Our options have reduced a bit. I called the Jura Hotel in Craighouse. They have a wedding on that weekend and have only two rooms left. The camping facilities are closed for the season too. I think that knocks Jura on the head - maybe one to call at for a wee refreshment on Saturday?
I thought more about Port Ellen. It isn't the best positioned for Saturday and the fuel is a wee bitty from the pontoons. Also a few of us will be returning thereabouts a couple of weeks later. It's not doable for Jambo and his crew either.
So I called the hotel in Port Askaig
. Marion has a few rooms left and has a couple on tap at Ayen Cottage
up the road a bit. I'm not sure how many are travelling per boat and who's sleeping aboard etc. They will allow a tent on their private lawn for Ribochet (who they now understand is a bit Special). I have held rooms for a day or so to let us confer. After some block booking on my part
, the hotel has a single room left. The B&B has three twin/double rooms (apparently it's the mutt's nuts) and the hotel can arrange a taxi up after dinner/drinks.
There will be space for the boats - we can use the north quay if we need to, the fishing boats won't be transhipping there until Monday. The hotel has agreed a 48 hour no-penalty cancellation so we have reasonable flexibility with a weather call.
SO: Are we happy to use Port Askaig on Friday and head up to Easdale for early Saturday evening? I intend to RV with Tony Hill and his team in Loch Tarbert around lunchtime, we could then decide the rest of the trip depending on wx etc.