Easdale RIB Rendezvous final update
I travelled through to Perth earlier in the week, no road works between Crianlarich and Oban.
The weekend forecast one has to admit is not great on the wind front. Overhead conditions are given as basically dry but cold. As the wind is from the east or ESE all is not lost. I certainly will be advising against heading to Colonsay/Scalasiag. Once you clear the shelter of Garvellachs/Jura the seas are likely to build and there will be rollers heading into Scallasaig.
As we claim there is always somewhere to go boating locally due to the number of island here current thoughts are a trip to the head of Loch Etive with stops along the wayat somewhere like Taynuilt/Bonawe. A visit to the furnace is worth the stop alone. I am attempting to seek information of whether we can tie up easily anywhere locally.
If there is anyone on the forum who ‘has the local knowledge’ I would be grateful if you could contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
or telephone the Seafari Ticket Office 01852 300003.
Your checklist should include
Have you booked your meals - The Puffer Bar (01852 300022) or The Oyster Bar (01852 300121)
The Puffer Bar will also have a pay as you go BBQ on Saturday
Seafari Ticket Office will not be listening on either CH 16 orCH77. You can book out/in with them by visiting the shop, use Stornoway Coastguard. Seafari’s boat Celtic Voyager (or Seafari) will be listening in on 16 and 77.
With the forecast, I am of the opinion I will be keeping my RIBs in the harbour rather than bouncing about in theSound. It will be just a bit more crowded in the harbour and organisation required. For those with larger RIBs who would normally use a mooring, we will make provision in the harbour where you will not ground out. Smaller boats to the fore and aft moorings. There will be plenty of Seafari staff to assist.
With the tide heights given we as Seafari would expect to get our boats in/out of the harbour at all states of the tide.
We look forwards to meeting friends old and new
Team ERR 2015