Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 01 January 2015, 16:01   #61
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrus View Post
I may leave from kip or largs marina if anyone fancies that?

Plenty of room to leave cars and trailers there and probably just as quick as the drive to Oban etc.

Cheers
Maybe I am just being pedantic but is Kintyre not in the road going to Easdale from Largs!
Its only about 50mins to get to Tarbert but unless you have wheels on the bottom of the boat you have a few miles of dry land to cover to get to the water on the other side, unless the plan is to go round the MoK?
__________________

__________________
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 January 2015, 16:09   #62
Member
 
dubrus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Make: Ribcraft 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki df200
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,088
yes, round the MoK
__________________

__________________
dubrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01 January 2015, 18:00   #63
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Inverness
Boat name: none
Make: none
Length: 5m +
Engine: none
MMSI: none
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,908
Tide heights

I am glad I don't live in Oban anymore, went to Register and it seems that on friday of the event HW is going to be 23.5m.
__________________
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 January 2015, 18:03   #64
RIBnet admin team
 
willk's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Make: Redbay Boats
Length: 9m +
Engine: 370hp
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 12,928
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
I am glad I don't live in Oban anymore, went to Register and it seems that on friday of the event HW is going to be 23.5m.
For that, I'd go back to Oban one more time

__________________
"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?"
.
willk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 January 2015, 21:27   #65
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: North East Scotland
Boat name: Redbay 10
Make: Redbay
Length: 9m +
Engine: Twin Yam inb 165hp
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 62
2015...Registration done
__________________
Scottish diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 January 2015, 18:16   #66
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish diver View Post
2015...Registration done
Wow - your post didn't appear until 0227 the following day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrus View Post
yes, round the MoK
I have been toying with this for a while as a standalone cruise (Rhu - Dunstaffnage and if impending weather / time weren't on my side jump the train back to Helensburgh & recover the boat later by road type thing) so this is pure paperwork estimations, but FWIW

- with a boat that will drink 0.85L / NM it; literally is 50/50 going through the canal or round the end - both cost & time. The canal is a lot more direct, but all that time at low speed + the canal fees pretty much equates to going round the end on the plane, give or take half an hour and a couple of quid.
__________________
9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 January 2015, 18:26   #67
Member
 
dubrus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Make: Ribcraft 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki df200
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,088
I'm planning to put my rib in dunstaffonage marina at the easdale event.

If you fancy doing the mull or canal on way to easdale then I can see about getting our trailers to dunstaffonage for recovery. Your trailer will probably fit ontop of mine type thing.

Hit me up and we can leave the Clyde wed or so perhaps or at least look at logistics of it.

Cheers
__________________
dubrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06 January 2015, 08:27   #68
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,610
I seriously douby I'm going to have the time to do that this year - I am currently working on a semi realistic "worst case" plan B that I leave the tent behind, rock up at 8am on Saturday morning having woken some sparrows on the way out the house, and then head home in the evening.
(currently negotiating with Mrs 9D re. childcare / "payback" )

Plan A is up on the Friday, camp, then back late Sat evening.

If you fancy doing the mull trip another time I'm up for it. I seriously doubt combining it with Easdale will work this year for me, but a weekend sometime in the future? (I've been half planning this from back in the days of owning an SR4 and "wait for suitable weather & go" was an option!)
__________________
9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 January 2015, 13:38   #69
RIBnet admin team
 
Poly's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280 View Post
I am currently working on a semi realistic "worst case" plan B that I leave the tent behind, rock up at 8am on Saturday morning having woken some sparrows on the way out the house, and then head home in the evening.
That was my plan last year, then I decided to stay for dinner with Willk, DD, Jambo, etc. before I headed back down the road. I ended up parking up half way for a sleep for a few hours! I'm considering alternatives this year...
__________________
Poly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 January 2015, 14:13   #70
Member
 
dubrus's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Make: Ribcraft 6.8
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki df200
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280 View Post
I seriously douby I'm going to have the time to do that this year - I am currently working on a semi realistic "worst case" plan B that I leave the tent behind, rock up at 8am on Saturday morning having woken some sparrows on the way out the house, and then head home in the evening.
(currently negotiating with Mrs 9D re. childcare / "payback" )

Plan A is up on the Friday, camp, then back late Sat evening.

If you fancy doing the mull trip another time I'm up for it. I seriously doubt combining it with Easdale will work this year for me, but a weekend sometime in the future? (I've been half planning this from back in the days of owning an SR4 and "wait for suitable weather & go" was an option!)
Sure thing, we can sort it out in the summer perhaps.

Cheers
__________________

__________________
dubrus is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rib

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.