Old 13 May 2003, 06:32   #341

Town: Hilton-of-Cadboll
Length: no boat

Hello folks

Ah well, back to ruddy work then!

There are so many threads on the weekend now that I've had a problem deciding where to post my thanks. Anyway I've decided that the 'original' thread would be the place.

Thanks Charles and Brian for getting it all together for us.
Thanks to everyone who came for your great company.
It was a very good weekend.

It was nice to see how everyone mucked in and shared their thoughts, jokes, expertise and seating space.

As for Quicksilver,well I managed to find one volunteer for crew (thanks Aging Youth). As for the SIB race....unfortunately Mike Garside was forced to withdraw due to technical reasons. So, I look forward to round 1 in Orkney then Mike.

Oh yes, next time you see Andy Cox ask him how he nearly got me arrested for 'kerb crawling'!

Regards

Keith (it might be small but it was there [again]) Hart
Old 13 May 2003, 11:53   #342

Town: Cheltenham
Hello all,

Yes thanks to the organisers, turned out to be a great weekend with a good combination of boats and characters.

Well done to you all for making the effort and thanks to Andre and Dave for taking us out on your boats.

Im off to tend the sun / wind burn !

Tiger
Old 13 May 2003, 14:07   #343

Town: St Mawes
Boat name: Magellan Zulu
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: 2 x Suzuki DF150
MMSI: 235094135
Well, a few thanks are due from me, too.

Thanks to Keith for the conceiving the idea of it all. It was good to meet face to face after all this time, KH.

Thanks to Charles for taking up the reins and getting a grip. You made it all work, Meneer C.

And thanks to Brian for so much of the leg-work and the guided tour. Glad I tucked in behind you instead of crossing the sand bar as we explored the Yealm, BE.

It was also great to meet and talk to a whole load of faces new to me. Daniel Hawkes, Martin Stacey, David Clarkson, Andre Scott, Kevin Ageing Youth, John Crazyhorse, James Jelly and Phillip the Tiger. Nice to meet you, guys.

But there was only so much time and I missed the chance to yarn with Mike C, David V, Graham C, Chris L, Bernie H and Paul B. And anyone else in my less than coherent state I have missed from this list. Next time soon, I hope.

And finally, good to see you again Andy C, Andy M, Pet and the Kids, and Alan and Laura, the Crazy Canadian.

Oh...a quick PS. When I was back in St Mawes unpacking the SIB that was spotted adrift on the ocean by Eagle Eye Cox, I found a wet bit of paper in the gunge and slop in a corner of the boat. On it was a telephone number. I called it and a hugely grateful owner answered. So, folks, no SIB to auction. But I'll do my best to make sure the owner makes his donation to the RNLI on behalf of RIBnet when he comes to collect.

Cheers everyone.
Old 14 May 2003, 07:50   #344

Town: Falmouth
Boat name: Big Blue
Make: Halmatic Pacific 22
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mermaid 140
Hiya all.

Indeed, what a splendid weekend.

It was great to meet everyone and many thanks to Charles and Brian for all their efforts and making the whole thing work.

Keith, we might not have looked so suspcious if you had'nt insisted on making me drive 25 times around that street corner !

John - Crazyhorse, I'll get back to you with a couple of thoughts later this week but looks brill.

Cheers All

Andy (Eagle Eye) Cox
Old 14 May 2003, 08:23   #345

Town: Bristol
Make: none
Thanks to Charles and Brian for making an excellent weekend happen.

It was great to meet so many new faces and share a beer or three. I look forward to meeting some of you again in the not to distant future.

Having come down from Exmouth in a somewhat muddled sea on Saturday I am pleased to say the return on Sunday was a lot quicker for us. We left Plymouth in the Company of Awesome and were able to push 30-35 knots most of the way back up.

Martin
mstacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2003, 12:45   #346

Town: Portchester, Hants.
Send a message via AIM to Aging Youth Send a message via Yahoo to Aging Youth
Too Close for Comfort

Hi Guys,

On the subject of Law Enforcement Officers. One boat did get a bit too close to those Nuclear Sub's & attracted the attention of MOD Police with Blues lights + sirens. What Signs Officer!!!

I have the photograph to prove it Don't I Daniel?.

I hope to be on the Solent on Saturday to See HMS Ark Royal return from the Gulf around lunchtime if anyone is interested.

I look forward to my next trip, once I figured out where to put my new goodies on the boat.

Regards
Old 15 May 2003, 12:55   #347

Town: Margate / Ramsgate
Boat name: Bumbl
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yanmar diesel
Kevin,

I have admited to this in the gallery where i posted pic of said boys in blue! I'd appreciate a copy of the pic if grayswish is in it as well as the police boat!

If you need a hand fitting the Navman shout...

Daniel
Old 15 May 2003, 20:08   #348

Town: Portchester, Hants.
Send a message via AIM to Aging Youth Send a message via Yahoo to Aging Youth
Grayswish Photo's

Hi Daniel,

I am sorting out my pic's and Andre is sending me a disk. Once in order will call you.

Thanks for the offer I might just take you up on that. Just reading through the destructions (if you have seen me with a spanner + Screwdriver you would understand).

Cheers for now
Old 16 May 2003, 11:28   #349

Town: Worcestershire
Boat name: Not Yet Named
Make: Avon SR 4
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40 HP Yamaha Autolub
Have finally posted some pictures on the Gallery Section - enjoy