Old 10 August 2009, 20:48   #1

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Worth the wait
Make: Parker
Length: 7m +
Engine: Outboard
Fowey 14th - 21st Aug

My family and our RIB will be based in Fowey for the week, if anyone is around the area please come say hello, as this is our first trip to the area with our own boat.

I would really appreciate any hints or tips for things to do or see, although looking at the coast, there should be lots of adventures to be had.

Is there petrol available in the harbour? My Reeds would suggest not, if that is the case are there any petrol stations in the vicinity.

Where would you eat in the evenings?? I know it will be busy as I understand it will be regatta week.

Regards
Steve
Old 11 August 2009, 06:33   #2

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
Regatta week is brilliant there are usually 2 very good firework displays (one year they even set a field on fire !!) the Red Arrows are superb as are the working boat races, it does get very very busy, program of events is here - http://www.foweyroyalregatta.co.uk/regatta_calendar.php

Oh and car parking is very difficult BUT it is a great place well worth walking to.
Old 11 August 2009, 06:38   #3

Town: Wilmslow
Boat name: Serotonin
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15
I think there is a fuel pontoon otherwise the nearest fuel is about 1 mile from the ferry slip way, which is a very good slip, have a look here http://www.foweyharbour.co.uk/ for more details and the river Bye Laws
Old 11 August 2009, 08:22   #4
RIBnet supporter

Town: Rutland
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred bolton View Post
I think there is a fuel pontoon otherwise the nearest fuel is about 1 mile from the ferry slip way, which is a very good slip, have a look here http://www.foweyharbour.co.uk/ for more details and the river Bye Laws
No petrol in Fowey on the water nearest is Mylor and that was £1.58 a litre last time I filled there.
There is a petrol station over the ferry (Fowey side)mile or so, from memory or there is one close to the harbour in Looe but I didn't fancy mooring up to the wall and it dries out

Going the other way I'm not sure about Plymouth but there is fuel on a par to Mylor prices in Salcombe (but she does smile as she takes your card)
Old 11 August 2009, 08:25   #5

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Spose you could get a taxi to take you up to the filling station in Fowey. I'll probably spin up there at some point during Fowey Week. I could bring a 25ltr can at a bit less than Mylor prices.
Old 14 August 2009, 11:24   #6

Town: Hamble
Boat name: Warshot
Make: Scorpion
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 Optimax
Hi Steve,

Would definately recommend a trip to Lantic Bay, just to the east of Fowey.

First went there with Brian on a BIBOA cruise about 7 years ago (thanks, Brian!)

The bay is only accessible from the land via a walk down a steep and lengthy path. There are no facilities either but because of these two factors the beach is very quiet and great place to relax for a few hours.

The shingle is white, the sea aquamarine blue and the first time I went there I couldn't believe I was actually in the UK!