Old 05 February 2003, 21:02   #1

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Ipswitch cruise

As part of my lengthy winter list of boat-jobs the old girl has been in Ipswitch for a few days getting a little TLC to the sponsons - i'm provisionaly going to be bringing her back by sea next weekend (Sat 15th) - anyone else is more than welcome to join me!

I don't think there are any other mad RIBsters this end of the world - but hey, i'm going anyway!

My proposed launch site will be Levengintion marina http://www.boatlaunch.co.uk/main/siteframe.asp?site=32 any local knowledge would be appreciated too!
Old 05 February 2003, 23:00   #2

Town: Newfoundland
Length: no boat
Lots of mad ribsters in this area!

Me, JCW errm Phil plus a few I know who haven't found rib.net yet! Unable to join you this weekend as have other things on but can offer advice on Levington Marina as have launched there on numerous occasions. (I run the BIBOA East Coast Rivers cruise from there in early May - see thread for details). Levington is a good slip but v steep and has a wire and pulley system that is highly recommended if the tides out and you dont have a 4x4! Launching all states of the tide. Cost is a tenner IIRC.

If you need anything more drop me an email or pm.

Cheers,
Alan
Old 11 February 2003, 11:01   #3

Town: London
Make: Humber Ocean Extreme
Length: 8m
Engine: Optimax 225
The big black one is safely tucked away at Suffolk show ground until the end of March- £110.00 for the covered locked winter storage is a bargain.

Usually takes me about 1.75 hours to Ramsgate depending on conditions;

I'm sure you are aware that wind and tide can have a significant impact on the shallow waters of the estuary.

Levington is the best place to launch as Alan says but use the winch at very low water even if you have a 4x4- if you can see the metal at the end of the concrete its about as low as it gets
Old 11 February 2003, 12:09   #4

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Thanks for the advice guys,

Unfortunatly this may need to be posponed becasue i had overlooked Friday being valentines day - my crew is not going to be alowded out to play! (Need to go up fri pm to collect boat - not open sat am!).

The new date is likely to be Monday.

The reason i had chosen levington was becasue, although i have a range rover, it'll cost far too much to drive it all this way so i'll be using the car.

Hope to meet you guys at the east coats rivers thing in May then!

Daniel