Old 07 March 2005, 11:27   #11
Town: Guernsey
Boat name: Charger
Make: Prosport
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 200HP OB
Cheers for Saturday Alan, can't believe I didn't twig who you were considering you give your full name as a login!!

Sorry I had to turn back, but it was nice to get out for a quick blast in company for the first time out this season. Got the prop out a few times going down the East coast so I think the boats going OK....

Give me a shout next time you're out, I generally need some notice, but weekend afternooons are normally OK.

Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 March 2005, 13:01   #12
Town: Carigaline/Baltimore
Boat name: XS-600
Make: XS-Ribs
Length: 6m +
Engine: Merc Optimax 150 XL
Originally Posted by pettal
Not mightly impressed that something like that should fall off 4-5 months after delivery!..........

........Not and easy job.......and bl**dy cold on all fours, armpit deep in water at this time of year!!!............

............The trunk is now securely fixed with a large jubilee clip! Might I suggest that anyone else with a XS-Rib do the same as I'd hate for anyone to be out on their own and suffer the same problem.
Sorry to hear about that Pettal I'm getting the shivers just thinking about it!! Quite strange though as mine came with the a big jubilee clip around the elephants trunk, so maybe the guys at Barnet just forgot, not like them though!!

Any pics of the day out?? Got your backrests yet?

Steve G
If In Doubt, Go Flat Out!!
swginn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 March 2005, 05:24   #13
Town: St Peter Port
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: XS-Ribs
Length: 9m +
Engine: 2 x 225hp Optimax
Hi Steve,

Yup a bit worrying, if you got a clip then maybe they just forgot to put mine on!?

Either way it has one now!

Nah, forgot to take the camera out......which in hindsight wasn't such a bad idea!

I'm gonna order my new seats at the end of the month as I'm a bit skint at the moment. But looking forward to sticking them on!

Which part of "throw me the mooring line" didn't you understand!?
pettal is offline   Reply With Quote