory!!
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,787
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portnahaven View Post
Willk ,any idea how many of us are leaving from Red Bay?
Jesus Richard at this rate we will have to alert the Border patrol Mind you it will be lovely to see you all coming up the Sound and if you are coming on the Fri you can pick us up as you pass Carsaig we will join you for the run up as I will luanch from there to save fuel.

B
__________________
jambo
'Carpe Diem'
Member of the ebay Blue RIB cover club
Member of SABS ( Scottish West Division)
jambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 16:34   #8
Member
 
Portnahaven's Avatar
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: belfast
Boat name: portnahaven
Make: Red Bay Boats
Length: 7m +
Engine: yamaha 245hp diesel
MMSI: 235089641
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo View Post
Jesus Richard at this rate we will have to alert the Border patrol Mind you it will be lovely to see you all coming up the Sound and if you are coming on the Fri you can pick us up as you pass Carsaig we will join you for the run up as I will luanch from there to save fuel.

B
Don't do that - they probably have some law concerning undesirables.
Should be off on friday, and meet up with you
__________________
Portnahaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 16:35   #9
Member
 
Ribochet's Avatar
 
Country: UK - N Ireland
Town: Rostrevor
Boat name: Ricochet
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Twin F115 Yams
MMSI: 235083269
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 911
I will be towing the rib from Cork in south of Ireland to a suitable port of departure up at the other end, I am hoping that their may be some boats travelling to Easdale from the North and was hoping that I could tag along with some craft heading to Scotland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I hope to raise a posse to leave from Cushendall. You should join us, it's "wile craic, hi"
+1 for that.

Interesting road down to Cushendall at times but well worth it at the end - loads of space to park etc - and you will be guaranteed a céad míle fáilte
__________________
Maximum Preparation - Maximum Fun
Ribochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2013, 16:38   #10
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,925
RIBase
All right, there's a few that have expressed interest. I'll not start a List but feel free to bail in. Saturday is Tony Hill's Big Day on the Easdale side and this year they intend to head south to circumnavigate Jura (WX permitting) or play in the Sound of Jura if it doesn't. That means a lot of retracing miles for us if we make Easdale on the Friday night (up, down, up, down ).

Any takers for a VERY early start on Saturday to RV with the others around Jura somewhere and head up to Easdale for the festivities on Saturday night? An alternative would be to leave on Friday and overnight in Port Askaig on Friday night - it has accommodation, food, drink, fuel and a very sheltered harbour.
__________________

__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.