Role Call, Who's Coming........
Please take the time to respond to the following points.
1. Please stipulate if you are bringing your RIB or requiring a ride. All comers are welcome but of course, the more boats the merrier.
2. Following the Cruise many will I'm sure, wish to be on their merry way however, if you intend to stay and would like to continue the banter in the Pub, please make your intentions known as others may be stimulated to stay knowing you are also.
3. May I request that all those attending arrive at Pwllheli Marina (RNLI / Harbour Master / Professional Powerboat Training side) as close to 09:00 as possible as we need to take into account the very few daylight hours avalible. Appreciation is given that many will be arriving from afar, this will of course be taken into account however, please attempt to arrive no later than 10:00 as the weather may force us to tow across to Morfa Nefyn which, is some 20 minutes drive from Pwllheli.
With a lot of luck Jono Gorton may allow us to gather in his office, in which case tea and coffee will be avalible, however, if he has paying punters to cater for, may I suggest a Themos Flask. Alternatively, there's a "Snack Shack" a few minutes away serving the usual hot breakfast delights.
4. "Skippers". There will be a briefing to attend prior to departure during which we'll discuss and agree the route, timings and contingencys for the days event. It would assist greatly if all Skippers could have their craft pre-fueled. Although we will not cover more than 75 miles, if you have enough fuel for this range there should be no need to worry about it and you'll feel comfortable throughout the day. (I will have 240 ltrs on board plus 20 in reserve if anyone runs short).
5. I'll be attempting to muster a prompt launch of all those with RIBS. For those who have not launched in Pwllheli before, the slip is long and easy for both 4x4 or car. There will be several experienced local hands avalible so have no fear. In addition, there's plenty of parking space.
6. The facilities (with Jono Gorton's blessing) are super with toilets as well as showers, however, there are no restaurants or cafes so, please bring your own provisions.
7. For the slightly less experienced or if anyone requires a life jacket or advice on what to wear / not to wear please, feel free to ask. However, simply put, just think about keeping warm, dry and afloat and you should be ok.
It's a family cruise not a race, so no mater whether you've a 3.80 with a 30hp on the tail or a 7 metre with twin 150's please, feel free to join in. My intention is that we all leave together and arrive home together. Children, Dogs and Mother-in-Laws welcome.
Our route will be finalised on the day, however, I suggest the following.
A. Weather in our favour - Pwllheli to LLanbedrog - The Warren beach - Abersoch Bay - St Tudwal's Islands (Bear Grylls & Sea Lions) - Porth Ceriad (Fantastic rock formations) - Porth Neigwl (Hells Mouth) - Porth Ysgo - Aberdaron Bay - Bardsey Sound - Bardsey Island circumnavigation with lunch in Lighthouse Harbour. If time permits we could land on Bardsey. - Pwllheli.
B. Pwllheli - Cricceth - Porthmadog - Harlach - Shell Island - Barmouth, lunch on the quay. - Pwllheli.
C. Weather against a Pwllheli launch. We'll trailer to Morfa Nefyn, launch off the beach and mess about in the Bay with lunch at the pub which, is some 5 yards from the waters edge.
I've bound to of missed something so feel free to shout, however and in the meantime, I very much look forward to seeing the names that follow and of course everyone on the 28th.
Fee free to call me, Graeme - 07770 626074
Buy it & Use it, then sell it and buy something bigger