Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
Dockside Petrol, Norway/Denmark

Hi

Just looking for some local knowledge on the above. Wondering about doing a lap of the North Sea and have a safe range between 250 and 280 nmiles. Obviously happy with the East Coast of the UK and France, Holland and Germany but get pretty vague further North. Any help appreciated.
Old 24 November 2006, 18:24   #2

Town: West Sussex
Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcamel View Post
Hi

Just looking for some local knowledge on the above. Wondering about doing a lap of the North Sea and have a safe range between 250 and 280 nmiles. Obviously happy with the East Coast of the UK and France, Holland and Germany but get pretty vague further North. Any help appreciated.

Ollie

look up [URL="http://www.rib.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5447&highlight=rib+cruise+baltic"

we headed from Chatham to Ijmuiden, Holland where there is fuel and the next day to Esbjerg, Denmark where we got to on full tanks (250 Nm) mind you I am talking of diesel.

The Estonians who took their Parker 900Baltic (2 x 225 Opti) in May from Littlehampton to Estonia headed also to Ijmuiden and then to the Kiel canal. They had problems in getting petrol and on a few occasions had to take a taxi to ferry jerry cans from the petrol station to the rib.

In Denmark some marina fuel stations are not manned and you will need cash to pay as the machines do not accept credit cards. Perhaps Rene could give you more info
Old 24 November 2006, 22:47   #3

Town: Newcastle upon Tyne
Boat name: Happy Hours
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 300 Verado
MMSI: 235040122
thank you Andre, as always its petrol I was looking for however I have found a pilot guide that seems to be the right thing, will collect it from town tomorrow.

Ollie
Old 04 December 2006, 21:43   #4

Town: Dublin & Enniscrone
Boat name: K'adó
Make: Redbay
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki 300
Euro Marina Guide

Ollie

I picked up a marina guide for Europe which I feel you will find veryuseful if you can find it. The official title escapes me for now as does the original guide but google might be able to help, Also very good for the med!!

Rgds